Autopsy Round 19 Richmond vs GWS - Roast, Toast & Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, really should use the ;).
My favourite AFL stat for the play em in their position brigade is that Rutten's first 3 kicks in AFL were goals
I wasnt sure if you were taking the piss or not!
That was against us wasn't it?
Or maybe I'm thinking of Bock?
I always got those two mixed up.

Gee Riewoldt is a pea heart when a good defender gets a hold of him.
More in the literal sense than not. Good defenders know the rules change when it comes to Riewoldt. They are allowed to hold and scrag as much as they like because whatever is happening in the contest it is always because 'Riewoldt is a petulant child/sook/etc = no free'.

The amount of shit he has to deal with from defenders is unbelievable. It's not just in the marking contest either, it starts way back when he's first trying to gain a break away.

And FWIW, he could've easily finished with 3 or 4 if he'd taken a few of those half chances that he normally does on every other day.

OK, started watching the replay.
I'm 2 minutes in.
Everything that is great and FFS about Griff in a minute.
Handball lobbed toward him, doesn't get near it, doesn't tackle the GWS player who took it:mad:
Then crunches a pack and feeds off as he goes to ground.

But I really hope people notice the selfish, immature Jack Riewoldt.
Axel tackles, Cotch goals.
Everyone streams to Cotch.
Not Jack. He's going to the guy who made the goal possible.

Need to have a light week on the track to freshen up a bit I think. Looked a bit flat after the WCE slog.... Did enough to win the game but as per usual played in bursts. Basically put the cue in the rack at half time, brought it out again for the last but after 3 mins and 2 goals, knew we'd done enough and put it away again.....

Happy with Griff's game first up in a while. Took some good clunks, competed well in the . Should play the whole season now.

Need to be prepared to run and pressure against the Bombers who love uncontested outside ball, they have good skills and if you give them time, they'll chop you up.

Outs: Conca (susp), Gordon (needs a full game so back to the VFL, not impacting as sub)
Ins: Grigg (I don't want him but he did do a lot of good work on Sat), McDonough

Lucky: Lloyd (he's still a dangerous forward, gives us an option but we do need more out of him). Thomas (so slow but with Conca out he stays to provide grunt)

What Conca did was a disgrace

outside play

behind the man

and a hit that could have potentially cause great hard

nothing nice I can say about it, and very disappointed in him

he's better than that

Was a dog act. This undisciplined crap needs to be stamped out if we are to be a fair dinkum serious contender. Very disappointing Reece.

Had a corporate box. Got smashed. Watched very little of the second half as I was bored shit less.

Tried a new drink that cost about $22 a glass. I'm at crown staring at a pokie machine. That escalated quickly.

What a day/night. Told the missus I'd be home for tea.....

Having a corporate box and being home for tea is just never going to happen unless you mean you will be home for tea on Tuesday.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say I don't really buy all these arguments about blokes playing in non preferred positions or away from where the played junior footy.
How many blokes do you reckon were gun full backs,back pockets or taggers etc as juniors???
None.
That's a fair point. I just think that he's got 2 positions where he's good at and we should try him there and then judge where he's at as a player.

I'd be inclined to perhaps give Arnot a shot or Helbig as Conca plays a pretty important role and there is an opportunity there for one of those guys to be the in and under guy.
I'll go with Arnot.
I'll take a stab at
In- Grigg,Arnot,McDonough
Out-Gordon,Conca,Lloyd

Article in today's Age. Journo has Conca going for 4, 3 with an early plea.
Sheesh.

MATCH REVIEW PANEL - ROUND 19 PREDICTIONSMarc Murphy (Carl) striking Ryan Crowley (Fre). No charge; insufficient impact.
Bryce Gibbs (Carl) striking Hayden Ballantyne (Fre). No charge; insufficient impact.
Reported: Reece Conca (Rich) striking Devon Smith (GWS). Intentional, high impact, high contact. 425 points (4 matches); 318.75 with guilty plea (3 matches). :drunk:
Dylan Roberton (StK) striking Matt Shaw (GC). Intentional, medium impact, high contact. Loading: Nil. 325 points (3 matches); 243.75 with guilty plea (2 matches).
Lindsay Thomas (NM) first offence misconduct for staging. Written reprimand.
Reported: Daniel Merrett (BL) striking Cam Pedersen (Melb). Reckless, medium impact, high contact. 225 up due to poor record and carry-over points to 371.17 (3 matches); 278.38 with guilty plea (2 matches).

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...oach-admits-20140803-zzzqq.html#ixzz39NRzvkzX

Last edited:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ood-richmond-coach-admits-20140803-zzzqq.html

Article in today's Age. Journo has Conca going for 4, 3 with an early plea.
Sheesh.

MATCH REVIEW PANEL - ROUND 19 PREDICTIONSMarc Murphy (Carl) striking Ryan Crowley (Fre). No charge; insufficient impact.
Bryce Gibbs (Carl) striking Hayden Ballantyne (Fre). No charge; insufficient impact.
Reported: Reece Conca (Rich) striking Devon Smith (GWS). Intentional, high impact, high contact. 425 points (4 matches); 318.75 with guilty plea (3 matches).
Dylan Roberton (StK) striking Matt Shaw (GC). Intentional, medium impact, high contact. Loading: Nil. 325 points (3 matches); 243.75 with guilty plea (2 matches).
Lindsay Thomas (NM) first offence misconduct for staging. Written reprimand.
Reported: Daniel Merrett (BL) striking Cam Pedersen (Melb). Reckless, medium impact, high contact. 225 up due to poor record and carry-over points to 371.17 (3 matches); 278.38 with guilty plea (2 matches).

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...oach-admits-20140803-zzzqq.html#ixzz39NRzvkzX
lol high impact

no wonder no one takes these guys seriously

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19 Richmond vs GWS - Roast, Toast & Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back