Round 10 - Essendon v Geelong @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bombers are shocking and are now feeling the pinch of the WADA appeal, it has definitely weighed them down and morale must be rock bottom, because we are no great shakes. The Cats travel to Adelaide next week and like all Cats they hate traveling. We'll get thumped!

iCE49KJGLCA8t.gif

lmao, I just saw what's on the chicks hat.

Where do you reckon the lube's being prepped for?

The Bombers are shocking and are now feeling the pinch of the WADA appeal, it has definitely weighed them down and morale must be rock bottom, because we are no great shakes. The Cats travel to Adelaide next week and like all Cats they hate traveling. We'll get thumped!

Yeah, but I'll be in a box on the 50m line for my first live game since round 22, 2010, :D.

The list IS the problem. It is the overrating of the list that has caused Essendon to draft in players like Cooney, Gwilt, etc when you could have easily gone to the draft and picked another 2 players. It was a classic case of thinking your list is a top 4 one, it isn't. Barely a top 8 list (and that is generous)

Its 30% list and 70% sir Hird.
a key example is his "coaching" from the sideline.
he started this shit after the freo game, for what reason? apparently "communication" because being down at the sideline losing stat sheets, direct communication with the rest of the coaching staff, losing an overview of the game, etc ,etc. is a fine trade off to "communicate" with players directly.

Any other coach who simply wanted to talk directly to players would prefer all that info in front of him so that he can make the best decisions in conjunction with the rest of the coaching staff, just rings the phone at the bench and says put X on.

its just another fine example of hirds mateship with the players distracting from actually coaching. he wants to be a mate hang out, have a good time. The only times you see coaches at the bench these days is either late in a qtr when no instructions are going to make a difference so they come down early.
Someones injured or there's an issue with phones (eg: its a shitty regional stadium that doesn't have them and sometimes doesn't even have a box)

Coaching from the sidelines blinds you as a coach, he wasn't up in the box talking over decisions, he effectively put the plane on auto pilot. The only team essendon have beaten after he implemented this "great" decision is the bloody lions!

The Bombers are shocking and are now feeling the pinch of the WADA appeal, it has definitely weighed them down and morale must be rock bottom...
that is nonsense. Heaps of people get investigated every day of the week and I am yet to speak or hear of an innocent person that has been weighed down by it. If they are guilty stuff em, if they are innocent it will be water off a ducks back.

that is nonsense. Heaps of people get investigated every day of the week and I am yet to speak or hear of an innocent person that has been weighed down by it. If they are guilty stuff em, if they are innocent it will be water off a ducks back.

Yeah but getting told your cleared after years of stress and then a few weeks later finding out that Wada is appealing would have been a massive kick in the guts to the players that's probably what's frustrating them I say.

They had the relief of the investigation being over and now it is back on again, c'mon get real, they are mentally drained. It's run through the whole club, their year is over and they may not win another game?

TIme for Hird to go on another Study trip I think to crawl into a hiding spot until the scrutiny on him dies down a bit. Also he will need all the qualifications he can get in his next job after th Geelong Game. Seeing him on TV it reminded me of a movie what was it called Clueless. Had the same tan and hair do as Alicia Silverstone. In VISA terms priceless. IS Hird the next Bruce Jenner ?

Missed most of the game last night, only able to tune in right towards the end.

I was pretty annoyed that all the post-match and Sunday morning commentary was about how crap Essendon were. Yeah, no credit for Geelong playing well, guys?

But I am watching the replay of the first half. I get it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be blunt here. Worst game I have ever seen Essen don play. The effort was insipid.

The only highlights I could find were the efforts of Colyer (again - must be a chance at the best and fairest), Hooker (Hawkins had to get the ball given the lack of pressure going in) and the kids Kavanagh and Fantasia, who both did enough to play next week. Particularly Kavanagh who had a point to prove last night and did so.

Going to be blunt here. Worst game I have ever seen Essen don play. The effort was insipid.

The only highlights I could find were the efforts of Colyer (again - must be a chance at the best and fairest), Hooker (Hawkins had to get the ball given the lack of pressure going in) and the kids Kavanagh and Fantasia, who both did enough to play next week. Particularly Kavanagh who had a point to prove last night and did so.

Even though he didn't kick straight which was pretty bad, I thought Daniher was alright considering the midfield and forward entries were woeful.

1.4, 15 possies and 8 marks. Could've easily had 3-4 goals in the first and 4-5 goals to end the game.

Even though he didn't kick straight which was pretty bad, I thought Daniher was alright considering the midfield and forward entries were woeful.

1.4, 15 possies and 8 marks. Could've easily had 3-4 goals in the first and 4-5 goals to end the game.

Couldn't question the endeavour by joey all night.

I was a bit worried in the first quarter. He was getting on the end of a few too many passes. Good thing like Casboult he's suspect with his goal kicking at times.

I was a bit worried in the first quarter. He was getting on the end of a few too many passes. Good thing like Casboult he's suspect with his goal kicking at times.

Yep, he had the same amount of scoring shots as Geelong in the first and I thought, "here we go, he's about to kick like 6.5 on us", but then after that every thing just went bad for Essendon and he couldn't get the ball when it mattered because of it.

Its 30% list and 70% sir Hird.
a key example is his "coaching" from the sideline.
he started this shit after the freo game, for what reason? apparently "communication" because being down at the sideline losing stat sheets, direct communication with the rest of the coaching staff, losing an overview of the game, etc ,etc. is a fine trade off to "communicate" with players directly.

Any other coach who simply wanted to talk directly to players would prefer all that info in front of him so that he can make the best decisions in conjunction with the rest of the coaching staff, just rings the phone at the bench and says put X on.

its just another fine example of hirds mateship with the players distracting from actually coaching. he wants to be a mate hang out, have a good time. The only times you see coaches at the bench these days is either late in a qtr when no instructions are going to make a difference so they come down early.
Someones injured or there's an issue with phones (eg: its a shitty regional stadium that doesn't have them and sometimes doesn't even have a box)

Coaching from the sidelines blinds you as a coach, he wasn't up in the box talking over decisions, he effectively put the plane on auto pilot. The only team essendon have beaten after he implemented this "great" decision is the bloody lions!
To be fair, there is probs nothing written on the stats sheet in any case, because it is Essendon and they don't write stuff down.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 10 - Essendon v Geelong @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back