Autopsy Round 21, 2024 : Hawks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah yes now I remember. Not controversial in the slightest.

Im a feminist, Im all for equality but **** she is an idiot.
I think in that match as well, she would mention every 2 minutes that Breust had played the most matches at York Park than any other player. I think you are being too harsh on idiots by saddling her with them!

Gutted and obviously unacceptable to lose from 29 points at 3/4 time but actually don't think we played that badly all up (thought we played pretty well!) so just gotta be philosophical about these things – just weren't meant to win...

Weddle on Hogan looked exactly like what it was, a boy playing on a man. I want Barrass just so we can utilise Weddle to his strengths.
Look at his goal, look at his line breaking runs, bring in Serong if we are a man short down back.
Hogan would be one of strongest forwards if not the strongest going around strange decision

Umpiring was appalling in the final quarter. Gave them momentum and we weren’t good enough to get it back. Uncharacteristically poor games from a few of best performers this season.

Disappointing we did nothing to quell Whitfield. Guy hates contact yet we let him run on his own. That is prob our finals chance gone unless we win out.
Perfect analysis this happens all too often they give the opposing ream a free goal and it destroys momentum and it happens all too often

I’ll say it again, Ward ain’t up to it. Has all the skill in the world but continually struggles to get decent possessions. Doesn’t deserve a game in front of maginess and McKenzie

We desperately need another quality mid who can step up when our primary mids struggle

We obviously need Barass but hate that we will probably give a top ten pick to get him across

Yeah I am extremely worried about Wardy. He looks absolutely terrified of any body contact and lacks pace.

CJ is also a major worry. He has been looked after since coming back from his injury with lots of game time but runs up and down on the spot and fumbles almost everything he goes near.

Losing two games in one season by giving up 4/5 goal leads at 3/4 time really isn't great TBH.

I think having Harry coming in on a sub halfway through the 3rd would have given us the extra run we needed to push through the last quarter.
Totally agree.

I have a vague recollection of Richmond doing that a few times before they went on their flag run too though. Coughed up a few leads, but learned from it

Gutted and obviously unacceptable to lose from 29 points at 3/4 time but actually don't think we played that badly all up (thought we played pretty well!) so just gotta be philosophical about these things – just weren't meant to win...
I thought there weren't many positives, even when we were 5 goals up. Shows where we ate going that it took so long for the giants to take the lead

Do the ladder predictor. It’s over.
Did you need a ladder predictor at round 5? The fact that a predictor is even a discussion point for us shows how far we have come.
Just calm the f down. We are building and it's happening if we play finals or not in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Ward was totally ineffectual. We can’t select a bloke who just gets a few possessions running into space.

I’d be amazed if he’s not dropped for Mackenzie next week.
I would drop Jiath before Ward.

Outs Jiath, Breust

Ins Finn, MacKenzie

Would be interesting if Dear out for Scafie.

The boys looking tired and it’s hard to stay up week in week out.

I am proud if the boys on the season and a couple more pieces to the puzzle will come in and seasons end but we hopfully learn when we have momentum we put them to the sword and not waste opportunities.

We will be lucky to beat the blues and we couldn’t hold Hogan not sure how we will hold their couple of big forwards.

Was out all day but followed scores. Gutting to lead by 28 at 3/4 Q time having only given up 5 goals to then get over run with 7 last Q goals

Might be the 30 mins that costs the boys a look at finals. Not many results have gone our way over the past 3-4 weeks. Need to win all three coming home and hope for an ounce of luck now.

So close…. Was within our grasp.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The season is catching up with the kids. Simple as that. The breakaway from stoppages almost non existent. We rope a doped as long as we could. No shame in the loss.
Given how many players played well below their best and we led GWS for 90% of the game, there's a lot of positives to take in to next week.
And a final note...I know we want to play finals but mostly everyone had us bottom 4 this year. This season is already a resounding success with 3 weeks left. Enjoy the ride. It ain't over yet
I've got the Saints beating Carlton in the last round to sneak us into 8th
yeh or the Eagles could beat them in two weeks Carlton are ordinary!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2024 : Hawks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back