Autopsy Roast and toast vs North Melbourne round 18 and changes for Fremantle

Best vs Roos

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
shoulda just kicked the goal after he got the ball back

People say that we are a player short with him playing but if he is not prepared to line up for goal from 30 dead in front then why even present for the football in the forward 50 as it prevents us from hitting up a player who can.

That he is out there means that Cumberland naturally chooses him when he in reality needed to look for another option.

Im angry that we all knew that he and George would cost us games and they have. Collingwood have performed at the same level as us over the last two weeks and yet they get 8 points and we get none. Essendon are a good chance of rolling them this week.

I think we need to go back to playing blokes in their best position. Fill the gaps with whoever is left.

Dimma commented earlier in the year about how we looked so much better with Balta and Baker in the backline, and yet here we are a month or two later and they're up forward again.

In: Stack Ross Soldo
Out: Aarts Ralphsmith Gibcus

B: Grimes Balta Tarrant
HB: Baker Vlastuin Rioli
C: McIntosh Cotchin Pickett
HF: Graham Bolton Short
F: Cumberland Riewoldt Miller
R: Nankervis Prestia Ross
IC: Soldo Broad Stack Sonsie
SUB: Edwards

You could probably replace Stack with MRJ or Parker or even go with a smaller lineup with Parker playing Miller's role.

The only players not in their best position in that side are Miller and Stack, and that's because the backline is full of better players and the forward line needs a couple of holes plugged with no Dusty and Lynch.

Even with our form were most likely going to fall into 8th. And considering how Carlton and Collingwood are going either one of them will likely finish 5th. Meaning.....

Collingwood vs Richmond Elemination final
Last time they met in a final......
Richmond 8.10, 58 Lost to Collingwood 15.7, 97

or

Carlton Vs Richmond Elemination Final

Richmond 14.12, 96 Lost to Carlton 18.8, 116

Not sure id even like to make finals just to loose to one of these clubs.

Push in the back off the ball by Ziebell on Marlion for their final goal was blatant. He would have made the tackle too. Same old... but shouldn't have got to that situation anyway. We go on...
umpies wouldve got a free there

After a bit of thinking and hearing the injury news I hope we line up like this

Grimes, Tarrant, Vlastin
Rioli, Balta, Short
Pickett, Cotchin, Ralphsmith
Maurice, Jack, Bolton
Cumberland Soldo, Stack
Nank, Prestia, Baker
Graham, Broad, Parker, Sonsie
Sub - Edwards
In - Rioli, Stack, Parker, Soldo
Out - Edwards, Aarts, McIntosh, Miller

Bit stiff on Miller but I just can't see how we can play all those guy's down back and Balta makes us look better in the back half. Perhaps Miller could play FF / back up Ruck instead of Soldo?

We need way more run from the back half so Short goes back for mine, Baker plays mid.
Parker adds grunt for a mid stint and up forward.
Stack brings toughness
Maruice - pressure

Kmac hasn't done enough in the last couple of weeks, seems stiff but Ralphsmith been playing well.

Even with our form were most likely going to fall into 8th. And considering how Carlton and Collingwood are going either one of them will likely finish 5th. Meaning.....

or

blooze wont make it and colonwood wont have umpies in finals if they put the whistle away again like they always do

I think we need to go back to playing blokes in their best position. Fill the gaps with whoever is left.

Dimma commented earlier in the year about how we looked so much better with Balta and Baker in the backline, and yet here we are a month or two later and they're up forward again.

In: Stack Ross Soldo
Out: Aarts Ralphsmith Gibcus

B: Grimes Balta Tarrant
HB: Baker Vlastuin Rioli
C: McIntosh Cotchin Pickett
HF: Graham Bolton Short
F: Cumberland Riewoldt Miller
R: Nankervis Prestia Ross
IC: Soldo Broad Stack Sonsie
SUB: Edwards

You could probably replace Stack with MRJ or Parker or even go with a smaller lineup with Parker playing Miller's role.

The only players not in their best position in that side are Miller and Stack, and that's because the backline is full of better players and the forward line needs a couple of holes plugged with no Dusty and Lynch.
Looks good to me.
HRS stiff.

or

Totally different players/teams it's beyond irrelevant.

About relevant as Richmond premierships in the last 5 years = 3
Collingwood and Carlton combined = 0

or

So our options are loose to pies or the scum or get ninth 😂

After a bit of thinking and hearing the injury news I hope we line up like this

Grimes, Tarrant, Vlastin
Rioli, Balta, Short
Pickett, Cotchin, Ralphsmith
Maurice, Jack, Bolton
Cumberland Soldo, Stack
Nank, Prestia, Baker
Graham, Broad, Parker, Sonsie
Sub - Edwards
In - Rioli, Stack, Parker, Soldo
Out - Edwards, Aarts, McIntosh, Miller

Bit stiff on Miller but I just can't see how we can play all those guy's down back and Balta makes us look better in the back half. Perhaps Miller could play FF / back up Ruck instead of Soldo?

We need way more run from the back half so Short goes back for mine, Baker plays mid.
Parker adds grunt for a mid stint and up forward.
Stack brings toughness
Maruice - pressure

Kmac hasn't done enough in the last couple of weeks, seems stiff but Ralphsmith been playing well.
I hope Miller stays in the side, unfortunately for him 2 bad turnovers in the last 5 minutes tainted what was a pretty solid performance down back.
I might be off the mark with this assumption but I think he’s the type of guy that lacks confidence, maybe doesn’t believe he belongs at the highest level yet. And because of that we haven’t seen his best. If he can stay in the side feel he belongs and gain the confidence that comes with playing alongside Grimes,Vlaustin etc I reckon he’ll improve out of sight and those errors we saw will disappear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or

We have won 3 flags in the last 5 years, they know what to do in the finals. 2018 is the anomaly. We make finals, we fear NO ONE!!!

Stack really hasn’t been setting the world on fire in the VFL not sure he gets rushed in after an injury

He actually has been one of our better players. In saying that he hasn't played for 3 weeks so if they slotted him back into the ressies, fair enough.
If form warrants in the coming weeks, he'll put his hand up for a senior call-up.

or

This is spot on. Maybe just maybe we win and it would be something special!

There is no fear, just not good enough these days. The other teams are younger, fitter & most of all hungrier for success.

Well Geelong are the oldest and they are on top of the ladder, so that doesn't ring entirely true. I guess they are still hungry for sucess!
For us, we need all our players playing to match it with the top teams. Evident against the cats, had Prestia not gone off we win. Against the swans, our own fault led by 6 goals and gave away 5 goals by stupidity and lose by a goal. Blues we beat recently.

I still think if we are fully healthy come finals (hypothetically speaking we make it), we can definitely do damage.

We have won 3 flags in the last 5 years, they know what to do in the finals. 2018 is the anomaly. We make finals, we fear NO ONE!!!
we fear norf

Well Geelong are the oldest and they are on top of the ladder, so that doesn't ring entirely true. I guess they are still hungry for sucess!
For us, we need all our players playing to match it with the top teams. Evident against the cats, had Prestia not gone off we win. Against the swans, our own fault led by 6 goals and gave away 5 goals by stupidity and lose by a goal. Blues we beat recently.

I still think if we are fully healthy come finals (hypothetically speaking we make it), we can definitely do damage.

We play to our potential, i have no doubt we win. However, i am not sure there is enough drive in the players

The only damage we're doing this season is to ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back