Autopsy Roast & Toast R18 vs Brisbane & Changes for R19 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Brisbane?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine him running down the wing for the Wallabies with that goose-step bamboozling the All Blix. He'd be a try scoring machine if he didn't have to kick the ball. Lol
Great idea!! Let’s trade to storm for ado-carr! He’s a beast

Yep, I've thought that since 2019. Both Lambo and Macca are awesome down the fat sides connecting our mid field to the forwards. Not sure how we're going to replace Macca though if he's done a hammy. Maybe bring Ralphsmith back in.
I was at the ground. Ross was quite good on that wing. Lots of running. Good decisions. Leave him in

Couldn't possibly be prouder of the boys or love this footy club harder tonight, that was a win for the ages and we gave the heart and soul of the club exactly what he deserved. :thumbsu::richmond:

Another horrible exhibition of 'new interpretation of the week' umpiring, losing KMac the running machine early, Dusty in the 3rd, Astbury and Mansell finishing on one leg, we were irresistible after half time and none of it could stop us. Premiership Richmond culture every step of the way.

Jack was magnificent, couldn't be happier for him to mark the milestone with such a great performance and victory. Massive kudos to all our loud and proud Gold Coast Tigers, you were absolutely incredible the way you flew the flag for Jack and all of us absent Tigers who would have dearly loved to be there.

Nank our Tank was epic in his return, just monstered everything in sight and he dead set must give 'The Big O' sleepless nights pre-match by now he's so far inside his head. His use of the body in ruck contests is steadily getting better (it's like he studies nothing but ruck contests 12hrs a day while he's out injured - I swear!) and he just levels the clearance space once the ball hits the deck - they all hear footsteps. His best is still to come.

Marbs is a player I always make time to defend and promote and I was thrilled for him to put in a performance like he did tonight. I'm not gonna list all his unique and special attributes for the umpteenth time, but I will point out that while Nank was our leading clearance player, Marbs was 2nd from limited opportunities compared to most of the mids we rotated through there. We're going to win a lot of games when our first ruck comes out on top and our 2nd ruck is helping the combo to a double figure helping of quality clearances between them. Chuffed to hear Dimma give him a massive wrap in the presser - look out competition when he starts feeling like he truly belongs out there and develops a fully mature frame.

Lambo had an outstanding first half and will improve again with match fitness. We all know how important he is to our system and he showed it again tonight. Baker's contribution in the midfield has been overlooked by many, he was so important with his tackling, pressure and clearances in the 2nd half. Shai had a great game with his usual class, pace and toughness, ditto Graham with us back playing a brand of footy which suits his strengths. Thought Parker showed plenty with his tackling, pace and deceptive height (so similar in many ways to Pickett), he's another that really suits the way we aim to play. Cotch was really solid and bugger anyone who thinks he's finished, he's not gonna win another Brownlow, but we're a better side with him in.

Mansell had a ripper of a game, his best by a mile and this kid is really going to be a player down the track. Great defensive skills, has taken huge strides in learning to hurt them going the other way since his first senior stint, tons of courage and has a strong dose of that hardnose, gritty, 'refuses to get beaten' mindset which can't help but remind you of a long list of ultra-reliable Tiger small/med defenders going right back to our 60's-70's glory days.

Astbury had probably his best game of the year, his contribution was important (not to mention typically underrated) and I hope the fact he chaired Jack off the ground means he only gave the ankle a tweak, will be right to go next week and can finish the season off at his best. Rioli looked so much more comfortable letting the ball come to him and using his pace and silk to rebound, Short had another solid game, Stack had some good patches and after a shaky start, Garth really had some promising moments. He obviously reads the ball in flight well, capable negater, his skills are decent for a FB, his attitude is great and he reminds me a bit of a young Astbury the way he's been all but written off, but may just end up really surprising a lot of people if given the kind of opportunity Astbury got (with us or elsewhere).

Everyone else had a decent moment or two - one of the reasons we were able to play so well was that we had enough 4 quarter run and pressure to do so and there were 23 contributors to that reality.

There's a bunch of very nervous pussy cats who won't be sleeping too well this week after tonight's performance. Run over them Nank the Tank style and the fear that ripples through the top-8 will be more contagious than the Delta strain.

There's life in this fairytale yet folks - Go Tigers! :thumbsu::richmond:

great game...great win but hard and confusing to watch and enjoy

something stinks about the umpiring (hocking agenda) 2 bulls in the ruck going hard at it all night and playing theirs guts out, umps say naaaaa, too rough boys nank/oscar combo = 8 frees for/9 against....every single one of them soft.

the afl wants to take the warrior out of the game and have a princess brand game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Jack Ross was brilliant after he came on. Not an option to vote for him, but he was everywhere and changed the game for me.

Robinson actually played well. MAtheson didn't play and Andrews did muck around on the mark. But probably beat Lynch again. Dusty, Kmac & Astbury injured?

I know Mathieson didn't play. That was the joke. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back