Autopsy Roast and toast vs North Melbourne round 18 and changes for Fremantle

Best vs Roos

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t blame aarts ,, ffs jack kicked 6p Balta missed from sq , Nank and baker from 10m out ,,,,all absolute Sodas
Get that but the only thing with that reasoning/logic is that all those guys are genuine A , B grade AFL players who are top 10 players at our club. They farked up but contribute every week.

Aarts just should never have been playing. That’s on the coach, you can’t pot Aarts for effort (maybe for brain fade), simply not AFL standard

We're clearly not good enough. I'm not saying we are. I'm more saying there isn't a whole lot of change required to be good enough. This is more thinking of next year.

Like we have 4 losses under a goal. And another 2 losses were we are 5+ goals up in the 4th quarter and choked. We're sitting 9-8. It really would take not a whole lot for that to actually be 15-2

So while this year looks cooked, next year is still promising. I'm not doom and glooming. We have had such inconsistency over the last 2 years with our lineups, we're constantly losing players which is hard when our gameplay relies on strong bonds and players fulling locked in with each other to break those games open and be where their teammate needs them to be.

Like its easy to blame individual players, but if we can't play off pure instinct that's we we look sloppy and second guessing ourselves.
Peeps can talk all day of conspiracy , I prefer to keep it real ,,,we’ve simply lost the sting in our tail . I used to call pres shedda and lambo the winged keel of our midfield headed by dusty and Cotch . The fact that we’ve maintained a decent supply line i50 is almost surprising with the current version However at clutch moments time and again our vulnerability gets exposed , sonz is a good start , we need 2 more QTY mids <25 to avoid dropping way off

we would get destroyed first final

our players are also showing signs of being completely cooked with the new rules and that started months ago
We destroyed the team on top of the ladder without Prestia and three of our best players ...they went for broke and fluked a win by 3 points....three weeks ago!!!
Umpire in Sydney cost us two points, and if we beat Geelong we would have won the last two and been where on the ladder? 1st.

Dimma was the first one to take the blame.
Let us move on.

Imagine a fully fit Lambert,Dusty,Lynch,Cotch.

We'd be dominating right now.

Jack was surrounded by defenders,needed Lynchy to offer a chopout.
Unfortunately most of those defenders were wearing Richmond jumpers. A forward line with Gibcus, Balta and Baker won't go very far. If you can't find a place for Gibcus (and putting him in the ruck as a 1st year, skinny CHB, WTF was that about???) then play him in the 2nds as a CHB or try him at CHF there, not in the 1sts. Drop all the small pressure forwards so we have to put Baker up there and lose him from the positions that he's been great at this year, plus North ran it easily out of their backline.

Dimma should take the blame. The game was lost at the selection table. If you want to experiment with positions then do it in the 2s.

Yes Jack missed 6, but he got 8 shots on goal. He crashed every pack. He directly set up a few perfect oppurtunities to score (that his teammates then *ed up)

Without Lynch he was our only legit target and constantly double and triple team and competed so superbly. Really had quite an amazing game if you disregard the accuracy. So its a bit hard to blame him too much.

Aarts had 0 positive impact.He didn't have much of an opportunist to, but he *ed up when he did. But also he didn't pick himself to by sub.

Its absolutely insane we keep picking a pretty slow, limited player who can only really play one position as our sub. Like don't you want your sub to either by pretty versatile where they can play and/or a real burst of energy? I don't understand how you would want Aarts over Maurice Rioli Jr as sub. Maurice would be running his guts out chasing down tired players. He's the perfect sub if you want a small forward for it.
Personally I’d use Parker as a sub has a bit of versatility about him and is the type that will bob up with a goal or something impactful i50 and has pace

We destroyed the team on top of the ladder without Prestia and three of our best players ...they went for broke and fluked a win by 3 points....three weeks ago!!!
Umpire in Sydney cost us two points, and if we beat Geelong we would have won the last two and been where on the ladder? 1st.
What that demonstrates is the brand of footy we re playing has us in every game , it’s the chess pieces that are fking up time and again

Get that but the only thing with that reasoning/logic is that all those guys are genuine A , B grade AFL players who are top 10 players at our club. They farked up but contribute every week.

