Game Day Rnd 4 Dogs V Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh has been regarded as a premier stoppage coach through his time at west Coast? Where was that experience today
has stated on numerous occasions that its very important that he as the head coach doesn't pull the reigns off of his assistant coaches and take over.

I punched Campo's card last year, we'll see if he survives the off-season.

You choose

Coaching
V Roos in Tassie last year
V Richmond at home last year
Saying it was too hot in Brisbane last year
V Port in both 2013 Showdowns, namely the second one

Team Performance
V Melbourne at home last year
V Carlton at MCG last year
V West Coast at AAMI in 2013
V Sydney at AAMI in 2013

Good - Betts, Kelly, CEY, Sloane, When it was finally over
Bad - Danger's goal kicking, Loose tackles - especially in defense
Ugly - Kicking accuracy, Jenkins (WTF!!), Hartigan

Big test next week against Port. At least we won't be going in as favourites...

Coaching

Team Performance
V Sydney at AAMI in 2013

Can't agree with a lot of those but it's early days. IMO that was the worst we have performed since 2011 round 23 vs west coast.

We'll see what people are saying about Walsh at seasons end, don't get me wrong I have rated the work he has been doing but can't help but notice the changes he could of made to atleast lessen what happened today

Coaching

Team Performance
V Sydney at AAMI in 2013

Could go in both, were shockers all round, West Coast in 2014 is another one and Sydney 2014 are two more very relevant examples i can think of on top of that.

Just on Dangers goalkicking. Watched him when there were a few guys out having a kick an hour before the game. He missed nearly all of his shots to the right hand side.. got the yips badly

Oh i think CEY as a first year player can certainly hold his head high

Is Dangerfield worth all the claptrap on this board ......he stays he stays ....he goes we get two quality picks ....AP i don't care based on his output
Where are we getting two picks from and it's just not this board that rates Danger, how is that you've managed to turn a loss into vindication that you know more than the average supporter? Get your hand off it and stop being such a big headed tosser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the 'maturing' attitude that with bit of time we'll be a better side. But with the way the weekends gone, Hawks, Swans etc outplayed in 1st and coming home strong in second half...I expected we'd stand up more late. Guess we're not as far along as I thought..

Sanderson's flaws were mainly off field, highlighted by him having the highest win ratio in crows coach history.

This is a remarkably stupid post

Sando was a fraud as a coach who failed to install any structure or game plan whatsoever

The only thing Sando installed was.the saying "like Geelong"

If you don't believe me ask the players, does a good coach not do post game video reviews of you win? Maybe this is why we went WLWL for much of the season

It will take Walsh a full season to undo what Sando has left us with and in doing so there will be bumps along the journey

This is a remarkably stupid post

Sando was a fraud as a coach who failed to install any structure or game plan whatsoever

The only thing Sando installed was.the saying "like Geelong"

If you don't believe me ask the players, does a good coach not do post game video reviews of you win? Maybe this is why we went WLWL for much of the season

It will take Walsh a full season to undo what Sando has left us with and in doing so there will be bumps along the journey

If you read Sanderson's article explaining what inevitably led to his dismissal you would undertand the post (which I admit in hindsight was not my greatest)

I stand by saying from what we've seen sanderson is a better game day coach, Walsh had no answer for the Bulldogs press. it was evident last week, teams seem to nulify our "more kick less handball" game style. Without a plan B on an off day when kicking is woeful this could become a common occurrence unless we have something too turn too.

- refuses to tag opposition players even though they were tearing us apart
- dropping cameron despite a clear lack of pace in our forward line
- puts far too much emphasis on winning "ground ball" resulting in a drop in defensive running
- continues to use players like wright despite a huge drop in form
- made vital matchup errors sending Hartigan to stringer and despite having the opportunity doesn't change it
- has no plan B for when teams shutdown our No handball More kicks game

I can go on for a while

Cameron is a young player and after a 3 disposal game needed to find form and confidence in the sanfl

Has no plan B, how about we give him time to get plan A locked and loaded. This plan b stuff is rolled out at every coach after every loss.

Billy we are all great coaches in hindsight and yes todays performance was disappointing however I'm sure the majority would agree that over the first month our performances have been on large an improvement from last year, take last week we would have dropped that game in 2014

If you read Sanderson's article explaining what inevitably led to his dismissal you would undertand the post (which I admit in hindsight was not my greatest)

I stand by saying from what we've seen sanderson is a better game day coach, Walsh had no answer for the Bulldogs press. it was evident last week, teams seem to nulify our "more kick less handball" game style. Without a plan B on an off day when kicking is woeful this could become a common occurrence unless we have something too turn too.

Most on hear would say that Sando was a terrible match day coach and we could pick a thousand examples where Sando dropped the match day ball

Where was Sando's plan b when we lost 6 home games last year, not to mention the WCE game when we were up by 5 goals and got over ran

- refuses to tag opposition players even though they were tearing us apart
- dropping cameron despite a clear lack of pace in our forward line
- puts far too much emphasis on winning "ground ball" resulting in a drop in defensive running
- continues to use players like wright despite a huge drop in form
- made vital matchup errors sending Hartigan to stringer and despite having the opportunity doesn't change it
- has no plan B for when teams shutdown our No handball More kicks game

I can go on for a while

How did Sando go with the Ziebel match up last year

Sando was rubbish in many areas.

Walsh has coached 3 wins and 1 loss.

Most on hear would say that Sando was a terrible match day coach and we could pick a thousand examples where Sando dropped the match day ball

Where was Sando's plan b when we lost 6 home games last year, not to mention the WCE game when we were up by 5 goals and got over ran

What exactly are you trying too say?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Rnd 4 Dogs V Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back