Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Who do you think will replace Rankine in the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Very nervous that McHenry will be in. Seemed to get lots of possessions this week

Reading the Crows' SANFL summary of the game vs Centrals from last week, they talked up both Jones & McHenry. You could probably bet your house that they will both be back this week.

Bond was the interesting one to get a few mentions now - it's sounding more like he could be debuting for the AFL team soon.

Reading the Crows' SANFL summary of the game vs Centrals from last week, they talked up both Jones & McHenry. You could probably bet your house that they will both be back this week.

Bond was the interesting one to get a few mentions now - it's sounding more like he could be debuting for the AFL team soon.
As has been mentioned numerous times on the SANFL thread, Ben Filosi is not a Crows employee, he is a freelance “journalist”. The weekly 5 points article is not the opinion of the coaches. I would trust the judgement of Bigman or Mutineer much more than Ben. His comments seem very stats driven.

No doubt that McHenry and Jones had solid games but I wouldn’t jump at shadows just yet.

As has been mentioned numerous times on the SANFL thread, Ben Filosi is not a Crows employee, he is a freelance “journalist”. The weekly 5 points article is not the opinion of the coaches. I would trust the judgement of Bigman or Mutineer much more than Ben. His comments seem very stats driven.

No doubt that McHenry and Jones had solid games but I wouldn’t jump at shadows just yet.

SANFL commentator Eugene Warrior votes and coaches votes look pretty right, though I'd have had Oscar Ryan and Hugh Bond higher than Matty Wright and Paul Thomas.

Round 13 SANFL Now Player of the Year Award​

Central v Adelaide – Eugene Warrior
3 – Ned McHenry (Adelaide)
2 – Hugh Bond (Adelaide)
1 – Harry Grant (Central)

Sturt v South – Jack Hannath

3 – Tom Lewis (Sturt)
2 – Sid Draper (South)
1 – Oscar Clavarino (South)
Glenelg v Eagles – Grant Coffee
3 – Riley Knight (Eagles)
2 – James Bell (Glenelg)
1 – Luke Reynolds (Glenelg)
West v Norwood – Phil Aspinall
3 – Matt Ling (Norwood)
2 – Izaak Twelftree (Norwood)
1 – Sam Frost (West)
North v Port – Tom Eglington
3 – Dylan Williams (Port)
2 – Dante Visentini (Port)
1 – Tom Clurey (Port)
Leaderboard
18 – Will Snelling (Sturt)
15 – Harry Boyd (Norwood)
14 – Campbell Combe (North), Harry Grant (Central)
11 – Matt Allen (Glenelg), James Rowe (Eagles), Tom Lewis (Sturt)
10 – Billy Cootee (Norwood), Baynen Lowe (Norwood)

Round 13 Shearman Medal - Coaches Votes​

Central v Adelaide
9 – Ned McHenry (Adelaide)
5 – Kieran Strachan (Adelaide)
4 – Jack Madgen (Adelaide)
3 – Lachlan Gollant (Adelaide)
3 – Kade Dittmar (Central)
2 – Oscar Ryan (Adelaide)
2 – Hugh Bond (Adelaide)
2 – Harry Grant (Central)

Sturt v South

8 – Oliver Grivell (Sturt)
6 – Tom Lewis (Sturt)
5 – Casey Voss (Sturt)
5 – Sid Draper (South)
3 – Kobe Mutch (South)
2 – Zac Becker (Sturt)
1 – Oscar Clavarino (South)
Glenelg v Eagles
10 – Riley Knight (Eagles)
8 – James Bell (Glenelg)
4 – Alex Martini (Glenelg)
3 – Luke Reynolds (Glenelg)
2 – James Rowe (Eagles)
2 – Jarrad Redden (Eagles)
1 – Matt Allen (Glenelg)
North v Port
10 – Dante Visentini (Port)
7 – Tom Clurey (Port)
6 – Dylan Williams (Port)
3 – Dyson Hilder (North)
2 – Kye Roberts (Port)
1 – Sam Ramsay (North)
1 – Hugh Jackson (Port)
West v Norwood
9 – Izaak Twelftree (Norwood)
8 – Matt Ling (Norwood)
7 – Harry Boyd (Norwood)
3 – Jackson Callow (Norwood)
3 – Baynen Lowe (Norwood)

