Autopsy Round 21, 2024 : Hawks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed the Giants players after the game taking the pi55 out of our guys pretending to pose for pics and doing fake hand shakes and all laughing pretty hard.

Perhaps we have been told to drop the theatrics a bit?
No, perhaps the franchise that stands for nothing could go and **** themselves. This group of Hawthorn players will win a premiership before them . Let that sink in.

On the couch saying GWS kicked 5 goals from D50 transition in the last quarter. The 4th most ever conceded in a quarter!!!

Behind goals vision of Whitfield slicing us to bits. Ginni going no where near him.

Damning vision for Ginni in the review.

And shocking coaching to allow Whitfield to do what he liked the whole quarter.

We have to learn from this. Especially the coaching group.

Staggering.

I noticed the Giants players after the game taking the pi55 out of our guys pretending to pose for pics and doing fake hand shakes and all laughing pretty hard.

They won , they can do whatever they want .

Cameron and a few of the Geelong boys did it too , mocking CJ and a few other things .

We are putting ourselves out there and if we lose we most likely get this response . There isn't much intelligence too it , but it's going to happen .

On the couch saying GWS kicked 5 goals from D50 transition in the last quarter. The 4th most ever conceded in a quarter!!!

Behind goals vision of Whitfield slicing us to bits. Ginni going no where near him.

Staggering.
Maybe having Maginness as Sub would have been good - could have locked him down.

I mean Bedford really toweled up Day

Cameron and a few of the Geelong boys did it too , mocking CJ and a few other things .

We are putting ourselves out there and if we lose we most likely get this response . There isn't much intelligence too it , but it's going to happen .

That and the coaches self satisfied commentary in the footage. -it a fork in them

Interesting when we did drop the celebrations, we did go into our shells a bit?

Maybe they knew things were on the line this week and took it more seriously.

Still, I'd rather them have fun and win if that's the formular!

Staggering.
I dare say the coaching group will learn from it. Mitchell seems the sort of guy who learns from every game.

The whole group are still fairly new to the coaching game in the grand scheme of things.

I dare say the coaching group will learn from it. Mitchell seems the sort of guy who learns from every game.

The whole group are still fairly new to the coaching game in the grand scheme of things.
If anything they need to highlight workrate.

Whitfield is a super talent, but he worked his arse off in the last 20 mins to get his team the much needed win.

Ginni refused to chase and work. That's on us.

I saw Ginnivan trying to run in one bit of play in the last quarter and thought he looked cooked.

Another bit of play he got back to the last line of defence at one point so doubt it was a lack of effort.

I didn't see any laziness from any Hawks player in the last quarter, just fatigue.

I saw Ginnivan trying to run in one bit of play in the last quarter and thought he looked cooked.

Another bit of play he got back to the last line of defence at one point so doubt it was a lack of effort.

I didn't see any laziness from any Hawks player in the last quarter, just fatigue.
Then you missed the On the Couch behind goals vision analysis.
Ginni flat out refused to chase him.

Then you missed the On the Couch behind goals vision analysis.
Ginni flat out refused to chase him.
Just looked it up. Looks to me like Ginnivan put in a few repeat efforts tackling in the F50 and Whitfield took the opportunity to sneak off wide while Ginnivan recovered. By the time he noticed Whitfield was already off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero chance.

Staggering.

I don’t need on the couch vision to know we had a poor day.

At no time did anyone go near Whitfield for the day.
Our backline coach and players were all at sea all day.
Giants walked the ball out with ease so many times.

Mitchell looked really flat all day and his HT interview “they have been a much better side and we have been lucky sort of chat set the tone for me.

Meek and Newc continually competed hard all day and crashed in while Mass was one of our best all day.

Will Day needs to find another trick when he is being sat on. Too good a player to only have 6 kicks in a game for us.

Dimma is lucky Toby kicked poorly as he could have kicked 7 or 8 on him.

Nashy after the big announcement drifted in and out and was just ok.

After saying all that we only lost by a couple of points so the future is bright.

Talking Hawks 6 Points Podcast

I don’t need on the couch vision to know we had a poor day.

At no time did anyone go near Whitfield for the day.
Our backline coach and players were all at sea all day.
Giants walked the ball out with ease so many times.

Mitchell looked really flat all day and his HT interview “they have been a much better side and we have been lucky sort of chat set the tone for me.

Meek and Newc continually competed hard all day and crashed in while Mass was one of our best all day.

Will Day needs to find another trick when he is being sat on. Too good a player to only have 6 kicks in a game for us.

Dimma is lucky Toby kicked poorly as he could have kicked 7 or 8 on him.

Nashy after the big announcement drifted in and out and was just ok.

After saying all that we only lost by a couple of points so the future is bright.
You single out Day for 6 kicks but no mention Worpel only had 7?
Personally the coaching was more off than the player’s performance.

Talking Hawks 6 Points Podca
Sorry for the intrusion but that was an interesting listen.

One point I’d raise though is the podcasters constant reference to a more seasoned gws team. We were really young on Sunday, almost a year younger on average.

I really hope you guys can beat Carlton and take their place in the finals

I suggested to a mate at half time that Sam should send Day to Whitfield to try and break the tag and also nullify Whitfields influence somewhat. Wonder what GWS would have done if we tried this?

We need to work out a strategy for these tags and soon as I would send Cincotta to him if I was Voss. Nash and Worpel need to watch how the Bulldogs block and hit the taggers when one of their mids are getting tagged. I can’t remember anyone trying to help Will out all day. Harder to see on tv of course.

I suggested to a mate at half time that Sam should send Day to Whitfield to try and break the tag and also nullify Whitfields influence somewhat. Wonder what GWS would have done if we tried this?

We need to work out a strategy for these tags and soon as I would send Cincotta to him if I was Voss. Nash and Worpel need to watch how the Bulldogs block and hit the taggers when one of their mids are getting tagged. I can’t remember anyone trying to help Will out all day. Harder to see on tv of course.
Great move re Whitfield.

The funny part about this loss, port and even the Collingwood one, is if we play maginess and don’t fluff the sub role we probably win all those games.

So a top 4 chance is lost because we didn’t play another midfield/defender and go in to slow with x,y,z players.

We are definitely setup for the future but it’s still annoying 😭

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2024 : Hawks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back