Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Essendon & Changes for R11 vs Sydney

Best 5 vs Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and they will run off him with ease. Balta, Grimes, Broad would have a field day running off him and beat him in the air mostly. But he might kick a goal or two.
Only if our small forwards don't perform - Soldo will bring the ball to ground most times, happened successfully in a game earlier this year - think it was v GWS
If we swarm around the drop with good pressure we could either crumb for a shot at goal or lock it in with pressure

That's my plan anyway...

Only if our small forwards don't perform - Soldo will bring the ball to ground most times, happened successfully in a game earlier this year - think it was v GWS
If we swarm around the drop with good pressure we could either crumb for a shot at goal or lock it in with pressure

That's my plan anyway...
If they kick it on his head 20m out he will bring it to ground, but if he has to lead he will be easy pickings, look what Tarrant did to 2m Peter, and he's a decent target. Once the ball hits the deck it will be gone, one down effectively, as good as MRJ is at chasing it will kill him eventually like it has all the rest. Much better to have more rounded players playing tall forward.

Aarts could play a deep forward role to replace Lynch. Hopefully we don’t give opportunities to guys like Ralphsmith, Sonsie, etc. Really need to have a better look at Aarts with some important games coming up.

Attachments

• D0D8624E-266F-45F8-8BDC-426536DAD372.gif
    D0D8624E-266F-45F8-8BDC-426536DAD372.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
I agree in part, but Gibcus is going so well down there you'd be very cautious about asking too much of him. Plus he compliments our back 6 so well.

Miller on the other hand is in great form in the VFL, is big and strong and mobile and has played forward in the VFL albeit not often. The times when he has gone forward he has looked pretty good. Give him the challenge where he will be the no.1 go to forward position (Lynch's) and not have to get out of anyone's way.

If we go in with Soldo at FF and Jack at CH I think we are in trouble. Jack is all of a sudden looking like the forward he should be, playing a bit deeper and going where ever he wants using his footy smarts. If he is made to shoulder the load at CHF again I think we are in trouble. Lynch is 3 weeks out, give a challenge to a Miller and see how he goes.

And you wouldn't bring in Pickett?
What does he say when he gives them compliments?

If they kick it on his head 20m out he will bring it to ground, but if he has to lead he will be easy pickings, look what Tarrant did to 2m Peter, and he's a decent target. Once the ball hits the deck it will be gone, one down effectively, as good as MRJ is at chasing it will kill him eventually like it has all the rest. Much better to have more rounded players playing tall forward.
Of course you may be right - but I would not have Soldo on the lead really - 20M out is perfect - too far out for defenders to rush the behind but enough room for crumbing and pressuring.

I would have Cumberland in for Lynch and he and Riewoldt leading up with Dusty floating around at CHF

Looks like it wont be raint wet now on Friday here in Sydney but if it clear the dew point will be high.

Were they Richmond supporters punching on?
nah the didgeroo hit was little aboriginals with no club gear on

I saw the vid, nasty nasty hit with the didgeridoo and then hit his head on the concrete. lucky to be alive

Of course you may be right - but I would not have Soldo on the lead really - 20M out is perfect - too far out for defenders to rush the behind but enough room for crumbing and pressuring.

I would have Cumberland in for Lynch and he and Riewoldt leading up with Dusty floating around at CHF

Looks like it wont be raint wet now on Friday here in Sydney but if it clear the dew point will be high.
Yes forgot about the conditions, Cumberland might get the nod.

With no obvious Lynch replacement, I'd like to see our match committee swing Gibcus forward for the week and bring in Ben Miller / Bigoa as his replacement. Gibcus played some junior football as a forward and is probably the most likely of our tall depth to provide an aerial contest against the Swans' strong intercepting defenders. I'm sure coaches/ fans alike would also be interested in what the man can do up forward given how prolific he has been in just his first year.

In: Graham Miller
Out: Lambert Lynch
I was actually thinking the exact same thing but with just 1 difference

Miller was also played as a Ruck/foward in his junior years and has foward/Ruck craft
we would get the opportunity to try both Miller & Gibcus foward during the game

Out: Soldo , Lambert , Lynch , Aarts
In: Miller , Graham , Pickett , Ralphsmith

Last edited:
You believe Jack can replace the job Lynch has been doing, taking the brunt of the high balls against multiple defenders up and down the ground. Those days are long gone. When was the last time Jack took a big pack mark?
Never said he's replacing Lynch. He'll kick a few from smart leading just like last week. Sydney are overrated and I believe we can beat them, hardly an outlandish suggestion. They're mediocre at best, and probably wont even finish in the 8. Their only win against a current top 12 side is Geelong at the SCG Round 2. Its got me ****ed why everyones on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never said he's replacing Lynch. He'll kick a few from smart leading just like last week. Sydney are overrated and I believe we can beat them, hardly an outlandish suggestion. They're mediocre at best, and probably wont even finish in the 8. Their only win against a current top 12 side is Geelong at the SCG Round 2. Its got me ducked why everyones on them.
because they know the scumps are going to destroy us

Based on the VFL report Stack and Ralphsmith could be in contention.

Don't think we have a Lynch replacement so we either go small and hope for rain, or we are probably structurally in an awkward spot.

I'd still like to see Miller given a go, maybe we get lucky and find one.

Never said he's replacing Lynch. He'll kick a few from smart leading just like last week. Sydney are overrated and I believe we can beat them, hardly an outlandish suggestion. They're mediocre at best, and probably wont even finish in the 8. Their only win against a current top 12 side is Geelong at the SCG Round 2. Its got me ducked why everyones on them.
Never said they were good bad or otherwise. Lynch is a massive loss this week, probably our most important player so far this year. All sides are pretty even except for those few at the bottom. Sydney if they play well could push us so we need to get our structures right.

Out : Lynch Lambert Aarts (give him a full run in the magoo's .... it's the nicest way i could put it)
In : Pickett Graham and Ralphsmith

I'd like Cantstandya for Cumberland for some actual goal kicking power but i can't be bothered running down the Cantstandya rabbit hole tonight (i just dont get it)

At least we’re not playing them at Marvel this time but I hate watching SCG games with those shit camera angles.

Hasn’t improved since the days of Capper and Diesel.
and the grannys behind the goals aye Nostradumbass

At least we’re not playing them at Marvel this time but I hate watching SCG games with those shit camera angles.

Hasn’t improved since the days of Capper and Diesel.

Whats that stupid noise at their stadium too? Sounds like wooden bats being slapped together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back