Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Top 5 v Hawks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly we have no choice but to start over. This list is going to take us nowhere. Senior players badly letting us down with poor play and undisciplined acts. Some flashes of brilliance, but instead of involving Dusty, Prestia, Bolton, etc - they involve HRS, Bauer and Mansell. Bauer was super impressive as he kept Sicily very quiet and attacked the ball with intent. Nank has had a good year, but he had a bad game. Taranto, Hopper and Prestia butchered the ball at will. Short, Miller and Graham need to go. Grimes and Macca can retire. If Baker wants to go, thats fine with me and Bolton should be traded as he is the icing on the cake and at the moment, we need to rebuild the base. Keep Rioli if possible.

Whatever it takes to obtain 3 Top 10 picks - get it done.

Out - The Season
In - Trade week and National Draft.

Yes I'm sure a different coach would've had a different result this year 🙄
Even the best coaches would have us in the same position. Many complain about our list Yze has had nothing to do with that. Bring on the draft

On the train on way home. Can't question our effort every week, just don't have the skill and talent to be really competitive. To be honest, I don't care who leaves, I don't care who we draft, the most important thing the club needs to show to us Richmond members this off-season is a long term plan to start the resurrection again. Like a Benny Gale 2010 plan. "It starts with a vision". The club needs to be honest with us. Anyways, up the Tiges.

The problem I had with today's game is that we only came back to within 34 points or whatever it was because we played a style that negated Hawthorn's game style.
Back when Dimma first took the reigns, he inherited a team that was known for playing a negating game style under Plow. What made us a good side under DH is that we settled on a game style and said to the competition "we are going to play this way, try and beat us".

If I am being fair, Yze, to an extent, is being forced into playing a negating game style due to not having a consistent 25-28 players help him craft a new approach. Would be nice to see hints of something though.

That "comeback" counted for very little to me personally. However, I was excited by a few performances. Bauer had a ripper and I feel like he could be anything. He has the attributes to be a superstar but also needs to make sure his body holds up. Mansell popped up again with a great game but I've been saying this all year, he needs to learn to string them together. He is far too inconsistent.
I'm happy Bolton played well as it's on him to really boost his value and get us the best picks possible (I'm convinced he is gone).

Positive: There's only one game to go.
Negative: There's still another game we have to endure.

It’s a bit hard to see exactly what’s going wrong on 📺 but whenever it goes into the opposition’s forward line, it seems like it’s eight versus two but whenever it’s down our end its three versus six. Our forward play is the worst in the league by so far it’s not funny. Moreover, we just seem bereft of talent. It’s not like when we had guys like Maurice Rioli, Michael Mitchell, Paul Broderick, and Richo - where we had good players, just not enough of them. We just don’t have any. I’ll be astounded if anyone in this team is still on the list when we next win a final.

prestia is the biggest culprit of kicking worm burners does it every game how can a professional footballer kick scrubbers week in week out under no pressure
We got Prestia who does this, and Taranto who almost misses his foot when he kicks.

How Rioli (aka someone who can actually use a footy) hasn’t been tried in the guts this year has me stumped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drop Graham and short
Should happen. Won't happen. If both are still there next year, both will be - injuries permitting - selected every week regardless of performance.

And if Yze can't get ruthless with the senior players, he should be paid out now.

Clearly we have no choice but to start over. This list is going to take us nowhere. Senior players badly letting us down with poor play and undisciplined acts. Some flashes of brilliance, but instead of involving Dusty, Prestia, Bolton, etc - they involve HRS, Bauer and Mansell. Bauer was super impressive as he kept Sicily very quiet and attacked the ball with intent. Nank has had a good year, but he had a bad game. Taranto, Hopper and Prestia butchered the ball at will. Short, Miller and Graham need to go. Grimes and Macca can retire. If Baker wants to go, thats fine with me and Bolton should be traded as he is the icing on the cake and at the moment, we need to rebuild the base. Keep Rioli if possible.

Whatever it takes to obtain 3 Top 10 picks - get it done.

Out - The Season
In - Trade week and National Draft.

We've signed up Miller and Ryan and are offering Graham no doubt a long term contract. The club have no idea what they are doing, so I wouldn't be confident.

Should happen. Won't happen. If both are still there next year, both will be - injuries permitting - selected every week regardless of performance.

And if Yze can't get ruthless with the senior players, he should be paid out now.
Graham will be suspended which is handy

On the train on way home. Can't question our effort every week, just don't have the skill and talent to be really competitive. To be honest, I don't care who leaves, I don't care who we draft, the most important thing the club needs to show to us Richmond members this off-season is a long term plan to start the resurrection again. Like a Benny Gale 2010 plan. "It starts with a vision". The club needs to be honest with us. Anyways, up the Tiges.

The only players that played with acceptable effort early were Hugo and Mansell. The rest should absolutely have their effort questioned (it was 64 points early in the 2nd quarter ffs). People still defend the Hopper and Taranto trades, if they arent capable of cracking in around the ball early in games what is their value to the team? They are both awful at stoppages and cant play anywhere else. If we just played Prestia, Ross and Dow as the clearance players, we wouldnt be any worse.

Have we got over 100 once ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. 92 was our highest score. Were the only team that didn’t crack 100 points this year.

What’s worse is that we only have 4 scores above 80 points this year. Three in the 80s and 1 in the 90s.

prestia is the biggest culprit of kicking worm burners does it every game how can a professional footballer kick scrubbers week in week out under no pressure
Hard to tell cos it's usually out of frame but I suspect he looks up and there's no one to kick to, so deliberately scrubs it as opposed to gifting an intercept mark

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I must be seeing things differently but I think tresize is doing pretty well ?
Given he's only played a half dozen games or so, he's doing very well. Especially considering how our midfield is giving our defenders no chance.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Back