Preview RND 15 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 30th June 5.20PM (EST) @ Optus Stadium - Final Team Post #517

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it just me or does the Squad selection video we put out each week just make you cringe?

Ed Curnow and Gibbons starting in the forward line as well. My head is about to explode.

Plenty of teams are doing this. It's to cause a little confusion and make it harder to predict the forward line match ups.

Anyone else find it odd that we lose a KPF and a mid and put 2 tall defenders, a ruckman and JSOS (who knows where he will play) on the extended bench?

Might have expected Kerr to get a look in there.
No not surprised symptom of having a severely unbalanced list that leaves us with very few genuine inform ground level players available for selection from the reserves .

Unheralded performance then if he was playing with a sprained ankle/foot that takes 2-4 weeks to heal yet played out the game.

He was actually quite important in that late surge we had, getting out a few key contested handballs.

I thought he was moving very poorly for a good part of the game tbh - Captain's knock as you'd expect. Chance for some of these fancy pants 'kids' to lift and show what they've got.

Yep Jones at FB and Cas at FF now.
With Cripps out that most likely means the efficiency we've shown when going inside 50 this year is now dead at least while Cripps is out .
Bringing Jones in and putting Cas forward is possibly the worst move possible if its a wet day .
Cripps out means we will need to increase our forward pressure by about 50% in hope of creating turnovers and scoring opportunities from those turnovers won't happen if Casboult along with Charlie Jack and Gov are also forward .
Hopefully our selectors show some real flexibility and go smaller if it is a wet day rather than the obvious move of Jones in and Cas forward

So if Cripps injured his foot during the dogs game did we 'hide' his injury in the mid-week injury report?

Neither Cripps or McKay were on it and it was released on 24 June.
Not releveant for this discussion, but from a person who plays fantasy, the AFL's injury reporting is either negligent or corrupt. Injury reporting in the NFL is SPOT ON and straightforward, every club in the AFL acts all shady in contrast

Hopefully with sone reporting it might rain, that might curb some of the hard surface issues.
I don’t like having Cripps out either, but it’s a great chance for the team to have a crack without him.
Need a big game from Murphy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe our new coach wants to see how our borderline players perform when the great man is not on the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back