• Ryan

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sonsie (sub)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Especially if TT, Lynch come back.

The draft is a worry as there’s a lot of talent but it doesn’t seem anyone is sure who is the absolute standout. It could up being the 3rd or 4th pick ends up the best player.
The #1 pick almost never ends up the best player anyway though? We're still going to end up with a gun young player.

Even with them out, we still have Broad, Short, KMac, Dow, and Sonsie surrounded by kids who are going to be inconsistent. Apart from Lynch and Taranto, our injury list is thin on experienced talent. Sure, Gibcus, Ross, and Lefau are promising, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on them delivering. The rest is just wishcasting.
Agree. We are a mile off it. Who are our Cotch, Dusty, Rance, Lynch and Jack? Even forgetting that who are even our next Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Nank, Astbury, Grimes, Lambert?

What will our tenth pick be this year. Doubt we'll have 10 changes. 7 maybe 8 tops... including rookie elevations. Not saying I wouldn't agree with it but I doubt it happens.
We will probably have 5 ND picks, maybe a trade/psd pick and at least 1 rookie. 7 or 8 seems right.

Sat high in the stands for the it gave a really good view of the ground and how we structured up. Certainly saw some good signs yesterday especially with the addition of some outside run and carry.

The first 3 quarters should give people a lot of hope moving forward. Despite their best efforts Port couldn't put us away and it was only when they finally got the game on their terms in the last that they put a decent gap on us.

Hugo Banks Mansell Campbell Green & Smith all showed some good signs and brought energy and dare to the way they attacked the game. Plenty for Yze to work with there.

Speaking of Yze, I read a lot of comments about how he has no idea, anyone thinking that clearly has no clue. Nearly half the list is either injured and not playing or in some cases are putting their hands up while carrying niggles and he still had the side playing a strong competitive brand of footy for 3 quarters before Port ran over the top of us.

If last night is anything to go by then 2025 has a lot to look forward to, especially with a healthier list that allows us to put our best side on the park more often than we've been able to this year.

Changes for Pies should make for a stronger line up depending on whether Nankervis goes into concussion protocols or not with Taranto Vlastuin and Graham all likely to return. It would be nice to be the side that kills off their season for good.

Holy crap, the AFL write up mentions Dixon as the physical presence Port need to win a flag... Crickey. That wasn't true 5 years ago and it sure isn't now. Unless of course, the umpires continue to ignore his blatant shoves in the back.
Not every side has a Balta in defence.

Agree. We are a mile off it. Who are our Cotch, Dusty, Rance, Lynch and Jack? Even forgetting that who are even our next Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Nank, Astbury, Grimes, Lambert?
It’s a bit depressing when you put it like that.

The club is going through a reorg and is financially sound. If they get the right people in place, we’ll be back. It’s gonna take time though.

The club is going through a reorg and is financially sound. If they get the right people in place, we’ll be back. It’s gonna take time though.
I'm sure some of the second tier are there from the last 3 or 4 drafts. MRJ, Gibcus, Brown, Banks, Clarke, Smith, Green, Campbell, Trezise, Blight, McAuliffe. We just need to play them. I don't see many top 6 on the list types though which will come from next 3 drafts hopefully.

Will take time absolutely, unfortunately some people are too impatient to wait lol. Been years since we had good picks in the draft, use it while we can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will take time absolutely, unfortunately some people are too impatient to wait lol. Been years since we had good picks in the draft, use it while we can.
I feel like AFL forces teams to be bad for years and we have other sports we watch wether that’s the NBA that has a draft but a robust free agency or the EPL where a team can turn around its fortunes. There are obviously cons to other codes as well but ours is forced mediocrity for years and hope you have good development/coaching to deliver a flag

Roast:
  • Our senior players can mostly piss off
  • Kicking the ball out short to the right 98% of of the time, only to be outmarked down the line.

Toast: The Tigercast live call.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
Appreciate the love!

Surely we can sneak into the votes 🤣

Thought we really battled tonight. Few good signs from young guys. Broads out on the fulls really hurt us early and our tall forward options were diabolical. Kosi had an outright shocker and Ryan just looks so far off it. Mansell played his best game for us I thought, couple of his goals were beautifully put together.

Out - Ryan and Kosi
In - Bauer and basketball guy
Nank was concussed so he has to go out also ... Kosi gets a mulligan for mine ... Bauer should be played as a forward ... especially with Samson having an injured ankle

Yes, and we were missing about 10 x best-23 players, had our captain concussed, and were highly competitive for majority of the match.

A lot to like from the last 2 x weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree with you that Trezise, Campbell, Mansell Green, Brown, HRS, MacAulif and Smith have shown promise and definitely need games. The reality is that we don't have 10 0f our best 23 out. Of the players out Lynch, Toranto, Gibcus and Vlastuin are walk up starters. Lafau, Ross show heaps of potential to improve us. Graham is a good as he is going to get and really will not be any better than the player he replaces. In the side last night, Nank, Rioli, Hopper, Balta, Baker, Bolton and Prestia are a really good core however Hopper and Prestia have proven to be injury prone, and I could not blame Baker if he went home. Really, we are only going to get 6 good players back form injury and Lefau won't be back until late next year. so really we only have a core of 10 good, experienced players. Add to that a couple of raw kids from the draft and we are not going to magically transform into a top 8 team when our injured player are available.
This is why I don't understand the match committee not going all in on the kids. We need pretty much all of these kids to step up. I love Broard and all the team things he does but he, Short, Pickett, MacIntosh and even Dusty need to make way for the kids. I suspect that Dusty has already worked that out and I would be surprised if (after the Collingwood game) he makes himself available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast v Port and Changes v Pies

Back