Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You forget we're the Crows. What was McAdam done for? Possibility to cause injury or whatever it was.
Well hopefully we have some balls this time and take the AFL to task.
If Keays gets suspended for a tackle that didn’t pin both arms, included no sling and didn’t cause concussion, well then there is no tackling allowed anymore.

Let’s be clear, with the injuries we have there is no way we will also drop ‘experienced’ players like Smith or Murphy. We should but won’t.
I also think Keays will be fine. No second action, no sling, not overly aggressive, arm free, no concussion. Can’t be suspended for that.
I also think we might play Himmelberg in defence. Hawks aren’t particularly tall in their F50 though.

So changes:
Out:
Murray
Butts
Dawson

In:
Walker
Curtin
Jones

Curtin will play the Dawson role. Moving through midfield and half back. Jones to defence. Himmelberg to defence.

Don’t see Curtin doing that, no way he has the tank to play AFL midfield. I think he’ll play, but Dawson’s midfield minutes will be shared around. I expect we’ll see Curtin used in a midfield role sparingly. If Jesus gets a week, he might get to play half high forward with a bit of wing. Smith makes it hard to play him behind the ball in the role he’s most suited to.

Himmelberg won't be dropped unless Strachan is considered as a forward/chop out ruck/bench and that's very unlikely.
Unless they think Thilthorpe is ready for some ruckwork

Himmelberg was simply awful last night

Unless they think Thilthorpe is ready for some ruckwork

Himmelberg was simply awful last night
I don’t agree with that.
Himmelberg didn’t take marks, but he competed really well and didn’t get out marked very often. I think he was serviceable

Mitch Cleary

@cleary_mitch
·
Follow
Jye Caldwell passed his concussion test after tackle from Ben Keays. The Bombers decided to sub Caldwell late because he was going to miss a large chunk of the final term because he was undergoing the concussion test. It will help Ben Keays’ case in the dangerous tackle

In: Borlase, Walker, Curtin, Ryan, Jones
Out: Murray, Butts, Dawson, Smith, Murphy

B: Michaelanny, Keane, Himmelberg
HB: Nankervis, Borlase, Hinge
C: Sholl, Soligo, Curtin
HF: Rachele, Fogarty, Taylor
F: Keays, Thilthorpe, Walker
R: O’Brien, Berry, Laird
I: Ryan, Bond, Dowling, Cook
Sub: Jones

Swing Berg back to play on one of Hawks tall forwards (probably Choi) with Tex coming back. Don't risk any of our injured players including Worrell.

Borlase as 3rd tall. Can look to sub off a tall for Jones later in the game.

Curtin must come in for Dawson. Give him some outside & inside midfield time.

Smith & Murphy should be outs as have been terrible nearly all year, but we know they will remain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curtin doing nothing to demand a recall today.
Has done more than enough over a 3 week patch as a midfielder to earn a recall with Dawson now out. Not sure why people care so much about disposal count, have you noticed that it tends to be the SANFL journeyman that rack up most of the disposals? Wigg is the number one disposal getter today and we all know how his AFL career turned out.

It's about the class Curtin provides with ball in hand, he opens up fast plays for us by taking attacking kicks through the middle. Far better in the contest now too and loves a tackle with his long levers.

Butts with a lisfrac but Murray is fine just hyperextension
The lisfranc is such a cruel blow, and it can be an absolute shit of an injury to recover from. We've seen Jones and Petty both struggle this season after doing them last season. Butts was in fine form too.

Curtin for Dawson, like for like change. I’ve seen enough again in the sanfl today to believe he’s ready for a stint at afl level in the midfield. Perfect opportunity to get him in.
Yep. Home game, finals off the menu so a great chance to get him back in there and give him a block of games to end the season with

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back