Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So are we going with 4 talls? Couldn't drop RT or Fog and surely Tex won't miss again?

Himmelberg going into defence?

Giving Tex one more wouldn’t be a bad idea. TT is protected from second rucking for one more game and Tex freshens up a bit further for a stronger assault on the remaining games to push his extension case. Seems like a win:win.

TT looked gassed at times, not sure he’s quite ready to take on around the ground rucking duties.
First full game back was always going to equal “gassed”, especially because of the injuries to talls meaning he couldn’t come to the bench as often as he needed to.

Much like a first up pony, RT will be better for the run, and get more bench time against the Hawks than he did last night if we can avoid more injury carnage. Shouldn’t have any issues with rucking as much as EH did last did (ie not much).

And remember, Walker will take the inside 50 ruck contests too.

May need to make up to 5 forced changes, considering the VicMedia machine have already convicted Keays and Bond.

Out: Murray, Butts, Dawson (all Inj), Keays, Bond (both Susp.) EH

In: Borlase, Worrell, Curtin, Jones, Tex, and raffle the last spot between Schoenberg/McHenry or even a Ryan debut.

Cook into the 22 and Jones sub from that for me.

May need to make up to 5 forced changes, considering the VicMedia machine have already convicted Keays and Bond.

Out: Murray, Butts, Dawson (all Inj), Keays, Bond (both Susp.) EH

In: Borlase, Worrell, Curtin, Jones, Tex, and raffle the last spot between Schoenberg/McHenry or even a Ryan debut.

Cook into the 22 and Jones sub from that for me.
Bond? What did I miss there?

Unfortunately with Dawson, Butts and Murray out (and potentially Keays suspended), I can't see Nix making any more changes. He's hesitant to make changes at the best of times, let alone to a team with potentially 4 forced changes.

Will be interesting to see if they rush Worrell back in or play Curtin in a KPD role.

First full game back was always going to equal “gassed”, especially because of the injuries to talls meaning he couldn’t come to the bench as often as he needed to.

Much like a first up pony, RT will be better for the run, and get more bench time against the Hawks than he did last night if we can avoid more injury carnage. Shouldn’t have any issues with rucking as much as EH did last did (ie not much).

And remember, Walker will take the inside 50 ruck contests too.

I’d give him one more before adding second ruck duties to his workload. If that’s Tex resting another week or going Murphyless with 4 tall forwards, I’m happy either way. Probably the latter if I had to choose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cameron was spared keays plays. Murray said it was precautionary so he should be available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s be clear, with the injuries we have there is no way we will also drop ‘experienced’ players like Smith or Murphy. We should but won’t.
I also think Keays will be fine. No second action, no sling, not overly aggressive, arm free, no concussion. Can’t be suspended for that.
I also think we might play Himmelberg in defence. Hawks aren’t particularly tall in their F50 though.

So changes:
Out:
Murray
Butts
Dawson

In:
Walker
Curtin
Jones

Curtin will play the Dawson role. Moving through midfield and half back. Jones to defence. Himmelberg to defence.

Let’s be clear, with the injuries we have there is no way we will also drop ‘experienced’ players like Smith or Murphy. We should but won’t.
I also think Keays will be fine. No second action, no sling, not overly aggressive, arm free, no concussion. Can’t be suspended for that.

You forget we're the Crows. What was McAdam done for? Possibility to cause injury or whatever it was.

Maybe a bit of wishful thinking here

Out:
Berg (omit)
Dawson (concussion)
Smith (sore?)
Murray (knee)
Butts (foot)

In:
Tex
Cook
Worrell
Borlase
Curtin (sub - let's face it, if he comes in Nicks will make him sub)

If Hamill is fit I'd drop Murphy and make Hamill the sub which would give us some flexibility if we had further backline injuries, but that won't happen. I think we all have to accept we will never drop Murphy.

Jeez it's a luxury having Borlase as a backup. He was actually very good last time we played Hawthorn.

I would also like to see Murphy dropped, but I don't see any viable replacements, so he stays in by default. Schoenberg and McFumbles are not viable replacements in my eyes.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't understand what single thing Murphy does that couldn't be done by Jones, and most of it at a higher standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back