Preview Round 18, 2018: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIES MATCH 3*, Etihad Stadium, Friday 20th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • Tigers

Votes: 65 64.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The obvious change is Webster missing with the groin problem, and Ross coming back in after illness.

Otherwise it’s bloody difficult to work out any other moves.

Who would be the options for omission?

Weller, who’s been putrid pretty much all year, had a so-so 15 touches, but did kick a goal and had a strong 7 tackles.

Lonie did absolutely nothing to hurt himself a huge 9 tackles to go with 13 touches and 1.2.

Newnes kicked three in his new role.

Rice only had the 18 touches, but was calm and composed down back, and will most likely be the direct replacement for Webster.

Phillips was good with 21 touches, despite some sometimes iffy disposal.

Clark buzzed around a bit but didn’t get a huge amount of the ball. Just screams class and poise though.

McKenzie’s 13 touches would arguably have him in the gun, but he’s been very much solid since breaking back into the side and deserves some credits in the bank.

Who potentially comes in?

Acres was in strong form before his injury, and dominated the VFL on reduced minutes last week. Would have to be close.

Freeman is banging down the door, and would be a huge feel-good story, but with the Tigers losing to GWS they’ll be out for blood, and it may not be a great time for his debut.

Battle has been a revelation since getting the call up, and his aggression at the man and ball, mobility and straight kicking adds a dangerous element to our forward line alongside Membrey and Marshall.

Paton has been a named emergency 1,387 times this season, and has to be close to finally getting a guernsey. Has versatility as a midfield or defensive option.

One change is a given, but I reckon Hunter might be due a spell for the GOAT.

So;

OUT: Webster (inj.), Clark (rest)
IN: Ross Acres

FB: Geary - Gilbert - Rice
HB: McKenzie - Carlisle - Ross
RK: Hickey - Steven - Armitage
CR: Sinclair - Steele - Billings
HF: Newnes - Membrey - Acres
FF: Weller - Marshall - Gresham
IC: Dunstan Lonie Phillips Savage

Em: Battle Freeman Paton
I understand being cautious with Freeman but if he’s seen as being in the best 22 this week you don’t protect him from playing against the Tigers?!

We could play him against anyone and get smashed that’s footy... we played Essendon last season and we were going better than them at that stage and got done by what like 10 goals?

If he’s ready he’s in, regardless of the opposition, although not ideal... unfortunately the match committee had the perfect opportunity last week and chose not to.

I understand being cautious with Freeman but if he’s seen as being in the best 22 this week you don’t protect him from playing against the Tigers?!

We could play him against anyone and get smashed that’s footy... we played Essendon last season and we were going better than them at that stage and got done by what like 10 goals?

If he’s ready he’s in, regardless of the opposition, although not ideal... unfortunately the match committee had the perfect opportunity last week and chose not to.
If you think he is in our best 22 well we have got issues , Tell me who he replaces

If you think he is in our best 22 well we have got issues , Tell me who he replaces
He’s a top 10 pick mate lol... nobody thinks Nathan Wright is in our best 22 but he plays?!

And how do we know if Freeman isn’t he hasn’t played yet?! This is my whole point..... we have to find out.

We’re 15th on the ladder mate we’ve got plenty of issues!

2019 Best 22:
FB: Geary - Brown - Roberton
HB: Savage - Carlisle - Webster
C: Sinclair - Steele - Acres
HF: Billings - Battle - Gresham
FF: Long - Membrey - Marshall
R: Hickey - Armitage - Steven
I: Ross - Dunstan - Newnes - Clark

Depth chart:
KD: Austin, Gilbert, Goddard, Joyce, Claravino
GD: Rice, McKenzie, White, Coffield
Mids: Stevens, Phillips, Paton, Freeman, Langlands
R: Longer, Pierce
KF: Bruce, McCartin
GF: Weller, Lonie, Minchington, Connellan, Wright

He’s a top 10 pick mate lol... nobody thinks Nathan Wright is in our best 22 but he plays?!

And how do we know if Freeman isn’t he hasn’t played yet?! This is my whole point..... we have to find out.
It doesn't matter what number he went in the draft mate lol , That was a long time ago and a lot has changed since then , Paddy was a number 1 pick and whats he worth now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The defensive match ups seem to throw out a few questions
Who takes Riewoldt -Gilbert/Carlisle or does Carlisle try and play as a +1
What if Carlisle doesn't play who comes in?
Who takes Caddy?
Who goes to Higgins
Castagna? Does DMAC go to him
Who does Geary try to negate?
Who takes Martin when he goes forward.
Some interesting discussions coming up at the selection table

It doesn't matter what number he went in the draft mate lol , That was a long time ago and a lot has changed since then , Paddy was a number 1 pick and whats he worth now
You literally just proved my point.... paddy’s played we know his worth... we have no idea about Freeman and we traded for him. You have to see what you have in him?! Especially when he’s healthy and performing.

Does anyone know if Acres played reduced minutes yesterday? I would be surprised if he played the full game and then was brought in off a 5 day turn, especially since groins can re-flair up with increased load.

The defensive match ups seem to throw out a few questions
Who takes Riewoldt -Gilbert/Carlisle or does Carlisle try and play as a +1
What if Carlisle doesn't play who comes in?
Who takes Caddy?
Who goes to Higgins
Castagna? Does DMAC go to him
Who does Geary try to negate?
Who takes Martin when he goes forward.
Some interesting discussions coming up at the selection table

-Gilbert to Jumping Jack.
-Maybe Brown if he's better.
-Savage to take Caddy.
-D-Mac to Higgins.
-Geary to nullify Rioli.
-If Webster gets up he takes Castagna, if not maybe Rice?
-Ross on Dusty if he's back.

That's just me though.

I want to see the Freezer play!
fly-tipped-fridge-freezer-picture-id172761744

-Gilbert to Jumping Jack.
-Maybe Brown if he's better.
-Savage to take Caddy.
-D-Mac to Higgins.
-Geary to nullify Rioli.
-If Webster gets up he takes Castagna, if not maybe Rice?
-Ross on Dusty if he's back.

That's just me though.
I can't wait for the commentary team to spend the whole game being nauseating over Rioli standing on the ground while Gresham kicks 6 and only gets a "well he's a handy player".

Hey everyone

If you are going to the match on Friday and happen to be in the ground early enough, please sing along with You'll Never Walk Alone as loudly as you can?

If we are serious about creating a "in-game" experience, there are few things we could do that would be as effective as adopting this as our alternative song pre-match.

Don't forget that Liverpool FC stole it from Celtic, and a number of other soccer clubs sing it before games as well.

Or, if you prefer, we can "drink it through". At least that was "original".

End communication.

YNWA

You literally just proved my point.... paddy’s played we know his worth... we have no idea about Freeman and we traded for him. You have to see what you have in him?! Especially when he’s healthy and performing.
No i didn't but if you think so good for you , You were saying because he was a top 10 pick that he should be in our best 22 , he was very tallented once but i fear for him that is
I want to see the Freezer play!
fly-tipped-fridge-freezer-picture-id172761744
Looks more like a fridge than a Freezer to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back