Autopsy Round 21, 2024 : Hawks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I can see bummers somehow winning their last 3 to deny us even if we get ahead of Carlton somehow.

It's something like 200 points we need to make up on Carlton. Given they play eagles...we need to pump them by 60+ to have a chance....those r v long odds.

Our best bet was always getting ahead of giants given their draw but that ain't happening now.
we beat them by 55 and we move past them...then we get North and Richmond.

No doubt. Win that game and we were playing finals. It's still possible, depending on other results now, but we threw away an almost guaranteed finals berth. It was a very consequential and painful loss.
he did admit that both players AND COACHEs need to keep playing the team's way for 4 quarters ..... bit of an admission that going defensive etc ( and possibly taking Calsher off etc) early in the last was not it. Bit late now though, unfortunately.

🥄
we beat them by 55 and we move past them...then we get North and Richmond.

Fair enuf, my math was wrong. Agree if we beat blues by 10 goals then we have a real shot to go past them. That is a big ask tho...beating them is the goal and score a bonus. We now also need Essendon to drop a game from here, which is still an ask as they will absolutely bank the Sums game at home who are a rabble.

I've seen everything. One numpty on facebook is blaming Watson wearing different coloured shoes. "If I were coach, I would have sent him back to the change rooms"

I've seen everything. One numpty on facebook is blaming Watson wearing different coloured shoes. "If I were coach, I would have sent him back to the change rooms"
It's like those that say the goal celebrations are a sign the players got too far ahead of themselves.

There wasn't a single wild goal celebration yesterday. The team knows when to put the head down.

You must be new to this forum because I have expressed my concerns about Ward quite few times, not just yesterday. You seriously telling me to calm down? Did actually read my post? Evidently not
You seem reactionary. I haven’t seen your other posts about him no. But guessing that he isn’t good enough is pretty uneducated. Did you have the same concerns after his first couple seasons or only when he stagnated a little this year? Or what about the good performance against Collingwood?

It's like those that say the goal celebrations are a sign the players got too far ahead of themselves.

There wasn't a single wild goal celebration yesterday. The team knows when to put the head down.

I wonder if the cart was put before the horse. Perhaps a pre-emptive "you've had your fun, now it's time to be serious". We looked very 'flat' even in the 2nd when we started to get on top our play was restrained and methodical.

I wonder if the cart was put before the horse. Perhaps a pre-emptive "you've had your fun, now it's time to be serious". We looked very 'flat' even in the 2nd when we started to get on top our play was restrained and methodical.

Given the commentary team were watching the TV just like us, who knows what was happening off camera?

Coaches Votes
10 Jesse Hogan (GWS)
6 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
6 Jai Newcombe (HAW)
5 Brent Daniels (GWS)
2 Toby Greene (GWS)
1 Dylan Moore (HAW)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed the Giants players after the game taking the pi55 out of our guys pretending to pose for pics and doing fake hand shakes and all laughing pretty hard.

Perhaps we have been told to drop the theatrics a bit?

I noticed the Giants players after the game taking the pi55 out of our guys pretending to pose for pics and doing fake hand shakes and all laughing pretty hard.

Perhaps we have been told to drop the theatrics a bit?
Let them enjoy their lucky 2 point win, it may be the last game they win this season. They have Bris, Freo and WB next three games.

Watch the play where Sicily got caught at the end. Tried to be the hero.
Jars was running past at full tilt. Give the handball and he either takes a flying shot or hits someone up.
Instead it was holding the ball.
Those kind of decisions need to burn.

I disagree, Jars also had someone right on his ass. Give the handball and he just as likely gets tackled. Sicily might have seen this and thought, ‘even if Impey is yelling at me that I’m hot, he is as well so there’s no point handballing it straight to someone who will likely be tackled, better that I try and shake my opponent and hit up someone else’

Hardwick did very well to take control of the ball in the moment just prior to that but if we’re talking about little decisions, then a better decision would have been to handball it to Cmac on his right rather than a long looping handball to Sicily where defenders could make up ground on him underneath it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2024 : Hawks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back