Preview RND 15 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 30th June 5.20PM (EST) @ Optus Stadium - Final Team Post #517

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters suspended

What a boost that is. Walters has been in sparkling form and a clear match winner, playing mid/forward and kicking goals.

We're a big chance to win this now, coming off a bye.

Freo on the other hand had a bruising encounter with Melbourne where they had to play a large portion of the game 2 men down (Hogan & S Hill). Also reports of Wilson being a bit injured in the game though he played on.

No Walters, S Hill, Hogan, Taberner, Lobb and Pearce.

They will certainly appeal the suspension though so it's not a guarantee he is out

can't see a headbutt being thrown out

it is an action they cant allow

intentional;

high contact;

low impact; and

= 1 game

Reported by the field umpire, looked to be in good position to see the strike. He must have determined the headbutt was sufficient force to report it. Also, a bad look for junior leagues IMO.

The only way others have been able to overturn intentional, low impact high hits is by successfully arguing it was 'reckless' instead of intentional.

I'm not really sure how they define those, but this is surely classified as intentional as the ball wasn't even in play in the area.

Unless low impact can be downgraded even further to insufficient force?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will certainly appeal the suspension though so it's not a guarantee he is out
Honestly why would Freo risk losing Walters for their game against the Eagles just so he can play against us in Perth?

I think this is our least winnable game until the end of July and I really hate the timeslot, our last game late on a Sunday was a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back