Izak Rankine suspension: Adelaide Crows flag they will appeal the severity of the four week ban for rough conduct​

Adelaide’s Izak Rankine will appeal the severity of his suspension for rough conduct against Brisbane’s Brandon Starcevich at the tribunal tonight.

Adelaide will argue Izak Rankine’s bump on Brandon Starcevich should be graded as careless, rather than intentional, as it tries to have his suspension reduced to three games.
The match review officer handed the Crows star a four-match ban for the off-the-ball collision, which led to the Lions defender being subbed off with concussion during the first term of the game on Sunday.

Rankine will plead guilty and emphasises his contrition for the incident at the tribunal on Tuesday night.
But the club believes the incident should have received a careless grading.

Match review officer Michael Christian deemed it to be intentional conduct, high contact and severe impact.

Crows football boss Adam Kelly said Rankine was remorseful.

“While Izak had no intention of making head high contact that resulted in the injury, it obviously did occur and that is not being contested,” Kelly said.

“We believe however that a careless grading is more befitting of the incident.”

If the suspension was not reduced, Rankine would not return until the round 22 home game against the Western Bulldogs.

Nicks (on phone to MRP before Rankine judged, tries to disguise voice):

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want.
If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you we have plenty of money.

Also, what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

If you let Rankine go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you.
But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and
..."

MRP bloke:
"Nicksy, is that you? I'd know that squeaky voice anywhere ..."

Nicks:
"OK, OK, you got me.
Look, we need Pick 4 or lower because I've made a dog's breakfast of this season.
Can you give Rankine 4?
"

MRP bloke:
"Gotcha, say no more, consider it done ... uh, same $s, same drop-off?
[sees other MRP blokes looking at him] ... uh, yeah we'll have the watch ready by Midnight ...
the watch ... the CHINESE watch ... yeah, ok, bye-bye ... Muvva".

Apologies; I just had a helluva Food-Coma-by-Meat Feast at the Glenelg BBQ Inn and I think the glass of D'Arenberg just kicked in :drunk:.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Nicks knows if we lose to St Kilda, his job may be on the line. This will be a win at all costs game.
This is an absolute 8-point, lose at all costs game.

We're in 15th, half a game clear of St Kilda in 14th. Losing this gives us the chance to go a game and a half clear of them, which is important given that we have a better percentage.

Given our season is shot, and has been for some time, it's important to shore up our draft position. Losing this game keeps our first pick ahead of the Saints'. Bear in mind that they'll likely lose Josh Battle as a FA and there's the potential there for the compensation to fall into band 1. If they drop below us on the ladder, that potentially pushes our draft pick down 2 places. We really need to keep our first pick ahead of them

If we are ever going to draft an A grade mid then surely this year is the year we do it? So we need to get that pick as early as possible, not secure an empty victory in what is otherwise a dead rubber.

So yeah, Crows by 15 points in a game so dull we'll all have forgotten it by Monday.

Curtin in? Or will they go Borlase and try and free Keane up more?
Hopefully Ryan, his form at SANFL level has been consistently good this year, get some games into him.

Jones should have to dominate at SANFL before a return, and I don’t mind Curtin waiting for a return as long as he’s playing midfield

I think Nicks knows if we lose to St Kilda, his job may be on the line. This will be a win at all costs game.

I am expecting:

In:
  • Jones
  • McHenry

Out:
  • Taylor
  • Rankine

Dowling the sub

The hilarious thing is Jones and McHenry make us worse than other ins, so he's ****ing himself over the dud.

Back