Autopsy Roast and toast vs Hawthorn and changes for Essendon

Best vs Hawks

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came here to celebrate, but will leave scratching my head at some of the posting in this thread. Hawks were always going to respond after being humiliated by Essendon last week. We smashed them pressure wise and front half goals from turnovers was back. We’re going for 4 wins in a row next week. Not every win will be a 100 point smashing and champagne footy.

How about the dangerous tackle decision against Jack. Bolton assumes it is dropping the ball & takes the advantage to kick a goal. But NO….even though Jack has pulled the player down on top of himself still somehow deemed dangerous. Appalling decision. Getting harder to watch every week.

umps need to call the team name or free reason immediately. they keep just blowing the whistle without saying a thing, player plays on advantage assuming the correct free is called, then afterwards ump says nah i was giving the other team a free and now they get a 50 as well

total joke

The Lynch push in the back where he took the mark? Umps have been allowing that all year as long as player marks or has a realistic attempt at a mark. Hawks took it the length of the field and scored - 12 point play. The free against Jack in which Shai then gave away 50? No issue with the 50 but that wasn’t a poor tackle. The Balta too low free? The Hawks player jumped up which compounded it and made it look low otherwise it was going to be shoulder on shoulder contact. And the Lynch free for dissent when the ball was out of bounds saying he was being held. I didn’t even know Umps paid frees for dissent thought it was only 50’s.
Shocking day at the office, cost us at least another 5-6 goal margin due to momentum shifts.

I’m sure there’s plenty more that’s just off the top of my head
The non holding the ball twice in the centre, Balta legs been taken out with a slide, which were penalised for later, the list goes on and on

How about the dangerous tackle decision against Jack. Bolton assumes it is dropping the ball & takes the advantage to kick a goal. But NO….even though Jack has pulled the player down on top of himself still somehow deemed dangerous. Appalling decision. Getting harder to watch every week.
You cannot execute a good hard tackle anymore. If you try to arrest their momentum and turn them to the side in a tackle it's deemed dangerous. Basically all you can do is bear hug players until the whistle blows.

umps need to call the team name or free reason immediately. they keep just blowing the whistle without saying a thing, player plays on advantage assuming the correct free is called, then afterwards ump says nah i was giving the other team a free and now they get a 50 as well

total joke
If you blow the whistle and neither team has any idea who's free it is you shouldn't have blown the whistle.

George is now in the conversation as the worst Richmond player I have ever seen. Insipid performance after insipid performance. If I was putting up 0 out of 10 games every week for the club I loved I would hand the jumper back in and give it to someone worthy. He has no shame and clearly he doesn’t give a sh*t about the club.
vincent price burn GIF by octavioterol

Lol handful of Saints fans at the royal watching the game on the tv. They would rather go to the birthplace of the Tigers than attend their own home game
Nothing club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol handful of Saints fans at the royal watching the game on the tv. They would rather go to the birthplace of the Tigers than attend their own home game
CA27A312-5213-493F-B8B4-B6745FC07D7B.gif

Nice to get a win again. Dion Prestia & Toby drove the win with 16 clearances between them & as i have said before, our fate will almost entirely be driven on how well we can compete in that area. In games like today where the opponent field an entire Ruck, Followers, midfield & wings of kids - we should always win easily. This week was another example as well that no team has relied on its 1 superstar more than we have with Dusty. The guy was a gift from god.

The goals we leaked to nearly lose it at the end were a definite downer to the game & overall, much like last week - it was a game we should definitely be winning without any trouble - the Hawks had ELEVEN players 23 or under to our 3, including their entire midfield fleet. That along with them losing Gunston early in the game - we really should have won by far, far more.

Each week we see the dual forward role of Jack & Tom is our best option, they are in fine form together. Our fate is still completely dependant of older or injury prone players like Prestia, Dusty, Lambert, Cotchin & Jack. Our results are improving but unsure if our future is. Baker down back is a beast, 12 contested possessions, 20 pressure acts - 10 in the defensive half with over 300 MG's + 7 tackles- the guys is a legit 2 way machine. So much better down back than up forward, this also allowed Dan to spend more time up the field as noted by his 3 scoring shots + 8 score involvements, the 3rd highest on our team.

The backline is still insanely leaky and unreliable. Its a massive concern to me that even with us smashing the clearance and midfield battle. How we can let a bunch of kids get a score every >2 times in their forward 50 while getting a whopping 55% efficiency should have alarm bells sounding off, a good team will beat us by 100 at some point i feel. It completely debunks all the horseshit that this was happening purely due to our midfield lacking work rate pushing back - the problem is CLEARLY a breakdown in our backline system. It is not working & once we play a better, more experienced team it will show.

Best quite easily for me - Prestia, Baker, Dusty, Bolton, Lynch, Toby

Still not seeing any reason to think we are better than 7th-12th - we. are only beating teams that are loaded up with kids, or completely our of confidence. Based on that, i expect us to take care of the Bombers who definitely have a "lil of Column A, a lil of Column B" in that area.

With Balta likely out i would be probably brining in Tarrant & Gibcus. Tarrant is slow and not ideal, but will be needed against Peter Wright. Without Balta we run the risk of him kicking a bag. A part of me whats to roll the dice and allow Biggy a crack at him instead, give the kids a boast in his development

They will play better , we were Jekkyl and Hyde again today and still won

we win by 70 odd without the umps

thing is they will probably try help the druggies even more than they tried to help the hawks today

They will play better , we were Jekkyl and Hyde again today and still won
so why will they play better against us we are everyones grand final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back