Autopsy Round 17, 2019: Hawks defeat Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t seen the game yet. Heard a bit on the radio, when Timmy took his hanger.

Will be watching the replay tonight, but it’s great to read that Worpel, Hodgey, Ollie, Nash and others brought the heat.

Tassie games are always worse to watch, so keeping that in mind there were so many good things to see.

Lewis is so good to watch.

Was also good to see another game where the opposition weren't marking all our long bombs inside 50. It's the noticeable difference between our wins and our losses.

Generally Tassie games are a struggle, however, last weeks first 3 quarters at the MCG matched and bettered any horrible Tassie match with ease! As have many other games this year.

I will be really disappointed if one of Hanrahan, Nash, or Lewis gets dropped for Gunston as the latter has had a very ordinary year.
It's starting to get very interesting the current list now to watch the young fellas developing and now with Wingard back in - they need lots
of games instead of being dropped like a hot potato...
Re: Birchall - when he started to pass/kick again with that distinctive left foot off one-step drop punt - waves of nostalgia kicked in...

I will be really disappointed if one of Hanrahan, Nash, or Lewis gets dropped for Gunston as the latter has had a very ordinary year.
It's starting to get very interesting the current list now to watch the young fellas developing and now with Wingard back in - they need lots
Re: Birchall - when he started to pass/kick again with that distinctive left foot off one-step drop punt - waves of nostalgia kicked in...
Unfortunately it probably be Nash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish people could appreciate that Gunstons “ordinariness” has been as a result of having to play while injured.

Supporters seem to very quickly forget what a very good player he has been for us and still has some good football ahead of him

Agreed, Hasn't played fit all year anyone who thinks he has is on more drugs than Bomber Thompson.
who thinks he has is on more drugs than Bomber Thompson. dead.

translated.

Young guys coming along very nicely . Just need to be a bit patient with them.
Don’t tell the rest of the comp or the media ....., we don’t have any quality youth remember 🤭

Thought it was a great sign they came at us , we held and then were able to go away . Showed great resolve . Good sign for the side and showed belief .

Only concern for mine is Worpel ....... I’m mean seriously Brendan Goddard should be handing his accreditation in !

Fairly simple.

Howe out
Gunston in
Howe has never stopped Dangerfield so no point with it.

Parkin pretty negative about the Hawks post match.

Seems like he just looked at the stats sheet and pointed out Hawthorn's oldest players, in Burgoyne, Frawley, and Henderson. Didn't like Scully's game.
I heard him on the radio on the way home after the game, and thought exactly the same. Didn't hardly have a kind word to say about the Hawks

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 17, 2019: Hawks defeat Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back