Aarts just should never have been playing. That’s on the coach, you can’t pot Aarts for effort (maybe for brain fade), simply not AFL standard
Didn’t mind Aarts selection as sub, could of gone Parker but it’s not like he was selected on field either

I touched on it a few times but I prefer to see Aarts as sub over a Dow or RCD type
At least when they play vfl they get the chance to develop in the roles they were drafted as and with genuine responsibility to help them become leaders as well

If they get selected as sub they potentially get injected late into a game out of position (if at all) and is ultimately another missed vfl game when they have already missed a lot due to covid

Ultimately just hurts their development when those young fringe guys just need game time either afl or vfl is better than sub

sliding doors moment

Didn’t see the twos but judging by the stats and feedback Parker deserves a game, surely would give more than Edwards and McIntosh at the moment? At the very least much better sub option than George and Aarts.

At least he has a crack surely we find a place for him.
Haven’t watched it yet but Parker has been very consistent in the last month. Plenty will argue his disposal is shizen, but it’s not Castagna bad and he’s a far superior athlete to Aarts and more versatile.

The other 2 are Brown and Banks, they are all class, just not sure how many kids we’d throw in deep into the season

Didn’t mind Aarts selection as sub, could of gone Parker but it’s not like he was selected on field either

I touched on it a few times but I prefer to see Aarts as sub over a Dow or RCD type
At least when they play vfl they get the chance to develop in the roles they were drafted as and with genuine responsibility to help them become leaders as well

If they get selected as sub they potentially get injected late into a game out of position (if at all) and is ultimately another missed vfl game when they have already missed a lot due to covid

Ultimately just hurts their development when those young fringe guys just need game time either afl or vfl is better than sub
I just can’t have Aarts even as sub. He doesn’t have the game to hurt opposition teams even when coming on late when everyone else is stuffed.
His leg speed will never hurt opposition
He’s not a ball magnet,
Not particularly versatile,
Kicking lacks penetration.

I’d have gone with Parker or Stack if he was available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can’t have Aarts even as sub. He doesn’t have the game to hurt opposition teams even when coming on late when everyone else is stuffed.
His leg speed will never hurt opposition
He’s not a ball magnet,
Not particularly versatile,
Kicking lacks penetration.

I’d have gone with Parker or Stack if he was available
Agree with that.
Even hold one of the other guys back to be sub Edwards, Kmac types
Can play a role but won’t make or break the side if not in the best 22 but also won’t deprive kids of game time

The VFL game was horrible windy shitty conditions.
Parker was close to best on - was moved to the backline and really helped out there.
Biggy was the number 1 ruck, and while he competes OK in the centre square I don't think he gets to the right spots around the ground like Samson has been doing.
Banks was another who played possibly his best match so far. Has that wiry sort of frame that makes me think of Shane Tuck.
Not Dow's best game, but RCD had an above average performance.

If we are going to gift Shedda more games then it has to be as the sub. He just doesn't have the pace to compete any more and doesn't get to the spots where the ball is. Another very ordinary game with no impact at all. I would much prefer to see Parker in the team as he gives energy and strength in the contest plus pace. Plus he's about 6 years younger.

Dimma is so far very loyal to those that got us premierships. Hopefully he soon realises that this is to the detriment of the on-field product.

The VFL game was horrible windy shitty conditions.
Parker was close to best on - was moved to the backline and really helped out there.
Biggy was the number 1 ruck, and while he competes OK in the centre square I don't think he gets to the right spots around the ground like Samson has been doing.
Banks was another who played possibly his best match so far. Has that wiry sort of frame that makes me think of Shane Tuck.
Not Dow's best game, but RCD had an above average performance.
Brown?

Haven’t watched it yet but Parker has been very consistent in the last month. Plenty will argue his disposal is shizen, but it’s not Castagna bad and he’s a far superior athlete to Aarts and more versatile.

The other 2 are Brown and Banks, they are all class, just not sure how many kids we’d throw in deep into the season
Brown first and depending on how season unfolds then Banksy . Reckon brown comes in for gibbo who’s recent senior performances have been a bit of a worry , for mine would benefit a decent spell at vfl get back to doing what he does , go for his marks and attack the game ,

If we are going to gift Shedda more games then it has to be as the sub. He just doesn't have the pace to compete any more and doesn't get to the spots where the ball is. Another very ordinary game with no impact at all. I would much prefer to see Parker in the team as he gives energy and strength in the contest plus pace. Plus he's about 6 years younger.

Dimma is so far very loyal to those that got us premierships. Hopefully he soon realises that this is to the detriment of the on-field product.
They’ll all retire end of year , shedda will be got to 300

We will lose to freo after the siren when David Mundy kicks the winning goal, but beat the Bears the following week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back