• Jason Castagna

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's irrelevant the result won't change and neither will the system
Move on. I hope you're not propping up Lloyd the biggest imbecile on Footy TV shows who you and many on here ( including myself) constantly bag. He's DH mate so don't take that clown as gospel as he will kick the boots in us at first opportunity. I can't believe people on here continually cry over the umpiring days after the game ended and get sucked in by cheap football shows employing clowns with egos . I'm more concerned in moving forward and seeing if the club learnt from its mistakes in hope we will pants them if we happen to meet them in September.
The proof will be in the pudding this week to see if the comments had any affect on the umpiring at Domain Stadium.

It's irrelevant the result won't change and neither will the system
Move on. I hope you're not propping up Lloyd the biggest imbecile on Footy TV shows who you and many on here ( including myself) constantly bag. He's DH mate so don't take that clown as gospel as he will kick the boots in us at first opportunity. I can't believe people on here continually cry over the umpiring days after the game ended and get sucked in by cheap football shows employing clowns with egos . I'm more concerned in moving forward and seeing if the club learnt from its mistakes in hope we will pants them if we happen to meet them in September.

Gotta say, TI, that has had me chuckling quite a bit, the Lloyd situation. I don't mind the bloke, unlike most, but yes, there's quite a few who are using his views on Hardwick's comments, but have continually laid the boots into him over the years, disregarded his opinions and legitimacy to actually be in the media, and called him every name under the sun.
As I say, I don't mind him. Didn't like the way he went about his footy, ducking and diving, and his hit on Sewell was a disgrace in his final game, but finds his opinions on many things to be strong and right and even refreshing. He's not there to sit on the fence!

The proof will be in the pudding this week to see if the comments had any affect on the umpiring at Domain Stadium.
The intensity will be low and I don't think Freo have any goals to tick off at this stage of the year. Don't worry though the umpires thread will still be running strong on here .Umpire bashing has been around since I was a 5yo kid watching Lakes Entrance v Orbost.

Gotta say, TI, that has had me chuckling quite a bit, the Lloyd situation. I don't mind the bloke, unlike most, but yes, there's quite a few who are using his views on Hardwick's comments, but have continually laid the boots into him over the years, disregarded his opinions and legitimacy to actually be in the media, and called him every name under the sun.
As I say, I don't mind him. Didn't like the way he went about his footy, ducking and diving, and his hit on Sewell was a disgrace in his final game, but finds his opinions on many things to be strong and right and even refreshing. He's not there to sit on the fence!

And your point is what? He's either right or wrong, what does what he has said or done before matter when the facts are there for anyone to see? You take a very strange view of the world

The intensity will be low and I don't think Freo have any goals to tick off at this stage of the year. Don't worry though the umpires thread will still be running strong on here .Umpire bashing has been around since I was a 5yo kid watching Lakes Entrance v Orbost.
The only thing I ask for in umpiring is consistency of the decisions, if you call it for one side then call it for both.

You may not agree with the interpretations of the rules, however if it applies to both sides then you accept it.

The issues arise when the interpretations of the rules are applied differently to both sides.

The only thing I ask for in umpiring is consistency of the decisions, if you call it for one side then call it for both.

You may not agree with the interpretations of the rules, however if it applies to both sides then you accept it.

The issues arise when the interpretations of the rules are applied differently to both sides.
Consistency again has being an issue since I was five yo in which I agree is frustrating , but it's never stopped the game from being played and in the end it roughly balances out.
Interpretation is the nature of our rules , but to me it's more misinterpretation from fans than umpires. Go on every board and there are experts all chanting their views and disagreements .
Me , I like football and I totally try and ignore the umpires from seeing past the game. Yes I maybe frustrated like Sunday, but in the end I try and take the positives out of it and look for deficiencies and how / where we can improve.

Last edited:
Roast: Sorry Jack but I expect better. Yes Lonergan was holding you but that was ok apparently. Dusty was ordinary and yes Guthrie was scragging him all day but again all ok here. Rancey was ordinary but even Gods make mistakes. Bachar, I sorry but no more of your stupid panic turnovers. Would much rather see Short or Markov. C Ellis, by Joe you need a huge preseason because you just don't do enough.

Toast: ............. not much other than not having to travel to Boganville again.

Roast: Sorry Jack but I expect better. Yes Lonergan was holding you but that was ok apparently. Dusty was ordinary and yes Guthrie was scragging him all day but again all ok here. Rancey was ordinary but even Gods make mistakes. Bachar, I sorry but no more of your stupid panic turnovers. Would much rather see Short or Markov. C Ellis, by Joe you need a huge preseason because you just don't do enough.

Toast: ............. not much other than not having to travel to Boganville again.

bit hard for Jack when he had hardly any support, was double/triple teams and held all game.

and just came back from injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the way we were tracking with Short in the team. Thought he made that backline look cool and calm .Worries the hell out of me how highly the Richmond selectors etc regard Houli.

Worries the hell out of me how highly the Richmond selectors etc regard Houli.
Yep. Panics under pressure. Big time. Costs goals. It's never going to change and he's never going to be dropped.

Obviously a player like that is best placed in the backline!?

So you don't think we can beat freo? Come on that is garbage.
Nope, I changed my mind when I wrote that, all I know is we won't win a final, I'd put my life savings on it, it's the years of let down in me coming out, sorry man, but I know richmond well and what they do is invent new ways to tear our hearts out, straight sets hasn't been done yet

bit hard for Jack when he had hardly any support, was double/triple teams and held all game.

and just came back from injury

Pretty hard to double and triple team a bloke that leads up at the ball carrier, easy to do it when you sit back and want it long over the top... Jack needs to work up the ground more IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21: Roast & Toast vs Cats & Changes for Freo

Back