Round 16 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Sunday 10th July 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to see us beating your blokes on Sunday with the form you are in. TBH most bulldogs supporters were thrilled to see such an improved performance last week....but it is tempered by the fact it was Melbourne afterall.

Cooney and Griffen are the keys. Reduce their effectiveness and you should win comfortably. Griffen has become an elite mid fielder and Cooney finally returned to his explosive best on Friday.....just lacks full fitness.

Looking forward to the match just to see if we really have turned the corner but expect a loss of around 4 goals. Realistic more than pessimistic. The blues have been impressive this season as much as it annoys me.

Hoping for a hard fought game with a coasting win in the second half (so we can rotate important players late). .. We need to sharpen up for the following week's game and even a loss wouldn't hurt us in that respect. .. However a loss would hurt our top 4 prospects, so it is just as important not to drop this game. ..

Blues by 30pts this week. ..

I was worried about North as well zee, but watched the second half of their game yesterday, and they continued to bomb it long to Petrie who had 2-3 players on him all the time. If you can keep Harvey, Petrie and Wells at least contained, you beat North. Pretty simple.

Back to our game this week, it's a must win game as West Coast have got a hardish month coming up, and would be good to put some space between us and them should Geelong bounce back this Friday night.

I'd really like to see the Dogs challenge us this weekend. Smashing are good fun but earning a hard-fought win against a decent side is the perfect preparation for the game against Collingwood.

Carlton by 15.

Difficult game as some of their big guns are finding form. The question i have who will play on BARRY. IF HE GETS HOLD OF US ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. Bring back Duiggan and Curnow! outs i dont know!

Unless there is some injury/fitness issue that we are unaware of, White will be the only out.

Duigan is a certain in, if he is fit.

If not, it could be any of Armfield, Austin, Bower, McLean, O'Keefe

I was worried about North as well zee, but watched the second half of their game yesterday, and they continued to bomb it long to Petrie who had 2-3 players on him all the time. If you can keep Harvey, Petrie and Wells at least contained, you beat North. Pretty simple.

Back to our game this week, it's a must win game as West Coast have got a hardish month coming up, and would be good to put some space between us and them should Geelong bounce back this Friday night.
I am not as worried about those 3 players as much as I would be worried about our mindset approaching games like these, if we bring an attitude like we did against the Eagles anyone can beat us. We ourselves are our biggest danger to consolidating our top 4 position!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that this is the WB's preview thread but I thought I'd let you know that Dawes will miss a month with a broken nuckle and will obviously miss the game against us. Good news considering we will still be without Jamo.

Que one week at a time posts. ;)

I know that this is the WB's preview thread but I thought I'd let you know that Dawes will miss a month with a broken nuckle and will obviously miss the game against us. Good news considering we will still be without Jamo.

Que one week at a time posts. ;)

It has been mentioned in a couple of other threads that Dawes will miss between 4-6 weeks.

Leigh Brown can go forward to cover for Dawes & the Pies have other options as well.

If Duigan is 100% fit this week, then only 1 change ...

In: Duigan
Out: White (hamstring)

sounds like Lake will not be troubling us
Where'd you hear that BG?

Lindsay Thomas ?? :p

No crack here, Thy :D

Just feel that Russell and Zac play a similar role, and Zac has more upsdie, tougher, longer and better kick.

JR is clearly below where he was this time last year, and I suspect the surgery he had during the offseason put him way behind the 8-ball, and he is struggling to catch up. What has helped him has been the inclusions of Duigan, Laidler and Touhy, but I can't see him making way for Duigan so Zac can stay in the side.

FB: Duigan, Thornton, Russell
HB: Laidler, Henderson, Yarran
C: Simpson, Robinson, Scotland
HF: Garlett, Waite, Gibbs
FF: Betts, Kruezer, Walker
R: Warnock, Murphy, Judd

I/C: Carrazzo, Ellard, Houlihan Touhy(s)

In; Duigan
Out; White

Can't wait for Sunday, although the Dogs haven't really been that great this year I still see them as a dangerous opponent. They can pay some good football when on. I think our biggest worry is Bazza. He's clearly the player who could trouble us the most. He has a good record against us and kicked 7 against last year from. We really need to cut off the supply to him. They aren't blessed with pace the Dogs so I really do think we can expose them in that area. If we can apply the same pressure we have for most of the year then we should have a good win. But it's def a danger game for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 16 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Sunday 10th July 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back