Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Essendon & Changes for R11 vs Sydney

Best 5 vs Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out for 4-6 was what was reported on the AFLs official injury report when it came out. So it was barely a guess, it was what was reported by the league itself

But yeah, you guys know best as you stalk around the players, watching for limps etc. The luxury of having spare time on your hands due to a total lack of meaningful lives to live

Truth is he is still out for at least 3 weeks, minimum. Its hardly something worth hanging your hat on. Its a pretty bad hamstring injury for a 22 year old

Geese louise this is a salty melt

🧂

backs----- grimes -- tarrant-- gibcus
h/backs-- baker-- vlaustin ---rioli {dan }
center-- kmac ---short--- pickett
h/fwds -- bolton -- reiwoldt--george
f/fwds-- edwards-- soldo -- dusty
rucks -- Nank ---cotch ---prestia
inter -- graham--mjr--broady--ross
sub-- HRS

Last edited:
The discrepancy in frees only reinforces the brilliance and genius of Dimma's watertight system.
None of the assistants who left, Truck, Caz, Fly or Leppa, have been able to emulate it.
Good call

backs----- grimes -- tarrant-- gibcus
h/backs-- baker-- vlaustin ---rioli {dan }
center-- kmac ---short--- pickett
h/fwds -- bolton -- reiwoldt--george
f/fwds-- edwards-- soldo -- dusty
inter -- graham--mjr--broady--ross
sub-- HRS
Reckon we’ll need Nank, Cotch & Meatball just quietly !!! 😳😳😳

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%
I reckon Dan Rioli has been awesome this year but Liam Baker is on another level as a half back
He is elite at everything except for being tall but he plays tall

He’s a dead set jet

And we got him as rookie!!
Talk about winning

View attachment 1407512

It was a ridiculous idea to move him & Balta out of the back system, they were both AA U22 Players in 2020 - why do it? A lot of people supported it, but there was a lot that saw the silliness in it. Reality is, the reason was to trial a 3 KPF set up & cover a lack of back up in KPF's due to Chol & CCJ moving on & to accomodate Rioli's move down back, Dare say it cost us at least 1 win in that first 5 weeks, when we gave up 7, 10 & 5 goal runs against Carlton, Saints ^ Crows. At least Dimma saw the error in his ways and made the correct moves now, lets just hope that one of those loses doesn't come back to nip us in the butt down the road.

It was a ridiculous idea to move him & Balta out of the back system, they were both AA U22 Players in 2020 - why do it? A lot of people supported it, but there was a lot that saw the silliness in it. Reality is, the reason was to trial a 3 KPF set up & cover a lack of back up in KPF's due to Chol & CCJ moving on & to accomodate Rioli's move down back, Dare say it cost us at least 1 win in that first 5 weeks, when we gave up 7, 10 & 5 goal runs against Carlton, Saints ^ Crows. At least Dimma saw the error in his ways and made the correct moves now, lets just hope that one of those loses doesn't come back to nip us in the butt down the road.
WHY !!!

Were you not the same person saying we should tank to get higher draft picks !!!

Liam Baker has polled playing a very similar role nearly every game he has played back there so far.

No way you pay Dan $600k. where did that number come from? It's surely very incorrect

Dan is stil, by far - the least vote getting back in a similar role. We all might not agree & i will say you all have some good points to make on his positives - but there is also a lot of decent proof that he is playing a one sided game so far & i might have a point or 2 as well, heh?

If you can outline a few forwards who have exposed him defensively then that would qualify as proof. I know it’s hard to know who is playing on who for large parts of games, but I can’t recall us regularly getting torched by forwards 183cm
or under (Rioli is only 178cm so isn’t playing on anyone taller than 6-foot) in 10-games so far.

Here are the forwards 183cm or under who have kicked MORE than 1 goal in a game - who Rioli may or may not have been on at the time:

Round 1 v Carlton: Durdin 2 goals.

Round 2 v GWS: None

Round 3 v Saints: Butler 2. Long 2.

Round 4 v Dogs: None

Round 5 v Adel: Rachele 2. McAdam 2

Round 6 v Demons: None.

Round 7 v Eagles: None

Round 8 v Pies: Ginnivan 3 goals.

Round 9 v Hawks: Wingard 2 goals.

Round 10 v Bombers: None

So only once has a small forward kicked more than 2 goals. And Ginnivan got two of his goals from a free kick for ducking and a free kick off Macintosh, neither committed by Rioli.

I do remember the ‘bad old days’ when players like Milne, Phil Matera and Jeff Farmer would have field days against Richmond… we’d always seem to get destroyed by small forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you can outline a few forwards who have exposed him defensively then that would qualify as proof. I know it’s hard to know who is playing on who for large parts of games, but I can’t recall us regularly getting torched by forwards 183cm
or under (Rioli is only 178cm so isn’t playing on anyone taller than 6-foot) in 10-games so far.

Here are the forwards 183cm or under who have kicked MORE than 1 goal in a game - who Rioli may or may not have been on at the time:

So only once has a small forward kicked more than 2 goals. And Ginnivan got two of his goals from a free kick for ducking and a free kick off Macintosh, neither committed by Rioli.

I do remember the ‘bad old days’ when players like Milne, Phil Matera and Jeff Farmer would have field days against Richmond… we’d always seem to get destroyed by small forwards.

The entire afl community has been talking about what a fantastic revelation Rioli is running off HB
Really disappointing that the people who should be appreciating his work (supposed richmond supporters) are the people bagging a 3 time premiership player that bleeds yellow and black with family ties.

I didn’t mind the trial.. and yeah it was a bit of because we lost Chol and CCJ but also because forward pressure was basically non existent last year and MRJ, Stack, and Clarke weren’t ready at the start of this season

Did it work? nope.. but that’s ok, not everything does, kudos for having a crack tho.
And who knows the experience they gained from it is surely a positive and can be a ‘break glass in emergency’ type case id injuries hit mid game

I didn’t mind the trial.. and yeah it was a bit of because we lost Chol and CCJ but also because forward pressure was basically non existent last year and MRJ, Stack, and Clarke weren’t ready at the start of this season

Did it work? nope.. but that’s ok, not everything does, kudos for having a crack tho.
And who knows the experience they gained from it is surely a positive and can be a ‘break glass in emergency’ type case id injuries hit mid game

I thought MRJ was always the obvious choice for that role & it looked about right.

Agree with the Plan B thing, but you don't lose games over trialing "plan Bs". But i do agree trialing things for a plan b to keep in your pocket later on, ie Dan Rioli up forward with MRJ

No i cant be ****ed sorry

I find it really really weird that they no longer keep stats on 50's given away & received.

I mean, they made a rule to make them a bigger part of the game, then removed it from being able to easily see the results.

For about 30 years it was tracked, but now in the generation of analytics, its no longer available. Odd
Does it not get included in the overall free kick count?

With no obvious Lynch replacement, I'd like to see our match committee swing Gibcus forward for the week and bring in Ben Miller / Bigoa as his replacement. Gibcus played some junior football as a forward and is probably the most likely of our tall depth to provide an aerial contest against the Swans' strong intercepting defenders. I'm sure coaches/ fans alike would also be interested in what the man can do up forward given how prolific he has been in just his first year.

In: Graham Miller
Out: Lambert Lynch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back