Toast Round 10 = Carlton 57-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta give respect to FAT JESUS the call on markov was a nice one he’s really cleaned up his kicking and decision making and held his own in some important 1v1’s the last few weeks he’s just playing his role perfectly and his speed is a real asset to the way we play hope he just keeps growing in confidence I think it might be hard to push him out on form atm

It’s time the club asked for a please explain from the afl. He’s being umpired diff. It’s bs
Don't worry about a letter to the AFL. Go straight to engaging a top notch lawyer and suing the AFL and umpiring department from neglecting their duty of care towards him.

As the umpires have a different set of rules for him and are singling him out by not punishing opponent actions, it allows every player in the comp to see him as fair game and not worry about consequences. The AFL and umpires are giving the green light for him to be concussed or worse.

But don't dare breath in the same direction as Curnow otherwise the whistle happy maggots go wild.

Pour yourself a nice glass of red/whisky

And enjoy while watching this :)

Oh. My. God.

I tried but couldn’t watch it. Was like gawping at a multi-car crash and getting in the way of the emergency services.

And they have so many different ways to do this:

keeping up with the kardashians no GIF by E!
I Cant Season 5 GIF by Ex On The Beach

In all seriousness - this was after all a game of AFL footy - Carlton were listless, limp, devoid of spirit. They played like they were under a spell. Or perhaps this is proof that karma really exists:😁

The sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.

There was a moment in the game I’ve seen not many (any?) notice, where Walsh was on the ground after being tackled, raised his hand to Cripps to pick him up off the ground and Cripps kinda sort of reached out to help him and just kinda…didn’t

To me that spoke volumes about where this team is at right now
Cripps is too busy trying to think of how to get another coach fired. Might be issues that go beyond coaching hey Crippa

It's post-match threads like this I miss bringoutthegimp. He'd be loving this. RIP you legend.
Somewhere in that great gig in the sky he's giving it all to the Carlton board, heard he's racked up quite the few Day's Off

Carlton should be a decent side.

They’ve got the reigning Brownlow medalist. They’ve got two Coleman medalists playing for them. Sam Walsh promised to be a generational player.

Yeah, we’ve got Darcy Moore, but let’s not forget Jacob Weitering had similar hype around him early career.

And say what you like about Adam Saad, but he was a far highly prized recruit than own equivalent position - Johnny f**king Noble who we picked up in the mid season draft for the price of one of Dave’s discarded twistees packets.

Adam Cerra was a highly fancied trade who they gave up a pick 6 for. Say what you like about Jack Silvagni, but he’s done a hell of a lot more than Will Kelly has.

Both us and them sacked our coach a couple years ago. We got first dibs and they got second on coaches of similar provenance - Brisbane’s triple Premiership team. They got the captain with previous senior coaching experience. We got the school teacher with development experience.

Both our clubs are at similar stages and on paper they should be better, a lot better.

End of last year we only beat them by a point. And yeah, we played finals and they didn’t, but eventhough they missed out playing finals by 0.6%, their percentage was still better than ours.

It was possible to imagine that with a different draw and different luck, Carlton could turn the tables and be a better team than us. The start of the season gave them hope, drawing a game with recent premiers, and going on a nice winning streak to start things off.

They then lost a bunch of tough games to drop out of the top 4. Sundays game was the nail in the coffin. Their superior list wasn’t playing anywhere near as well as us. They should be better but they’re not. They’re not terrible, as in North Melbourne terrible. They’re just … mediocre.

I watched the North game on the weekend and I reckon the Kangaroos have got an exciting future to look forward to. Pretty soon Carlton will be faced with comparing themselves to North and have them pass them by.

Oh the indignity? Nah, not really, it’s just business as usual for Carlton. The last two decades they’ve hovered between mediocre and shithouse.

Remember when they recruited Malthouse, our recently departed Premiership coach to great fanfare? They ended with a wooden spoon three years later

Remember when they recruited the up and coming coach in Bolton? Another Wooden Spoon.

And they’re heading in that direction again now …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton’s coaching appointing disaster was two fold and it all ultimately comes down to Carlton still running their club like it’s 1979

1) They weren’t going to let Ross Lyon dictate terms and make them “look weak”

2) After telling Ross to piss off, they “needed” a big name. Voss was all there was available
Contrast that to the Collingwood approach:
Thorough research of all applicants, then apply stringent criteria to narrow the choice.
Select the candidate that best fits the selection criteria - no picking on "name".

We made the best possible choice.
Fly isn't a "name" like some of his former teammates, but he did a great apprenticeship (something Bucks should have done).
He was the guy who organised the Brisbane end of season trips.

I believe I read that the only team Carlton have beaten in the last 6 games is the eagles 😂
Correct

Michael Voss also said they'd use that win as a platform for the rest of their season lol

Imagine using a win over a VFL team as a "platform for your season".

Lol. I discovered the blue abroad YouTube channel after our 4 point win over them last year. The malicious pleasure I take in their pain has made me a regular viewer.
The channel could lose a lot of lurking subscribers if Carlton ever become decent.

I can’t enjoy that, love the melt, love the despair but the whinging is just sad.

”Sidebottom the odious w***er was laughing at our players”, keep the laughs coming Carlton, you do it to yourselves.

”Carlton are merchants of false hope”

”this is the death of this group”

lol you supporters

I don’t really watch Carlton games. Is Curnow always umpired like that? Now wonder he’s leading the Coleman. The way he’s umpired vs Ginni is a ******* disgrace.
As someone that watches too much footy (most weeks 6+ matches) I’d say yes and no. The free kicks that resulted in goals were 100% there, but yesterday was more about how Carlton played than anything umpire related (for Curnow that is). They were never kicking a winning score by playing 90’s footy and bombing it long I50.

Our defenders one on one are “handsy” and push the boundaries on defending within the rules. When there’s that many high balls and Curnow is targeted so often he’s always going to get free kicks.

I’m catching up on the second half now (the Sunday arvo games are killing me) and ten mins in I can already see how good our game management is. I didn’t love our second half of the second quarter and thought a few meat and veg types got lairy, but we had them by the time Mihocek popped his 1st through which capped a run of 10 Collingwood possessions resulting in 3 goals. Building the depth of the squad is the next tick box because we’re tracking nicely on the win front.

That's the one difference between this team and the 2010 team. I felt like that 2010 team was able to put 4 quarters together far more often and absolutely obliterate teams, rather than taking the foot off the peddle and relaxing for a quarter or two. It would be nice to see us string together full 4 quarter efforts more consistently, especially now that we have a much softer fixture.
I reckon you’re thinking of the 2011 team. We ruled that year. 2010 we had a very flaky first half until we rallied from the bye to finals.

I can’t enjoy that, love the melt, love the despair but the whinging is just sad.

”Sidebottom the odious w***er was laughing at our players”, keep the laughs coming Carlton, you do it to yourselves.

”Carlton are merchants of false hope”

”this is the death of this group”

lol you supporters

While I've pretty consistently stood by their list, I'm coming to the realisation their list is very much like the St.Kilda list from 09/10.

Pretty damn strong Top 10 that falls off a cliff in the cold light of day after that.

Combine that with dented confidence and a poor coach and it's a recipe for disaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back