AFL Toast RND 17: Win Against The Cold Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy La GIF

Caldwell hard as a cats head and how about that finish for his goal! What a man.

As usual Zach and Duz were in everything. Draper had a super game, love to see him go at that level consistently. Jones was very good in the middle part of the game, can see the confidence returning. Whatever Ben McKays contract works out per match, he earned every cent of it tonight.
If only we could cut down on those howler turnovers , wr could really start to believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mcgrath really good game on hill in milestone game.

Pros.
Jones on a wing is a thing.
Caddy was the spark that turned it.
Merret amazing, his repeat efforts and direction were as good as I've seen.
Durham, duursma (early) and caldwell were great.
Shiel - thought he was really good. Was clean and put body in the right spot.

Cons.
Perkins (help the kid by ketting him get confident in the 2s)
Laverde and Kelly irritate me. Just seem to lose contests when in better positions. However they did there job. More long term.

This line-up is on par with West Coast's on average age. We played above ourselves tonight.

Pies went bang bang bang early but it was mature from us to not drop our heads and wrestle the lead back and control it from there. Superb effort. Still need to capitalize on our entries and scoring opportunities. Could've made the match easier for us if we did.

What an amazing performance from Merrett. Brownlow material.

Draper was huge in the ruck, had some clutch smashes.

Caddy, GOOD HEAVENS I'M ARRIVING

The physicality definitely kicked up in the last quarter, we were putting in some bruising stuff all the way to the end. Inspiring.

Thought the game was umpired very fairly, a needed response from the AFL after last week's make-the-WWE-blush screwjob. The usual even-ups at the end of course, but what else is new.

Cellangwuud can get absolutely and totally beyond ****ing rekt. Soft as a baby's ass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back