Autopsy Roast & Toast and Changes for North

Best 5 v Pies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh but what if had to finish last for the 3000 years after that. That’s our reality. I can’t see us ever getting off the bottom.
Then you haven't watched football ever. It's never as good or as bad as it seems. Put your big boy pants on, get a cup of concrete and harden up. FFS it's round 20 and we have bugger all incentive to win. The team has stuff all cohesiveness because half of them have played less than 50 games and we've used 41 players this year... a club record equalling 1989 - a year when we also won the spoon. Oh but back then, the club was broke and didn't look like existing in 3 years, let alone winning flags in the next few decades.

Blight should be playing every game he looks good

With serious doubts about Gibcus getting back after his knee

And Tylar Young being poo

We need to find a tall to play back with Balta
And Blight looks like the next best option on our list

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For someone that complains about whinging, you're not too bad at it yourself.

Because it's a forum...people express opinions....including ones that insist on telling us that the trades were sound and we are somehow better off having made them? No doubt when Hopper finally plays a decent game, they'll be out in force telling everyone 'I told you so'. Anyhow we are on the bottom of the ladder, with arguably the worst midfield in the league, after having give away two years worth of draft picks. You don't think that is not going to be an ongoing topic of discussion, especially considering Hoppers fat 7 year contract etc? Like yeah that's going to happen?

Also I do find your randomly picking out names of other players of other clubs with the quizzical question 'how are they going now' very amusing, albeit a sad means of deflection. Who knows who we would have selected and how they would have gone at Richmond if we had? I don't? I am pretty confident you don't either. One thing I'm pretty sure of however is if we had traded in a ready made player instead of drafting Brown, one that is seriously struggling to justify what we gave up for him and what we paying him, you'd be playing the same game. Picking another draftee, one from the same range, one that hasn't set the world on fire and then asking the question, 'well how is he going?'.

Anyhow get used to it, chances are we are going to be on the bottom rung of the ladder for a long time. And even if trading in Taranto and especially Hopper didn't get us there, chances are because of what we gave up to get them they are going to make our climb back up to contention that much harder. It going to be discussed and a lot, if only because people don't want to make the same mistakes again.

I don’t mind discussion, but it’s never remotely accurate. I hear “we gave away 2-years of draft picks for TT and Hopper” … and everyone assumes we’d have nailed the draft picks we gave away - maybe we’d have nailed all 4 of them. Maybe 2 of 4. Maybe none. Bombers had 8,9,10 one draft and chose Cox, Perkins and Reid. Saints had 7,8 one draft and chose Clark and Coffield. We had 1,4,12,16 and 20 one draft and chose Deledio, Tambling, Meyer, Pattison and Polo.

In the drafts where we gave up picks for TT and Hopper we got Kaleb Smith, Steely Green and Kane McCauliffe (and Fawcett who has been injured). We got Smith and Green with picks from Hopper trade, so we don’t have them without that trade…. Very early days but I’m optimistic. So those 2 x draft periods may still prove to be fruitful in addition to getting TT and Hopper.

Then TT…. he won our B&F in his first year. 19 x Brownlow votes. 16th in the coaches votes. He was excellent and he’s an outstanding role model. Bad luck Injuries have hit him this year, but he’s still only 26yo so not sure why the panic over having a high quality midfielder on our list.

Anyway … with Prestia likely injured/retired, Baker gone and Martin not there, a R1 midfield in 2025 of Ross, Bolton, Graham, Sonsie, Dow and McCauliffe is a bit vomit worthy.

I don’t mind discussion, but it’s never remotely accurate. I hear “we gave away 2-years of draft picks for TT and Hopper” … and everyone assumes we’d have nailed the draft picks we gave away - maybe we’d have nailed all 4 of them. Maybe 2 of 4. Maybe none. Bombers had 8,9,10 one draft and chose Cox, Perkins and Reid. Saints had 7,8 one draft and chose Clark and Coffield. We had 1,4,12,16 and 20 one draft and chose Deledio, Tambling, Meyer, Pattison and Polo.

In the drafts where we gave up picks for TT and Hopper we got Kaleb Smith, Steely Green and Kane McCauliffe (and Fawcett who has been injured). We got Smith and Green with picks from Hopper trade, so we don’t have them without that trade…. Very early days but I’m optimistic. So those 2 x draft periods may still prove to be fruitful in addition to getting TT and Hopper.

Then TT…. he won our B&F in his first year. 19 x Brownlow votes. 16th in the coaches votes. He was excellent and he’s an outstanding role model. Bad luck Injuries have hit him this year, but he’s still only 26yo so not sure why the panic over having a high quality midfielder on our list.

