Autopsy Round 19 Richmond vs GWS - Roast, Toast & Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

if you actually watched it, he doesn't make contact with his head. It's a glancing blow to the back of his neck. 2 weeks max.
The old clip across the ear is hardly worth 2 weeks but mabe he should get 1 week for doing it when the gws player had his back to him(yes a bit cowardly from Reece )seemed very little force behind it so no way should b 2 imo

I love Petterd's attack on the footy, he deserves to keep his spot in the 22.
His work rate in the forward line was really impressive! Also he is leading the Tiges in average tackles this year. Definitely in our best 22.

Martin's finally copping a hard tag as well. Which means Lids has one less hard tag to deal with.

We're reaping the rewards!
Martin was carrying soreness. Dimma said it in his press conference!

What Conca did was a disgrace

outside play

behind the man

and a hit that could have potentially cause great hard

nothing nice I can say about it, and very disappointed in him

he's better than that

Yep of the sunday FS they showed what happened by I think he may have got some hands in the face at the end of that, which might indicate why he reacted the way he did.
Didn't see that bit from the top of the southern stand :p

But yet again we should have got a free and retaliated. Ahhh well Grigg comes in and we match on.

I reckon Conca succumbed to that hit because he was embarrassed. To get 'rag dolled' like he did by a younger, shorter and lighter gws player, of all teams, he needed revenge. He was outraged and had to make a statement. The statement he made will embarrass him far more than if he just walked away. I can somewhat sympathise with his actions due to a vocal mainly tiger crowd (pretty small at that) witnessing him being thrown around and him needing to show his authority. Embarrassment and anger do stupid things to people. Probably 3 weeks for cowardice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boring game, no intensity at all. Four points I guess and we'll be up next week, hopefully. Conca has given the media and oppo supporters something to feel superior about again, I'll ignore most of the hyperbole and overreaction, Reece will cop his right whack and internally he will be spoken to.

boys did enough to get the points. I think a lot of the planning was looking ahead to Bombers. I swore I wouldn't but checked the Conca thread on the main board, jesus they're calling for everything short of the yard arm. inexcusable but wow not the worse thing ive ever seen.

Conca also got hit in the face from this swing

Umpires only have to do their jobs properly...paying the free kicks both to Ty and Conca...no retaliation...problem solved...simples...
But oh no....they see the game differently...
How hard can it be...

It's so frustrating. Yes what Vickery and Conca have done is shithouse but if the umps did the right thing and paid the prior free kicks the retribution would never happen. The umpire at the west coast game simply said "Deano, no." when he elbowed TV in the chest. Two umps sat there a watched Devon Smith swing at Conca under his jumper and try to pull his clothes off and did nothing.

They talk about "I don't want to see this as part of our game" the best way to cut it out is pay the effing first free!

Have to say I don't really buy all these arguments about blokes playing in non preferred positions or away from where the played junior footy.
How many blokes do you reckon were gun full backs,back pockets or taggers etc as juniors???
None.
Nah, you're wrong.
We need to look at other clubs. My favourite example is Ben Rutten. Champion fullback because he always played at FB.
Reid brothers another good example.

What did people think of Gordon's game? I reckon he's alright.

I reckon we wasted last years draft. Lennon the only one worth it. Not including the rookie draft.

Lloyd and Gordon need to do more as mature agers.

Nah, you're wrong.
We need to look at other clubs. My favourite example is Ben Rutten. Champion fullback because he always played at FB.
Reid brothers another good example.
I reckon you would agree that 99% of AFL Players spent their junior careers tallying huge numbers of disposals and kicking shit loads of goals.

I reckon you would agree that 99% of AFL Players spent their junior careers tallying huge numbers of disposals and kicking shit loads of goals.
Sorry, really should use the ;).
My favourite AFL stat for the play em in their position brigade is that Rutten's first 3 kicks in AFL were goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19 Richmond vs GWS - Roast, Toast & Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back