Game Day Round 20 - Collingwood vs Sydney Swans Matchday Discussion (SCG - 7.50pm, Greenwood the sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memo to bucks.. Tell the boys to lower their eyes. Don't just bomb it in to 3 in 1's for Christ sake
Port game all over again, almost an exact repeat so far, slow start, fight back, then bomb it inside 50 every time.

Blair's kick to Cloke one on one showed what to do, kick it to a players advantage.

The Dogs have a coach though, we have a flog.
Buckley's not a coach.

But on those occasions the swans player had a pies player/players chasing them.

Id rather take the risk of them missing from 30m under pressure than just handpassing/kicking to a player over the top because we hav rushed up at him.

When the ball can be won
ie loose ball, yes it works, but when the player has it in his hands it rarely works. Beyond frustrating
yeah but staying with your man ends up in an easy shot. There's risk in both and an element of uncertainty. I guess that's why we see more of the over the top stuff these days.

Just get the mojo happening and keep applying pressure to the swans and we will be singing that chorus ova and ova again

Just imagine if we lower the eyes kicking inside 50 in the second half. Ok you can wake up now

Reid is not having a good game, but i love the way we are using him. Starting as a forward, but dropping back when we need cover.

I think if he regains full fitness then we can afford to drop a tall defender because we would always have reid to go back.

Cant help but noticing that the lowest possession getters in the field are marsh, brown, frost and toovey. Its like we have 4 guys who domt get the ball.

If we drop 2 of those guys for someone like scharenberg or goldsack, at least you have good users, and reid still backup.

Its all predicated om reid actually getting fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappoints me to see Fasolo play this like this. He only seems to perform and kick bags of goals against the weaker teams like Melbourne/Carlton. Needs to step up.

Port game all over again, almost an exact repeat so far, slow start, fight back, then bomb it inside 50 every time.

Blair's kick to Cloke one on one showed what to do, kick it to a players advantage.

Absolutely

We haven't looks like we haven't learnt much over the past seven weeks.

Pretty easy from he couch though

But on those occasions the swans player had a pies player/players chasing them.

Id rather take the risk of them missing from 30m under pressure than just handpassing/kicking to a player over the top because we hav rushed up at him.

When the ball can be won
ie loose ball, yes it works, but when the player has it in his hands it rarely works. Beyond frustrating

This this this.

It was so marginally late.
Committed to the ball in the air and then braced when he couldn't spoil.

Worth one only.
Nah. They got some weeks left from Cooney that they have to make up for.
3 weeks, 2 with plea.

The Dogs have a coach though, we have a flog.

Thats harsh. But what I will say is that Beveridge has them running & attacking. Kicking 120 points plenty of times. All with a young list & coaching in his first year. Sometimes I really struggle to watch whatever the hell it is we are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back