Anyway … with Prestia likely injured/retired, Baker gone and Martin not there, a R1 midfield in 2025 of Ross, Bolton, Graham, Sonsie, Dow and McCauliffe is a bit vomit worthy.
Yep, TT and Hopper are saving us from the absolute thrashings. I remember watching Cats vs Tigers in 07 and Milbufn ragdolling a first year Edwards. That was over a 150 point loss. In hindsight it would have been nice to haven gotten Caddy though

Here’s the thing about the TT & Hopper trades: with them, we’re 18th. Without them, we’d be even more 18th than we are now, which still makes us 18th. Maybe we’d have bottomed out faster. Who knows?

I get why we traded for them, as we needed big-bodied mids and our coaching staff thought we had one last shot at another flag. Hindsight gives every arseh*le 20/20 vision and it’s done. Work with what you have to improve your future.

For someone that complains about whinging, you're not too bad at it yourself.

Because it's a forum...people express opinions....including ones that insist on telling us that the trades were sound and we are somehow better off having made them? No doubt when Hopper finally plays a decent game, they'll be out in force telling everyone 'I told you so'. Anyhow we are on the bottom of the ladder, with arguably the worst midfield in the league, after having give away two years worth of draft picks. You don't think that is not going to be an ongoing topic of discussion, especially considering Hoppers fat 7 year contract etc? Like yeah that's going to happen?

Also I do find your randomly picking out names of other players of other clubs with the quizzical question 'how are they going now' very amusing, albeit a sad means of deflection. Who knows who we would have selected and how they would have gone at Richmond if we had? I don't? I am pretty confident you don't either. One thing I'm pretty sure of however is if we had traded in a ready made player instead of drafting Brown, one that is seriously struggling to justify what we gave up for him and what we paying him, you'd be playing the same game. Picking another draftee, one from the same range, one that hasn't set the world on fire and then asking the question, 'well how is he going?'.

Anyhow get used to it, chances are we are going to be on the bottom rung of the ladder for a long time. And even if trading in Taranto and especially Hopper didn't get us there, chances are because of what we gave up to get them they are going to make our climb back up to contention that much harder. It going to be discussed and a lot, if only because people don't want to make the same mistakes again.
POTY. Yep the excuses are over.

Here’s the thing about the TT & Hopper trades: with them, we’re 18th. Without them, we’d be even more 18th than we are now, which still makes us 18th. Maybe we’d have bottomed out faster. Who knows?

I get why we traded for them, as we needed big-bodied mids and our coaching staff thought we had one last shot at another flag. Hindsight gives every arseh*le 20/20 vision and it’s done. Work with what you have to improve your future.

The mistake was both but like you said hindsight is easy.

And honestly I’m stoked the club made the trade. Timing and luck are everything in winning a premiership, if we get Taranto 1 year earlier given the dumb losses to Roos, Suns, Cats and draw with Freo we are a massive chance to snag a 4th flag. Even without Taranto it took one of the worst and probably most corrupt umpiring decisions to overturn a goal on no evidence to end our run at the Gabba.

When your team is in its windows I’d always rather die trying as premierships don’t come along very often (ask pretty much any other club in the league outside hawks and cats fans), and I think it’s fair to say that we owed that group to leave no stone unturned to go for one more. Unfortunately injuries got to us, we were old.

Besides the beauty of the afl is every year there is a draft in which to rebuild and get excited about but nothing guarantees your next group will take you back to the top, but it’s hell of a lot easier if you clean up with top 5 picks (none of which we traded away), so you may as well be really shit for few years.

Tanking,

he did miss last week with a sore back and he had been playing with a sore back for a few weeks beforehand, good time for another rest

Why would we need to tank? We struggled against North and Saints at Marvel in our premiership years. They will both beat us by 8 goals there without us tanking. Slow unskilled mids dont work at Marvel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Norf are favourites next week against us

Who would have thought that 4 years after our flag we’d be bottom playing Norf just above us and we would be so bad even the punters are tipping against us against a basket case of a club
norf will prob tank

I think you need to actually do a deeper dive on Youngs numbers. Then you'll understand why you are wrong on the point about him.

balta gibcus and blight backline sounds delicious if gibcus somehow turns into a good player

Then you haven't watched football ever. It's never as good or as bad as it seems. Put your big boy pants on, get a cup of concrete and harden up. FFS it's round 20 and we have bugger all incentive to win. The team has stuff all cohesiveness because half of them have played less than 50 games and we've used 41 players this year... a club record equalling 1989 - a year when we also won the spoon. Oh but back then, the club was broke and didn't look like existing in 3 years, let alone winning flags in the next few decades.
You’re wrong we will never win a game again

….and we still won’t beat them sadly

…unless we get Jordan McMahon back in the side
the original pisstake mo when no campaigner was willing to do it.

iconic

now they are everywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast and Changes for North

Back