AFL Autopsy RND 18: Loss Against The Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell me til you are blue in the face that Kelly's hatching of the ball dosent totally blunt our movement but I'll keep dying on that hill. What's worse is Ridley getting it 30 times and giving it to him
a real highlight* of the game was when Kelly was kicking the ball into a contested 50 and the man he kicked it to was a leading Sam Draper. He didn't really get it anywhere near Draper, obviously given the people involved.

*I wanted to kill myself

The last 5 min just made it worse ... why weren't they trying to put that speed on the ball the whole game? Why isn't Hind in the first 22? Why isn't Martin playing in the forward line, he can push back from high half forward. The weather tonight was not the night to manage Laverde, even though I want him replaced by a taller player.

Essendon SHOULD have won that game if they weren't playing like arrogant tossers for half the night.

Scott has to take some responsibility for this result. "The process" needed to be adapted to the conditions tonight. We won enough of the ball and had as many dangerous players out there.

Guilt edge opportunity was thrown into the bin. There needs to be a public flogging at the hangar this week.
^^in spades.

When we had the game on our term we didn't ram it home. Instead played forward of the ball and let them get easy goals out the back.

Martin must play forward. So many players down but so many bad decisions with ball in hand.

Back with the pack now. Brisbane will shoot past us tomorrow.

Should have had the intensity of a final with what was at stake, but hardly gave a yelp. The comeback in the last is just papering over cracks.

Speed in the forward line is still a big issue.

Tell me til you are blue in the face that Kelly's hatching of the ball dosent totally blunt our movement but I'll keep dying on that hill. What's worse is Ridley getting it 30 times and giving it to him
He locks down better than anyone we have but he is infuriating to watch with ball in hand.

Our forward line is just non existent. The confidence is eroding with performances like this. Feel like we were outcoached too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can a football club consistently be incapable of playing in the rain? I firmly believe we’re a bottom 4 side in the rain. The tables turned as soon as it started raining. We get enough supply inside 50 so that isn’t the issue.

We don’t hold the mark, we play slow, go sideways, then eventually spray a kick and concede an easy goal. Not to mention our forward 50 efficiency goes to shit. Really need a fast crumbing small forward.

Also, I think I’m done with Heppell and Kelly. Nic Martin forward please.

Well if anyone one else showed any initiative and ran to a spot to receive the footy he would not get the ball .
You can die on the hill as Kelly is not the only reason we can not play fast football.
When we do play fast football we simply give it back so it is dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t.

Well if anyone one else showed any initiative and ran to a spot to receive the footy he would not get the ball .
You can die on the hill as Kelly is not the only reason we can not play fast football.
When we do play fast football we simply give it back so it is dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t.

For a team of front runners, we struggle to get to a position to receive the ball

Kelly had plenty of mates who did what he did tonight

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How can a football club consistently be incapable of playing in the rain? I firmly believe we’re a bottom 4 side in the rain.
The really good teams often handle the ball pretty well in the wet. Guys like Stevie J, James Kelly, Bartel would play like it was a dry footy. Even when the rain stopped how many times would you see us go forward for the ball to bounce 20 metres of Stringer or Langfords chest straight to a Melbourne player. Then our players wouldn't take the first clear option then got subsequently strangled, just really dumb frustrating footy in the conditions. Early on when Jones wasn't paid that mark then they got the goal I thought it was going to be a damnit ball. Melbourne have better balanced players overall. We need to move a few on quick.

Too tall in the wet . Harry on the wing has worked but two tall wings in the wet ?

They played the conditions better.
Being wet gave us no advantage in the ruck with Gawn out. They were able to just make it a contest in the middle.

Ridley may have been good but he also cost us when he left his man and did not win the footy.

And like I keep saying. It is what it is . We are not the finished product. We have improved in some areas but there is a lot still to do.
It is actually funny reading all the melts .

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 18: Loss Against The Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back