Rnd 1 Matchday Thread - Richmond Vs Carlton MCG 7:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems pretty similar to last year. Carlton's inaccuracy keeping the score close, once they hit the scoreboard they show the gap is still quite wide.

Richmond have some good top end talent but their list falls off a cliff dramatically after that. Their defence has been ordinary. Rance has made some awful, awful errors.

Richmond's game plan:

1. Try to get ball.
2. Boot it as high as you can in a forward direction.
3. Hope for Riewoltd to mark it 4v1.
4. ???
5. See Carlton score an easy one on the way back.

Hope its not going to be to much of a trend but there has been a few easy goals when the ball goes over the top of the press/zone small forwards gets it goal.

North get a hell of a lot of these. Usually Edwards on the end of the chain for an easy goal. The downside of this is we get opened up the other way quite a bit too.

It's the nature of the forward press.

I really want Richmond to win.
Unfortunately it's looking like it could be blowout at the moment.
Richmond are missing opportunities and skill efficiency is down.

Hopefully they can have a second half comeback.

I agree with you
but
the law is incorrect disposal.

Apparently it is, I saw us drop it 10 times and Carlton probably 6 or 7 times. Only once was it called and that was probably the least obvious of the lot. Either call it or don't.... it's the one thing that pisses me off with our game is the inconsistency of umpiring, no other sport in the world comes close. It's not even a team a or team b is getting the calls... it's you're letting something go 20 times and then call it on the 21st. Same with the Nahas one, how many times do you see little holds on players and it goes uncalled? probably 100 times or more a game.

To the game. Looks like we traded in our pre season disposal skills for those of round 1 2010. Pretty putrid and luckily Carlton are struggling themselves somewhat or it could be pretty bad.... still could be. More frustrating for me is that it's the same shite our supporters were pissed off with for the last few years such as Jackson, Nahas(gets saved by brief patches of brilliance) and Tuck has been very ordinary. Our backline still struggling under pressure but his incredibly inexperienced, still think the guys we have out there tonight have shown enough they could be keepers. Just struggle with the ball under pressure.

FWIW I think Carlton will win. Just hate cocky posts like your previous ones when we're not on bay 13.

EDIT: and this one too, I guess.
You don't like the fact I have the balls to come out and have an opinion on that match that doesn't involve fence sitting? Would it be still cocky if I wasn't a Carlton supporter?

I left myself open to be quoted after the game should we lose, harden up princess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently it is, I saw us drop it 10 times and Carlton probably 6 or 7 times. Only once was it called and that was probably the least obvious of the lot. Either call it or don't.... it's the one thing that pisses me off with our game is the inconsistency of umpiring, no other sport in the world comes close. It's not even a team a or team b is getting the calls... it's you're letting something go 20 times and then call it on the 21st. Same with the Nahas one, how many times do you see little holds on players and it goes uncalled? probably 100 times or more a game.

Exactly. 2 years ago if you were being tackled and just let the ball go it was a free 10/10 times. Then a year and a half ago, the umpires just started saying 'it was knocked out in the tackle, play on' so players would just start letting it go when they got tackled and get away with it.

Now suddenly out of nowhere it's back again?

The lack of consistency is appalling.

To the game. Looks like we traded in our pre season disposal skills for those of round 1 2010. Pretty putrid and luckily Carlton are struggling themselves somewhat or it could be pretty bad.... still could be. More frustrating for me is that it's the same shite our supporters were pissed off with for the last few years such as Jackson, Nahas(gets saved by brief patches of brilliance) and Tuck has been very ordinary. Our backline still struggling under pressure but his incredibly inexperienced, still think the guys we have out there tonight have shown enough they could be keepers. Just struggle with the ball under pressure.
Totally agree mate - as an example, Kreuzer could have been pinged for a push in the back on Morris just as easily as Nahas was when Betts ran into an open goal.

The way the game is umpired these days drives me insane - the umpires seem to want to pay the most technical free kick possible at any opportunity rather than just letting the game flow and paying the really obvious ones.

This years bug bear seems to be calling play on any time a player who has marked the ball even looks away from his line.

should be more in front, dominated the 2nd term. Judd and Murph slowly working into it. Gibbs, Yarran Hendo playing well. Few bad errors by Tigers have also gifted goals.

Tigers were dominating the clearances, especially after a goal. Hopefully can stop this.

Dont think ive ever shouted at the TV so much, at the broadcaster. How many bad angles do they want to show during the play. So many times its a camera from the boundary that shows the player with the ball. Got no idea who is around him, where he is going and who he is kicking it to. Just use the normal angle from the side up high. Dont need to reinvent the wheel.....

Exactly. 2 years ago if you were being tackled and just let the ball go it was a free 10/10 times. Then a year and a half ago, the umpires just started saying 'it was knocked out in the tackle, play on' so players would just start letting it go when they got tackled and get away with it.

Now suddenly out of nowhere it's back again?

The lack of consistency is appalling.
And only back for that one free kick that was paid apparently! Players from both sides have been just tapping, throwing, the ball when they are tackled and the umpires just wave play on.

Dont think ive ever shouted at the TV so much, at the broadcaster. How many bad angles do they want to show during the play. So many times its a camera from the boundary that shows the player with the ball. Got no idea who is around him, where he is going and who he is kicking it to. Just use the normal angle from the side up high. Dont need to reinvent the wheel.....

Likewise! If I wanted a close up on the boundary with NFI what is going on further up the field I would go to the game and sit in the first three rows. :rolleyes:

Totally agree mate - as an example, Kreuzer could have been pinged for a push in the back on Morris just as easily as Nahas was when Betts ran into an open goal.

The way the game is umpired these days drives me insane - the umpires seem to want to pay the most technical free kick possible at any opportunity rather than just letting the game flow and paying the really obvious ones.

This years bug bear seems to be calling play on any time a player who has marked the ball even looks away from his line.

And hopefully its applied to everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rnd 1 Matchday Thread - Richmond Vs Carlton MCG 7:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back