AFL Toast RND 17: Win Against The Cold Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Really takes the game on - one of those guys who has the ball on the string like with that little toe poke, tap ons he does etc. You can tell when he talks he loves this club that gave him a chance.
Yep he's a keeper. Could be anything in two years.

On a side note we should be doing everything possible to make Cox a second ruck. His ability to do it then run with the play is awesome

I have to eat my own words - was furious at the 32-9 mark of the first quarter and thought it was another embarrassing Essington effort in the making - but the comeback and ability to take control from there is one of the best results in at least the last 4-6 years for mine. Pretty proud and definitely sets up an enjoyable weekend! Keep it up lads 🥳

Some talk of this as a statement game….im not buying it.

Last week would have been a statement game….and as certain as I was that we’d lose to Geelong, I knew we’d beat Pies. As soon as the media narrative changed to “they could drop out of the 8 now” and expectations lowered….i knew we’d perform better. We seem unable to handle high expectations.

Let’s see what happens. Games v Sydney and Brisbane, right at the pointy end, will give us a good feel for who we really are. I’m still uncertain.
Agree statement win is a bit over the top. Just good they got their shit together after a piss poor second half last week.

Jeez the umpires gave us a nice night, and they say there are no preconceived biases.... Asif it wasn't payback for last week
I'd say the umpires did their job and were competent, they actually saw Draper and Langford get clunked into in the forward line and the Jye 540 tackle. We're just after what's there, not that horrendous shit they served up to us in the 3rd quarter.
I have to eat my own words - was furious at the 32-9 mark of the first quarter and thought it was another embarrassing Essington effort in the making - but the comeback and ability to take control from there is one of the best results in at least the last 4-6 years for mine. Pretty proud and definitely sets up an enjoyable weekend! Keep it up lads 🥳
Luckily I was out at dinner till halfway through the 2nd, I switched on at the Pendles floater, so aside from the Ridley dagger before the break we were pretty great from then. Not sure my anger could have taken that "crispy magic" spell 😂

Can opposition supporters please stop with this "easy fixture" bullshit? Every team plays all the other teams once. Then have six double ups. Our double ups are Saints, Swans, Eagles, Pies, Crows and Gold Coast. Eagles the only "gimme" out of those.
100%. By their logic they should really be angered at Sydney's draw, yet to play a game against a team ahead of them on the ladder and it's round 17!

Wild that we could have been 2-7 by round 9 and our season dead and burried, yet here we are.

I don’t think it was a statement win in terms of who we were playing, but rather that we have taken control of another potential drop off. Plus beating the pies would have been a bit of a monkey off the back for the boys imo
I am hoping we beat the Swans at Marvel.

Now that WOULD be a statement win!!

I'd say the umpires did their job and were competent, they actually saw Draper and Langford get clunked into in the forward line and the Jye 540 tackle. We're just after what's there, not that horrendous shit they served up to us in the 3rd quarter.

Luckily I was out at dinner till halfway through the 2nd, I switched on at the Pendles floater, so aside from the Ridley dagger before the break we were pretty great from then. Not sure my anger could have taken that "crispy magic" spell 😂
Thankfully they called the Daicos insufficient intent in the last quarter too…was sure they were going to let him get away with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the kind of win that would have us finishing 3rd and not 4th, avoiding them in a final at the SCG 😂

I'd assume we probably have to win either the swans game or lions game to finish top 4. Otherwise it's 6th-8th

Winning on Friday night always makes me much more interested in watching the rest of the games on the weekend.
Exactly. Whereas a game like last week and you're like' , "Nah, I'm done with footy, when does the cricket season start?"

Some talk of this as a statement game….im not buying it.

Last week would have been a statement game….and as certain as I was that we’d lose to Geelong, I knew we’d beat Pies. As soon as the media narrative changed to “they could drop out of the 8 now” and expectations lowered….i knew we’d perform better. We seem unable to handle high expectations.

Let’s see what happens. Games v Sydney and Brisbane, right at the pointy end, will give us a good feel for who we really are. I’m still uncertain.
...and Fremantle. They'll be super keen to stamp their credentials in Victoria.

I think the win on Friday was more of an establishment in the belief of the process and system the guys are working towards. Coll have always found a way to beat us esp under their new system and coach and the draw was an indication that we would win next time and we did. I’m really proud of the way they worked together to take Coll and Nick Daicos out of it and get the 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back