Round 1 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I will have a 0 in my midfield in round 11 if I don't make any trades. So do I trade out Shiel or Boyd??

Both

I expect MJ to go to Goodes and maybe Fyfe H2H when in the middle.

Mcglynn is the only really dangerous deep forward the swans have. They also have Rohan on a HFF and ROK maybe could return but i hope not.

Rohan will probably try and play on Duffield.

Mcphee, Suban and Ibbo should share Rohan, Mcglynn, ROK.

I expect Broughton to play up on a wing on L.Jetta. Could be a field day if that happens.

Both

I expect MJ to go to Goodes and maybe Fyfe H2H when in the middle.

Mcglynn is the only really dangerous deep forward the swans have. They also have Rohan on a HFF and ROK maybe could return but i hope not.

Rohan will probably try and play on Duffield.

Mcphee, Suban and Ibbo should share Rohan, Mcglynn, ROK.

I expect Broughton to play up on a wing on L.Jetta. Could be a field day if that happens.

LOL I can't believe I'm agreeing with you. I swear I was going to write that in my last post but forgot. Obvious match up for mine. :thumbsu: It would be funny as if Broughton pulls out a 130+ this week and Birchall a 67 for those who make that trade. :eek:

You got lucky with your rookies this week mate. Alot of dreamteamers have Bugg, Kennedy and Redden in there last spot and thus didnt get the 100's they scored. 4/6 players scored 100 this week. That wont happen every week because if it does than they will be the highest scoring player in there positions (Kennedy and Bugg) that is 00000000000.1% chance of happening.

Your also going to waste alot of trades when you could have had these players from the start. Barlow might be alright for you, but he will be in plenty of teams come round 5-6, sure you might trade him in round 3 and get his 60-80 sub effected scores but i dont see how thats going to help your team.

But I already have the best rooks from the start. :confused:

I didn't get lucky with my rookies at all, as far as my Rd1 score goes. Bugg & Kennedy were on my benches as emergencies.

As for Barlow, I'm bringing him in for Rd 4 only if he cops another vest this week and plays a full game and kills in in Rd3. Only a week or two before everyone else jumps on so it wont be a wasted trade if he guns it for the rest of the season and I bring him in a week or two before others do.

I can see Kennedy, Bugg & Mohr scoring well this week against North. 60+ each for mine.

Mate I don't think its a good idea to have that much cash in the bank, I did it last year and it came back to bite me, from the word go you are going to be behind everyone else. I would do the lake-> birchall trade, even though he may not pump out another 116 this week, last year he was one of the most consistent players in the comp. by trading down to Mohr you will still be losing at least 20ppg.

Im not saying I don't like Mohr, because I see great potential in him, I just dont like the idea of having that much money in the bank. you obviously have plenty of rookies elsewhere if you still have 500K+ in the bank
I bet that after round 3 there won't be much money left though. I'd say there is merit in letting the rookies do their stuff and use any spare cash to aggressively acquire premiums with their profit.

I bet that after round 3 there won't be much money left though. I'd say there is merit in letting the rookies do their stuff and use any spare cash to aggressively acquire premiums with their profit.

This^ I was well placed inside the top 500-1000 mid season last year but had bugger all money in the bank, so I looked for fallen premo's/midpricers (Gilbert, R Murphy, Didak) to upgrade my final 22. Suffice to say my team didn't get any better and I finished a lowly 1842. Had I squirrelled away at least 150k early on for a rainy day I could have upgraded to the best premo's that I didn't already have and finished inside the top 200.

If I can somehow arse my way to a 2050-2100 average after 3 rounds with 800k still in in the bank, I can bring in the best premo's throughout the year when it comes to cashing in cows without having to penny pinch & settle for fallen premo's/mid-pricers when upgrading, who may not lift their scoring output for the rest of the year.

I traded early last year, and I'm gonna do it again. I kept Winderlich so I could get Kennedy's score, but always planned on trading him out early depending on forward rookies. I've liked the look of Milera and Motlop down forward, both small forwards who played a fair bit of time on the ball. Leaning towards Motlop, but the extra cash would be handy if I went Milera. Even if Ledger is named this week, I'll bring in Smith as he showed he'll be in the top 5 mid rookies, whereas there is doubt with Ledger due to the big guns in the Saints midfield (also, pulling out due to 'general soreness' before round 1 is a concern).

These trades are mainly to free up cash for next week, where I will look to get in Jacobs for HMac (unless he pumps out a massive score, but it will be against GWS, so I'll take that into account) and maybe Lake for Hargrave depending on what happens this week. May even go HMac down to Redden and play Giles if he does well this week, and then upgrade Lake to someone like Hanley or Adcock.

