Autopsy Round 20, 2023 : Hawks stunned by Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

100% agree. He makes us almost unwatchable
Sam wants to play this attacking game through the corridor, it just beggars belief that he would keep playing Frost. He just contradicts everything we’re trying to do. He’s a joke. He was laughing after have the overturned free kick. That was the biggest momentum killer. We were coming with a rush. Can’t stand him, and I’m starting to get pissed off with Sam for picking him now.

Ok, this is not the forum for me to get into an extended discussion but you know how other teams fans underestimate your up and coming players?
At least we can watch some of our premierships in colour.....

I’ve said it 50 times so I will make it 51.

Frost was axed from two clubs on the bottom because of his errors yet we continue to play him and everyone gets on here and says he is not our biggest problem.

Of course he is not the Lone Ranger but when you see the opposition laughing and the commentators making crude jokes about him then you know it’s time for a change.

How DGB cannot get a game in front of him while we are third bottom is beyond a
Joke.

Also Blanck should start every single week without fail.
Frost wasn’t axed. That’s complete BS.

He went from GWS to Melbourne with picks 40 and 53 in return for pick 23.

He then came to us in exchange for various picks when Melbourne had recruited May, and he played the full 22 games for Melbourne in his last season (2019).

We have been over our lack of draftees ad nauseum in the past 3-4 years - but we simply haven’t been able to recruit / draft a blue chip defensive monster. Sam has been serviceable, but there’s hardly much KPD quality banging down the door to replace him.

To suggest we got Frost after he was delisted by Melbourne is completely false.

Ok, this is not the forum for me to get into an extended discussion but you know how other teams fans underestimate your up and coming players?
Well this is a Hawthorn board and autopsy discussion so to be honest I really couldnt care what other supporters think.
So you can save time 👍

Kicked 93 points in a losing side just shows we’re on a the right track
If you believe that preventing the opposition scoring is a not relevant part of football - then yes, yes we are.

He then came to us in exchange for various picks when Melbourne had recruited May, and he played the full 22 games for Melbourne in his last season (2019).

We have been over our lack of draftees ad nauseum in the past 3-4 years - but we simply haven’t been able to recruit / draft a blue chip defensive monster. Sam has been serviceable, but there’s hardly much KPD quality banging down the door to replace him.

He is starting in front of Blanck while we are third bottom with 5 wins. No Hawthorn person can suggest that is smart.

Sam wants to play this attacking game through the corridor, it just beggars belief that he would keep playing Frost. He just contradicts everything we’re trying to do. He’s a joke. He was laughing after have the overturned free kick. That was the biggest momentum killer. We were coming with a rush. Can’t stand him, and I’m starting to get pissed off with Sam for picking him now.

At some point we will make the necessary changes to move forward. M

Why on earth would Blanck be a Sub?

We seem all over the shop atm at selection. Sam keeps saying Denver will be a really good defender but he kicks a bag playing forward for Box Hill.

Is Frost really keeping DGB out of the side as a defender? Surely not.

Frost is a 150 game liability to his team

Must go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear if I read one more person claim that we played Bramble over Scrimshaw I will spew up. Not really, but * me, does Karl Amon not exist?
Well it's been primarily done by one poster and he's done it multiple times in multiple threads.

Like a dog with a very foetid bone.

Try “Metres gained”
Meek - 5
Marshall - 258

Ned does little better mind you.

Neither of our rucks use the ball by foot to gain territory. Would be nice if that could change
It is funny watching ruckmen when they have the ball. So scared of kicking when a kick down the line to a big pack is actually a decent kick 90% of the time. So they hand ball to a player near them...who kicks the ball to that same pack

I didn’t mention Bruest so don’t put words in my mouth and we didn’t move Gunners on he left the club of his own account!
Wingard has been terrible until his
last 8 quarters of football and 2 of those quarters he went missing!
By your logic you must regret Jaeger and Tom leaving?
Look at what has happened!
I didn't put any words in your mouth. You said Wingard wasn't part of our future so we should trade him. Breust only has a year or two left, thus won't be part of our future either. Should we trade him now too?

Gunston left, doesn't matter how, no-one stepped up.

You keep claiming Wingard has only played 2 good games. You've ignored The Spirit of Cricket's post about how good he had been the last 5-6 weeks, the patches he played well in previous years and the 3rd placing in the PCM one year.

Our midfield wasn't working with Mitchell and O'Meara. They also weren't replaced by blokes yet to break into the side like Wingard would be. They are not the same.

We would've loved to have Ned Long out there in the middle, and Scrimshaw down back. Easy to say in hindsight. I thought Bramble and Mackenzie were really disappointing.

Autopsy Round 20, 2023 : Hawks stunned by Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back