Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he gives a ‘vibe’. Hard to explain. Sort of the odd ball but you would be nice to him because you don’t know if he would attack you or not in the street.

Yeah, a bit like opposition posters who come into your board after they've won and post shit about your players. Is it because they are seriously deranged, and should be kept a wide berth of, or are they just mentally disabled and to be felt sorry for? In your case, I'm guessing the latter, but I'm not sure yet, so feel free to keep posting so we can remove all doubt.

Yeah, a bit like opposition posters who come into your board after they've won and post s**t about your players. Is it because they are seriously deranged, and should be kept a wide berth of, or are they just mentally disabled and to be felt sorry for? In your case, I'm guessing the latter, but I'm not sure yet, so feel free to keep posting so we can remove all doubt.
I’m going to cry now. Brb

- Nash enough experimenting .. he is not up to it

I felt that way when he was playing earlier in the year, but now that our season is closer to completely shot (despite still having a mathematical chance), we might as well continue with the experiment. Irish players are usually going to take a lot longer to come on, so I think it is still too early to call on him, and you can certainly see the physical attributes that have had the coaching staff persist with him thus far. Only reason I'd drop him is if we think there is another inexperienced player worth having a look at - and perhaps there is. Personally I'd give Poppy a rest if we want to have a look at another kid , Poppy is probably still better than our best kid is going to be, given how raw they'll be, but at this stage I don't see much point in playing Poppy in the rest of the games.

I think he's actually carried a massive load in the absence of Mitchell.

He gets the pill inside and wins clearances and tackles like a demon. He just gets worn down by weight of the burden.

He'd make a perfect captain IMO, especially if you add Mitchell and another in to the midfield. Perfect off field ambassador with the requisite toughness and thirst for the contest on it.

IMO he screams as the clear stand out captain in waiting.

Agree he has taken on a massive load which he has struggled with and has impacted his effectiveness and in particular his decision making. Unfortunately his body hasn't been able to deliver what his head tells / wants it to.

And yes, he'd make the perfect captain but I don't think he's worthy of it yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't expect him to be Sam Mitchell, I expect him to play closer to his ceiling like in the Geelong game.

That’s him having a blinder. Take em when you get em. You commented that he’s hot and cold but he’s actually very consistent.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

season officially over, would be nice to see a few games given to Ross and walker, wouldn’t mind seeing Moore finish off the year in the ones. With any luck we can finish 13th and finally get a decent draw next year, to go along with a decent draft pick

It’s sure a sour old autopsy board tonite... That game was pretty disappointing.

I think the last 6 weeks are a better guide to our future team than the last 3 quarters. Some of the more senior players haven’t really contributed much, but each week a few of the younger ones show the way. Wingard was the story tonite - we got something truly fantastic there. Worpel deserves a week off. So much heavy lifting this year.

A number of premiership players will finish up at end of year. Will be sad but part of the process.

Ugly for three quarters but we are doing ok.

Go Hawks.

I have a feeling Birch will be fine. Even if it is a hammy, I reckon he can find a spot in our list next year if he wants to play on, has been great the past 2 weeks he's played, and was probably our third best player in the first half. I think we all expected him to have a few fitness bumps after over 2 years of AFL injuries, and he doesn't look to have lost his skill at all. If he can find fitness again in the off-season, I'm calling Birchall as captain 2020, with Worpel and Gunston as Vices. I might be a little tipsy at the moment, but I feel like if he wasn't injured in 2017, Clarko would have made him skipper this year ahead of Stratton.

Just give cogs the $$$ we need him desperately,
Please nash never ever get another game for hawthorn IDGAF about u nash lovers he will never be good. Pure 🥔 shouldn’t be getting a game

I like zucchini, especially in a risotto, but I've tried cooking them in various ways and at best I can turn out some bland mush or something which could pass for burnt cucumber.
I have the perfect recipe for zucchini: Prepare a paste of 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1tsp of mixed spices, 2 tsps of butter, 1 tblsp of olive oil. Slice the zucchini lengthways and apply the paste liberally to both halves. Join the halves, wrap tightly in foil and bake at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes. After baking, remove the zucchini from the oven and throw it straight in the bin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back