No trades for me, backing in Broughton for another week and see how he goes. Premium sideways trading in round one (hell in any round) is a no-no, you picked them for a reason so let them play.

Midfield rookies are Mcondald, Magner, Shiel and Ledger. Ledger will be playing this week but if Magner and Shiel dont come up i could be in a bit of trouble. Not trading there though.
Somehow I missed Kennedy and am deciding if i go Dickson > Kennedy this week or next!. Broughton is staying but the main thing I am worried about is having both Morris and Ellis...they are on my bench but I can see one of them getting dropped this week.

I thought I'd be smart and swap out Buddy for Clancee Pearce for the extra cash and then upgrade later when Buddy went down and Clancee up. Anybody got a problem with me wasting a trade to reverse this calamity????:mad:

I thought I'd be smart and swap out Buddy for Clancee Pearce for the extra cash and then upgrade later when Buddy went down and Clancee up. Anybody got a problem with me wasting a trade to reverse this calamity????:mad:

No need to be a smart ar$e about it, jokes are all done to death now.
A really low score like Lake's must really be taken into account when looking long term too.

Lets say Lake bounces back to score 2 scores of 80 points. 29+80+80=189 That is an average of 63 at the 1st price change.

Now lets say a rookie is holding a round 1 score of 74, then scores 60 and 60. That is 194 which is an average of 64.67.

Who is going to be in a better position come round 3 when looking to get some premium players?

If I trade early in the week, but then decide to reverse, can I then trade again (and do this as many times as I like)? They don't really make that clear on the rules..

If I trade early in the week, but then decide to reverse, can I then trade again (and do this as many times as I like)? They don't really make that clear on the rules..

You can do it as many times as you like. They are running the same reverse system as the Rugby League fantasy which has been running for over a month, and I've probably done 50 reverse trades in some weeks with the RIDICULOUS amount of injuries and suspensions they've had to key players in the first 5 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can do it as many times as you like. They are running the same reverse system as the Rugby League fantasy which has been running for over a month, and I've probably done 50 reverse trades in some weeks with the RIDICULOUS amount of injuries they've had to key players in the first 5 weeks.
Ah, good to hear.:thumbsu: They really could have explained this better, but yeah, all clear now.

Parker > Ebert

and with Magner & McDonald in my mids i'll need to do something there if Magner's injury is somewhat serious, 700k in the bank so may just upgrade one of them to a premo mid

But I already have the best rooks from the start. :confused:

I didn't get lucky with my rookies at all, as far as my Rd1 score goes. Bugg & Kennedy were on my benches as emergencies.

As for Barlow, I'm bringing him in for Rd 4 only if he cops another vest this week and plays a full game and kills in in Rd3. Only a week or two before everyone else jumps on so it wont be a wasted trade if he guns it for the rest of the season and I bring him in a week or two before others do.

I can see Kennedy, Bugg & Mohr scoring well this week against North. 60+ each for mine.

Lets not beat around the bush mate, You got both Buggs and Kennedys score.

By your admition in this post you dont expect them to score 100 and 116 every week, you expect 60 odd. You got lucky with the scoring of those rookies.

What im saying is by having 600k in the bank you could have had Birchall from the start anyway, instead you will be wasting trades by picking him up it puts you behind the 8 ball.

You also dont have C.Smith a required rookie 79 in 3qtrs of footy against the eagles in a flogging.

About 50% of people in here trolling and the other 50% just sound crazy! Can anyone explain why they are thinking of making a trade this week instead of just waiting to double their sample size and make a decision before the price rise? I am genuinely interested to hear the thoughts of a round 1 trader.

Lets not beat around the bush mate, You got both Buggs and Kennedys score.

By your admition in this post you dont expect them to score 100 and 116 every week, you expect 60 odd. You got lucky with the scoring of those rookies.

What im saying is by having 600k in the bank you could have had Birchall from the start anyway, instead you will be wasting trades by picking him up it puts you behind the 8 ball.

You also dont have C.Smith a required rookie 79 in 3qtrs of footy against the eagles in a flogging.

Agreed ^^^^ if you are expecting to trade birchall in later, why not just grab him now, you will still have plenty of cash left for other upgrades

wow... unless you have injuries and no cover i wouldnt think you would be trading round 1. however i will be wiating to see myself as im a little worried about the midfield should magner not come up, jmac suspended and one of shiel or conigio not playing

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back