Best 5 vs Brisbane?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A heinous dog act by Robinson.
Hope the mutt faces justice.
Too filthy even for a kennel.
I don’t think it was tbh I watched it back several times waiting to see a knee or if he lined him up , was an innocuous collision I think Dusty’s own elbow crushed right into a sweet spot , I’m not blaming Robinson, later on he did come through like a cannon ball like a mad campaigner

Hope he's safe and well. Copped a bad one to my right kidney playing football back when I was 24. I was very ordinary for about three weeks and still not 100% for about two months. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. It was a long process.
yes i'm feelin your pain i've had a kidney knock from footy which caused a small amount of blood in the urine no footy for 2/3 weeks but the memory of being as white as a ghost and taking 2 minutes to get outta bed lives on.

this was mid 80s so once you could walk again you think your ok but it took a good coupla week before i could get in and out of the car ok....

fast forward to 2005 havin a quiet drink but not enjoying them, felt, crook, dizzy and a coupla hours later in agony, vomiting, delirious friend took me emergency and CTscan reveals a bloody kidney stone, not footy related but those kidneys issues can be nasty and painful.

It nosedived pretty sharply after '82 though didn't it.
Many of the players I mentioned were still at the club up until the mid to late eighties.
My comment regarding last night's team was borne out of watching the way the referred players' kicking skills are poor and unreliable. So you have Ross, Parker and Castagna, in the next bracket Cotchin, McKintosh and maybe others. I think of Ross with a gettable shot for goal completely shanked the kick, and I've seen him do this before. Parker I've watched in the Reserves and Castagna we all know about. Fortunately for these 3 we play a game style that doesn't depend on precise kicking skills but if our game style has to evolve and kicking becomes more critical, all three are in trouble. Kicking skills are difficult to improve upon so you have to largely accept that when you recruit, even knowing this still frustrates me when I watch some of these players.

Anyway right now my mind is centred on a guy who is an elite kick, kicks goals when you need him to and may well be the best player I've seen. I hope he's ok and innocent or not, my loathing for Mitch Robinson has escalated to the next bracket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong and Melbourne are separating themselves from the rest at the moment. They have the best credentials and barring a disaster should cruise into home prelims.

I think the 4 below them (Bulldogs/Brisbane/Port/Sydney) are all a bit flakier. The abundance of interstate teams is a bit of an issue for us but there's a decently clear path into a prelim if we get motoring and can grab 7th or 8th.

Will need Bolton to turn into Dusty though.

Another challenge,having a star as big as Dusty out gives us a free swing and a strong mindset.

More Tigers to come in,another challenge our club can take on.

Not writing off this group,we knocked off a top 4 prem fav last night with plenty out.

Ross was very good in the 3rd and last….lots of pressure applied, great follow up work., hard at it…I like this version of Jack Ross

teah I got stuck into him for his poor zone positioning high allowed Cameron to take an easy mark and kick a goal but he got better and better as the game went in and was a solid contributor late in the game

Really good win by the tigers last night.
I thought we played really good as a team which is good considering the outs that we have.
With Martin and KMAC out for the foreseeable future I would say Parker and Ross will stay in.

Once again Castagna looks to live another week because the team is always getting injured.

IN: Edwards
OUT: Dustin, Kmac

After next week (if no other players get injured) we look to regain Flossy, CCJ and Prestia which would be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back