Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sonsie (sub)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ve tried him there in the VFL….they tried him in the ruck….he's just an ordinary player…not good enough for seniors

Seems to play with more focus/confidence in defence (limited sample though). Attacks the contest more in the backline…

Club needs to publicly ask for please explain for that and the Dixon push in the back decisions
We won’t do shit weak as piss , Brad shit whinges every week about maggots but yet we are like stunned mullets taking it no lube

would love to know how that was 'tactical' as was touted.
It wasn't. It was just the f**kwit on the boundary making shit up. Nank would be the last player we would "tactically" sub out of the game right now.

Hayes-Brown has to play then.

Yze said Ryan was about to be subbed out with a sore ankle before Nank was subbed out.

100%…get OHB in … give him a taste of the big time
He’ll line up against the American ***** s which will be a great contest

Want bauer in too

Last edited:
Really it’s disappointing that we kept blight out , great experience playing v good sides , we ll find out a bit about him just madness leaving him out considering how bad our talls are
Our defence is not the issue KB. Miller and Balta weren't the problem.

Another game where there are good signs moving forward. Missing 10 players and pushed a "top side" for 3 quarters before we inevitably folded after Nank was subbed and the umpires went in dry. I did something I have never done - When Dixon's massive shove in Balta's back was not paid, I switched channels and watched Geelong get spanked in the last. The spineless management at the RFC won't do anything about the umpiring bias, then I ain't going to stress - I'll just change the channel.

BUT -I REALLY liked what a saw with Green, Banks, Tresize, Smith, Hugo and especially Mansell. Really positive signs and we need to keep getting games into them. The experienced trio of Short, Broad and Macca were just terrible. Unforced errors from Broad especially with the out of bounds cost us. Kozi and Ryan were useless. Kozi in particular is a pea hearted non contest list clogger. Brown is not a forward - send him back as Miller needed support and Balta was the only tall we had in the game.

What is with the constant entries into our forward 50 going straight to Aaaaaalllir and Ratagalea ? Seriously poor forward entries. Tidy that up, and we would have made the most of the entries.

This season is a dumpster fire, but the club seems to be a rudderless ship sailing into the sunset enabling Pick 1.

Out - Sonsie, Kozi, Macca, Dow, Ryan and Nank (inj)
In - Bauer, Blight, McAuliffe, Taranto, Dusty, Hayes-Brown (if Nank inj)

Try Miller or Blight up forward. How long is Vlastuin / Graham / Pickett out for ?

Agree. We are a mile off it. Who are our Cotch, Dusty, Rance, Lynch and Jack? Even forgetting that who are even our next Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Nank, Astbury, Grimes, Lambert?
Na don't agree to negative.
Backline their is a great spine with Balta , Miller and maybe Gibcus if he doesn't play forward. Brown and Trezise and Vlastuin around them.
Midfield needs the injection of class and forward line.
Let's not forget some of those players are once in a generation players you mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the cfl is going to let maynard off cos theyre playing Richmond u watch
Trust us to get shit again when my kid just really starting to get into footy , little fat scum supporting shit in his class at his school noticed my tiger cap and was giving me shit coz we were last 😂 , told him they’ve won nothing and ask his dad last time they won the flag

Trust us to get shit again when my kid just really starting to get into footy , little fat scum supporting shit in his class at his school noticed my tiger cap and was giving me shit coz we were last 😂 , told him they’ve won nothing and ask his dad last time they won the flag
I would've speared the little ****

hes clueless. so is his staff.
Yet we played 3 very good quarters against a good side. Played with a bit of dash with half a dozen first year players and some senior players making the dumb mistakes at the end when it was all over. Same last week. So he is getting his players up for the contest, must be doing something right. Slowly changing some of the old guard to the new. All the young players this week will retain their positions, something that Hardwick couldn't do for the last 4 years of his tenure.

When they inevitably choke in finals this year go back to the school, give the little shite a wedgy and yell at him in your big dad voice so he cries in front of all his mates. That’ll learn him

It wasn't. It was just the f**kwit on the boundary making shit up. Nank would be the last player we would "tactically" sub out of the game right now.
it was in the afl article post game too. bloody strange as you're spot on who in their right mind would sub him on a wet night with sampson as back up ruck.. crazy stuff.

hope your kid doesnt jump ship

Na don't agree to negative.
Backline their is a great spine with Balta , Miller and maybe Gibcus if he doesn't play forward. Brown and Trezise and Vlastuin around them.
Midfield needs the injection of class and forward line.
Let's not forget some of those players are once in a generation players you mentioned.
Vlastuin and Balta were already there and Flossy is 31 next year and slowing quickly. Zero chance he's part of our next flag push.

I posted again saying some of that 2nd tier might be there we don't know at this point.

Forget the names, we don't need 4 generational players but who (under 24) projects to be a top 6 player on a premiership list in say 5 years? Gibcus if he gets fit is probably the only one. Pick #1 or whatever it ends up with should be another you'd hope. We may get lucky with the depth of this draft to pluck another.

Not trying to be negative, it's what is supposed to happen to a dynasty side. Ride out a few years of pain and we will be back competing with some FA/trades in a couple of years.

Our biggest issue is we have a gaping hole through 2018-20 draft profile and then we rightly had a crack and blew our 22-23 draft profile. 5 out of 6 years are basically gone so it's either start again or try fill 5 years of holes.

The result doesn't really matter, the fact that we played well for 3 Q's with half a midfield, generous, and no tall forwards was pretty good.

Why did it take so long to get Smith into the side. The kid attacks and has a great running game. Backs himself which is always going to come undone adjusting at the higher level, but did some really good things.

Trezise plays like a seasoned player, very cool and composed especially early. Tired a bit and so did his decision making and skills, but when the heat was on he was one of our best.

Green again showed his skills. Campbell just needs to get a bit more in and under which will also come.

Mansell good all round player and starting to learn forward craft which he was pretty devoid of a year ago. Big plus.

Thought Brown showed a bit as well. Hard gig playing pretty much a mobile CHF but took some good marks and has great touch.

Our senior players were okay by and large, just made mistakes when the normally wouldn't. Mentally it is hard for them on the bottom of the ladder you would think, so a little slack to cut.

****ing loud mouth little shit , typical scum supporter , even windows down into there kids . Felt like saying go back to lygon and have another bowl of spaghetti
what are they cocky about theyve done nothing for 30 years

Don’t have 10 of our best-23 out?

Dusty
TT
Ross
MRJ
Lynch
Lefau
Vlastuin
Gibcus
Grimes
Pickett
Graham

So yeah, it was probably 11.

Just because some players might be retiring or injury prone, it doesn’t change the fact they are in our best team in 2024. With Jack gone Lefau is 100% in our best team ahead of Kosi and Ryan.

But for the sake of the argument we are splitting hairs. I’m happy to say we had 11 of our best-25 out last night. You cannot argue with that as basically everyone in the list above is selected in the AFL team when fit.

Yet people expect us to beat Port away? We did well to compete for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Please take Grimes Pickett and Graham off our Best anything list ... it ain't 2021 anymore ... all 3 were ranked elite that year ... in 2024 all 3 are just rank

Team Rank GIF by RanksHerzstueck

Dusty and Lynch going the same way ... both the wrong side of 30 ... Martin was elite last year ... but that was last year ... hasn't played in a single win this year
... Lynch was elite in 2022 ... that is a long time ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast v Port and Changes v Pies

Back