Review R16: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine set up the win
Dawson ensured the win

Murphy 50% of his disposals were turn overs just wow!

Cook is in the same category as Fog in his early games, low disposal count but the disposals are damaging- man he can kick!

Fantastic: me finally getting one over SBet - they were offering me a cash out - I needed a Cook goal heard a commentator say he’d been subbed SB still offering the cash out - Boom! Couldn’t move my sausage fingers quick enough.

Not sure why people keep bringing up Nicks.

He's obviously getting another year, while they make changes and try to fix the assistants and support staff.

It doesn't really matter whether FIVEaa callers disagree - obviously the club feels he's improved the results every year for four years and this year isn't clearly enough due to him.
If we win only 1-2 more games for the year, including last night, with players returning from injury, you don’t think we’d move on Nicks?

They have to publicly say it’s not on him because they re-signed him early, but if we were to implode for the second half of the year that’s a different story.

And it ultimately comes down to, do you rate Nicks and want him at the club? The Taylor selection sums up all that is bad about Nicks, last week he said he had stuff to work on, we cop an injury and in the short time he played showed he belongs.

I would rather 2024 be a massive failure with 2025 getting us back on the path to success, than have 2024 and 2025 as moderate failures.

Everything coming out of the club points to the latter

The high fives and backslapping in the box last night immediately after the win was telling....

So, has this board become a place where we're actively cheering against the club? Where winning a game or the side improving is a negative?
For me it's not so much the wins or losses for the rest of this year but what are we putting in place to aim for a flag which is what it should all be about.
We need to be looking at what talent we have on the list and trying to get games into those we think will be in our next flag side.
Having a player like Taylor, who might be a very handy player get one quarter on debut I don't think is the right way to go about that.
Now a lot will be telling from selections next week and if players like Taylor and Dowling can continue to get games and if players like Curtin can get better opportunities that maximise their talent.

So even though I don't think people should be upset we won I can understand some supporters being upset about the process of it all as we all just want our team finally winning a flag again.

For me it's not so much the wins or losses for the rest of this year but what are we putting in place to aim for a flag which is what it should all be about.
We need to be looking at what talent we have on the list and trying to get games into those we think will be in our next flag side.
Having a player like Taylor, who might be a very handy player get one quarter on debut I don't think is the right way to go about that.
Now a lot will be telling from selections next week and if players like Taylor and Dowling can continue to get games and if players like Curtin can get better opportunities that maximise their talent.

So even though I don't think people should be upset we won I can understand some supporters being upset about the process of it all as we all just want our team finally winning a flag again.
Only have a issue with Taylor IF he doesn’t get more game time this week

Except that the team is still very young, and getting some success for their efforts is incredibly important for their development.

Cheering for the side to fail so that we - what, start the rebuild again? So that everyone can finally get fired? So that those of us who were anti elements of the club are proven right?

I don't get it. These aren't empty wins. They're good wins for a developing team that's trying to grow and improve.
The same logic was rolled out in 2021 and 2022. You can't keep peddling it anymore.

So that those of us who were anti elements of the club are proven right?
I never get this happy clapper logic.

I’d much rather see Nicks hold the cup than be right that he’s a dud. The latter is what we’re dealing with though.

So, has this board become a place where we're actively cheering against the club? Where winning a game or the side improving is a negative?
Looking at it any other way is shortsighted and illogical. The club needs change. Not feel good moments that paper over the cracks. It’s not hard to fathom. But there will always be shortsighted happy clappers. part of life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the crowd was really below 30k that's a huge message to the club.

Our previous lowest outside of the Covid years (2020-2022) was 33k

Four matches below 30k in 2022

This website tracks all events in Australia crowd wise. They confirm 29802

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whatever the result is the handling of Taylor while Murphy puts in yet another shocker really epitomises what is wrong with the club.
... but ... but ... Seniority.

... but ... but ... Leadership.

... but ... but ... Continuity and Shape and he tries soooo hard :rolleyes: :poov1: .

Even worse, if Jones recovers quickly, Taylor is OUT again :sadv1:.

I would rather 2024 be a massive failure with 2025 getting us back on the path to success, than have 2024 and 2025 as moderate failures.

Everything coming out of the club points to the latter
That means Nicks will definitely be coaching us in 2026 with a higher possibility of getting re-signed compared to both years of moderate failure then he is more likely sacked end of 2025.

Rachele is a frustrating player but if he can put it all together, he will be a star, big if!!! Does some flashy things and if he can improve the poor moments, look out

Averages 2 touches less per game than Shai Bolton and has 1 less goal for the season. And Shai gets some midfield time

3rd season. Kid will be fine - a gun

I hope we have a few melts if we miss out on Draper this year because we’ve actually gone out there and won a few games and improved towards the end of the year. Anyone who can find a way to be negative with a win just really needs hand their memberships in, the worst sort.

Draper is looking more and more like a non top 10 pick to me. I seriously doubt we select him at the draft because it will a big reach. In the National games so far his stats are roughly 20 touches - 7 kicks 13 handballs a game. So a quicker version of Laird

That may be due to his injury - has started behind the eight ball this year, but I suspect our pick will have better options available to us

I think people feel that Nicks isn't able to coach at the level to be successful.
And the club being conservative wont make decisions to improve the club even when we are mediocre.

A win here and there makes it feel like we are just prolonging the inevitable.

I think people need to understand our list is a significantly greater impediment to success than our coaching staff. Significantly greater issue - and until we fill those holes it doesn’t matter who coaches us.

Take Clarko for instance - he will have a worse record than Nicks has ever had this season. North have also been rebuilding for longer than us - and have had a number of priority picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back