Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires aren't corrupt, but I'm confident that just as they they were told to crack down on Ginni, they were also told to crack down on the way we closed down games. The result for both has been being umpired differently.

Crackdown on what exactly? I totally agree with your sentiment but that sums up what is wrong with headquarters.

The game should be umpired on its merits. The umpires having preconceived ideas about certain players and teams is part of the reason why the officiating is so bad.

How can they possibly expect to umpire well with pre conceived biases?

A postscript to this - surely the manhandling of N Daicos off the ball and prior to the contest is also getting to a similar critical mass. If I were Collingwood I’d be highlighting the off the ball treatment in those umpiring reviews. I’ve not encountered a player scragged without the ball as often as Nick is. To Sydney’s credit, this isn’t a comment arising as a result of his treatment in tonight’s game.
1 free in the last two weeks combined, man handled all game. Heeney got more in the 4th quarter alone. A please explain should have been asked last week imo

The last 2 were ****ing disgusting decisions. Cox should have won a free kick for being tackled without the ball.

But the last one, the umpire closest to it and on the boundary with perfect view instructed his mate to not pay deliberate and yet he did…
abc radio agreed with you with regard to cox

Replying to questions but went a little further than he normally does because he was clearly hurting.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'll never understand the way players can have a laugh and a chat with the opposition moments after a gut wrenching loss. I thought that last week when Cripps was chatting away with Pendles and a number of other Pie players with a big smile on his dial after last week's loss and some of ours did tonight.

I know he gave his all during the match and he would have been hurting but that behaviour goes beyond good sportsmanship, and I think is a bad look straight after a devastating loss.

Shake their hands, congratulate them- then get off the ground. You can catch up with your opposition mates when the cameras aren't on you. I don't think some of these blokes understand how gutted supporters are when a season ends under such circumstances.

1 free in the last two weeks combined, man handled all game. Heeney got more in the 4th quarter alone. A please explain should have been asked last week imo
I reckon the week where he had to scissor kick the ball midair while being dragged down before taking possession against the Roos was probably the correct week.

His frame doesn’t help matters though. He shouldn’t be relied on to play contested mid. The complete lack of viable alternatives is significantly damaging his ability to employ his best traits. He needs proper support.

I’m not blaming umpires for that, it was obvious from that first goal in the last quarter we were going to be run over. We got one against Norf so swings and roundabouts on that one.

If we as supporters can see what’s coming why then do the coaches and players not or perhaps they do and the game plan is do nothing. Anyway I’m moving home in September so at least I don’t have to book the moving truck around our games.

We got the first goal of the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do I need your permission to post? Haha give us a spell. Allowed to have an opinion. Take your rose coloured glasses off. The trade has been shit for us and anyone can see that.
anyone?

I’d say only the special ones.

Swings and roundabouts. We should have been penalised in the North game and weren't.
Swings and roundabouts within the north game though. Goals to north when Xerri dived onto the fence and when a frustrated Maynard gave away a free after the ball being 1m over the boundary line wasn’t sighted.

He looked not himself the whole game. I was saying it from the first quarter. He kept hunching over at stoppage.

He might have been ill?
Yep, that thought crossed my mind too. As mentioned elsewhere, he may have had a problem with his back.

I can’t think of many occasions where players are brazen enough to do what Moore did, let alone what the outcome was. If someone finds footage of other examples I’d be keen to watch it. Absolutely no issues with that umpiring decision as far as I’m concerned.

Cameron was only metres down field and the ball was knocked in his direction so there's always the benefit of the doubt in those situations. Be a throw in 99 times out of 100.

I was watching Nick closely at quite a few ball ups in the last half and he just didn't seem himself - no dancing around and being constantly on the move, just standing and watching. He looked just dog tired and fed up at times... which is quite understandable, given the load he's had to carry, especially while Jordy has been injured and no Mitch.
Thought he looked crook when they showed a close up late in the game. Was breathless and looked knackered.

I'll never understand the way players can have a laugh and a chat with the opposition moments after a gut wrenching loss. I thought that last week when Cripps was chatting away with Pendles and a number of other Pie players with a big smile on his dial after last week's loss and some of ours did tonight.

I know he gave his all during the match and he would have been hurting but that behaviour goes beyond good sportsmanship, and I think is a bad look straight after a devastating loss.

Shake their hands, congratulate them- then get off the ground. You can catch up with your opposition mates when the cameras aren't on you. I don't think some of these blokes understand how gutted supporters are when a season ends under such circumstances.

I don't think the players actually care about the average supporter that much.

Umpires have been told that one technique Pies use to ice the game is to allow ball oob. This is the result.

Yup, let's punish the team good enough to be in the lead. How dare they try and protect a lead.

Maybe that was Flys mistake - telling the world we practice closing out games. In the AFL brains trust that clearly translated to these guys must be cheating. Identify their tactic and stop them.

Now the umpires are jumping at shadows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back