Autopsy Round 12, 2024: Hawks stone the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the racism incident that Mitchell was referring to in his post match presser?

Joirno asked Sam about an incident involving someone racially abusing one of our players on social media.

What a bloody luxury he was. Feel like Chol is the closest we've come to replacling him in terms of that goal kicking, ruck relief role.
It may not look like it at times , but Chol is really putting in some selfless efforts to provide support for his teammates. You won’t see the gut busting running he does on Tv.

I know some expect more from croc but have a good look at him up close, we forget how ' Young' some of these kids are! Need to relax a bit when things aren't going our way. I for one, think opposite, playing a high half frwd role, linking up between the arcs and at the same time asked to hit the scoreboard! Not easy. Coming along nicely for a 21 year old .
Remember, analyse his game as a half frwd not a inside/ outside mid. That's when perspective can help.

I assume champion data doesn't rate blocks which is something that I see Croc doing often to allow team mates time and space. He's coming along nicely.

It was weird. The way he spoke it sounded like it was one of our own (or one pretending to be) doing the vilifying.
One of our players copped a barrage of racial abuse, presumably during the game on social media from a or multiple hawks supporters. Player was pretty upset after game. Disgusting stuff.

One of our players copped a barrage of racial abuse, presumably during the game on social media from a or multiple hawks supporters. Player was pretty upset after game. Disgusting stuff.

It's disgusting. Hopefully the people will be identified.

Thankfully bigfooty is well policed. Some great Hawthorn mods who call it out. I know it happens a lot more in here than i realised. A lot of it with some spineless individuals catting about using supposedly cleverly veiled comments.

It may not look like it at times , but Chol is really putting in some selfless efforts to provide support for his teammates. You won’t see the gut busting running he does on Tv.
Chol is just about the best relief ruck in the game right now. We lose nothing at the clearances and he creates his own havoc. Had a tremendous impact on the game regardless of his stats. Defensively he was brutal. Clearly he wants to make the most of his 3rd chance at the level and we are benefitting from it right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All while our backline is working beautifully too. Their ability not only to defend oppsition inside 50s but rebound with precision has become regulation over the past month
They got caught out in the 2nd half a bit too frequently for my liking. Crows got a few easy transition goals because we were a bit asleep back there. Pressure up the ground was decent so wasn't entirely the midfields fault. Watching from my position there was ample time to set up on position but we were far too aggressive and paid for it. Only criticism I had from yesterday. Could have been from fatigue but I hope Sam and the coaching group knuckle down on the areas we got exposed in and we get better across the full game. Offensively couldn't be happier.

Chol is just about the best relief ruck in the game right now. We lose nothing at the clearances and he creates his own havoc. Had a tremendous impact on the game regardless of his stats. Defensively he was brutal. Clearly he wants to make the most of his 3rd chance at the level and we are benefitting from it right now.
Some of the work he did rucking was brillant, being able to not only leverage his height but athleticism to win the ball and take it out of the centre. I almost wish we subbed Reeves in the last keeping Dear on to keep providing a tall target/crashing packs and then have Chol pinch hitting in the ruck bringing him more into the game.

Not sure well he would of gone for the whole QTR but it certainly seemed a tantlising prospect.

Saw most of the final quarter live. Watched the full replay last night.

Not enough being said about Scrimshaw's first quarter in particular. What a player he's becoming.

Chol had a far better game to the naked eye than his stats suggest. Also stiff to be goalless yesterday after Calsher's kick bounced through. Was going to be a free kick to Mabs from 15 metres out.

The manic pressure is what stood out the most. This was a team who suddenly appear to be firing on all cylinders. It doesn't feel like a flash dawn either. It feels sustainable!

Thought a crowd of 36 000 was disappointing though.
Even if was a neutral in Melbourne I probably would have gone to this game.

4 were busy in the hawks game.
Hill was in Perth.
That leaves Cyril, Birchall, Lakey, Poppy and Burgoyne absent

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
All but one live interstate

As far as I know the only one who is estranged is Cyril. Lake has had his personal issues post footy.

I must say that I like the updated HTB interpretation. And would add felt that overall we were more prepared for it then the Crows. Kudos to the coaches for adapting early.
Has definitely improved the game for the fans. I was a bit grumpy about a few of them - eg. the Crows third goal where our defender picked the ball up and was immediately tackled... ie. if you can be done for HTB with no opportunity at all, where's the incentive to be first to the ball. But it's still way better to see tackling get rewarded. Probably just need to make sure they keep a good balance.

It’s always interesting listening to the media and how they speak depends on whether you’re a media darling or on the outer

Listening to SEN talk about Ginni yesterday was enraging me - they went on and on about how selfish he is, needs to stop with the antics and concentrate on playing football, that he is all about himself - I just don’t get the hate.

I'm not sure about the new holding the ball 'amendment' like everybody else is.

Jai getting a classic Jai Newcombe handball out to a team mate while being tackled but being pinged for 'taking too long' absolutely infuriated me.

Might take away one of his strengths.

Seamus dead stiff twice yesterday too.

Saw most of the final quarter live. Watched the full replay last night.

Not enough being said about Scrimshaw's first quarter in particular. What a player he's becoming.

Chol had a far better game to the naked eye than his stats suggest. Also stiff to be goalless yesterday after Calsher's kick bounced through. Was going to be a free kick to Mabs from 15 metres out.

The manic pressure is what stood out the most. This was a team who suddenly appear to be firing on all cylinders. It doesn't feel like a flash dawn either. It feels sustainable!

Thought a crowd of 36 000 was disappointing though.
Even if was a neutral in Melbourne I probably would have gone to this game.
Had a cold otherwise would have been there. Gutted - would have been awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 12, 2024: Hawks stone the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back