Status
Not open for further replies.

biceps female muscle GIF

Hope this ain't your wife then lol

Attachments

• 20220713_062610.jpg
    20220713_062610.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 26
Every single time two opposition players make ANY contact you can come up with some interpretation that its a free kick depending on the view of the umpire, sometimes you can interpret two opposing free kicks based on the umpires view. Umpires have to much influence.
Agree 100%. They need to take the grey out of the rules and replace it with black and white. For example. If you tackle a player and bring them to the ground . . . holding the ball (not this BS where you are still allowed to throw it at your boot after you have been lying on the turf for 3 seconds and some umpires will call play on while others will call holding the ball before you have even hit the turf . .under the current "grey" rules and both are correct calls and both are incorrect calls. So, how about this for a concept . . .MAKE IT CLEAR IN THE RULES . . for example (and this is just an example of clear rules, there would have to be agreement on the actual details) 360 degree spin without disposal = holding the ball; tacked to the ground without disposing = holding the ball; if you have taken two steps and fail to dispose of it properly (regardless of whether it is knocked out in a subsequent tackle = holding the ball.

Years ago in Rugby Union it was against the rules to lift players in a line out . . .but teams just always did it and every now and then the ref would penalise. But they were inconsistent with it (sound familiar). So eventually the governing body went, stuff it and just changed the rules to allow it. That sorted that out. We could consider a similar approach for some of our current grey rules. Landing in the back in a tackle or hands in the back in the marking contesty. Everyone does it . . .if they umps cannot police it consistently and just pull it our of their a*se when they feel like screwing a team over . . . stuff it, be done with it and just allow it in the rules. Forwards would have to learn how to play things differently to combat the push from behind, but at least there would be no more flopping for frees.

I can understand Rioli's frustration but it's a discipline thing. When in the history of the game has an umpire reversed his call 2 Plays after the incident after copping an earful from a player?
I was playing in a country league when I thought I was going to witness an umpire change his decision.
My opponent was deaf (obvious when you heard him calling his teammate when on a lead). He ignored the whistle and played on, going for a 10m run and a 50m boot. Umpire awards 50m penalty to us. I supported the opposition players explaining to the umpire that the guy is deaf so cannot hear the whistle.

The umpire sticks to his original 50m decision.....

AFL would have ticked off this off as the correct decision as well I suppose....

I haven’t seen the replay but Riolis disssent 50m penalty seem to come after a brilliant unrewarded run down tackle. What happened here?
At the time I was also pissed and could understand his frustration. It’s like the ump gives the 50 (when the my are now being really tolerant) because he was caught out for making the wrong call.

Could be completely wrong on this!

Spot on I rekon . The howlers are the ones they give the 50s on . Happened our way with a dodgy call on holding the man against Short and we got a fifty. If they are happy with their decision they will be calm and explain it usually as if they above the situation and professional.
Human nature kicks in if you’re stuffed up.

Finally just gotten over the loss this morning.

And ladies and gentle man I think we’re still going to win the flag. LFG!!!!!!! All we have to do is beat port away really … the rest should take care of itself. Have some faith, going to peak at the right time. I’d take balta over CCj in the ruck any day of the week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was playing in a country league when I thought I was going to witness an umpire change his decision.
My opponent was deaf (obvious when you heard him calling his teammate when on a lead). He ignored the whistle and played on, going for a 10m run and a 50m boot. Umpire awards 50m penalty to us. I supported the opposition players explaining to the umpire that the guy is deaf so cannot hear the whistle.

The umpire sticks to his original 50m decision.....

AFL would have ticked off this off as the correct decision as well I suppose....

Had a similar pathetic umpire a few years ago in a local league. One of our opponents only had one arm and had been playing in the league over a decade and it was just a given he could throw it given it was actually impossible for him to handball. Anyway, umpire pings him for incorrect disposal, both teams ask for common sense and the muppet instead of correcting his mistake gives two 50m penalties for abuse, the funniest thing being the second 50m was actually one of our guys calling him an idiot.

Had a similar pathetic umpire a few years ago in a local league. One of our opponents only had one arm and had been playing in the league over a decade and it was just a given he could throw it given it was actually impossible for him to handball. Anyway, umpire pings him for incorrect disposal, both teams ask for common sense and the muppet instead of correcting his mistake gives two 50m penalties for abuse, the funniest thing being the second 50m was actually one of our guys calling him an idiot.
Did you wear Richmond jumpers or walk into the rooms with Tiger gear on?

Haha lol. Seriously how can an official live with themselves for that.

Thinking laterally the 50 against your team should negate the 50 against theirs. So net 0.

Not unlike the bloke who was born with no body. Just a head. Went out with mates to the pub. They were playing darts. So as not to exclude him they put a dart in his mouth then threw the dartboard at him.

Thinking laterally the 50 against your team should negate the 50 against theirs. So net 0.

No we received 100m which is the funny thing. He just assumed it was the opposition giving him lip when it was us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back