Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time we get a comfortable lead halfway through the 4th qtr we stop and want to shut it down. No run, can’t buy a clearance.

What’s the point of Richards coming on with 47secs left.

Someone needs to learn how to tag properly when needed. I know we don’t tag hard but Cripps last week and Heeney this week in the 4th qtr was pathetic just letting them do whatever they want.

Craig Macrae: "we value every second of time in a game".

I'm sorry but when you try to go whole quarters at a time with ZERO intent to actually score, you get the result we got tonight and what we should've got last week.

All ememphasis was on burning time. And to be perfectly frank, that stems from poor coaching, this year anyways.

Couldn't agree more, I'm glad we lost. Don't try and not play the game when we are 3 or 4 goals up. Let's reset, get the aggression back and hit back next year. Macrae needs to be blasted. You're on the bench, tell them to bloody attack when we have the momentum!!!

Pretty much agree with all of the above but obviously can’t like them. Colliwobbles are alive and well unfortunately. So angry that we go out that way, AFL Friday night rules interpretation change aside. What the heck is the plan for last quarters, only try to score if you’re behind. Very rarely lose my cool but I’m ropeable at the moment.

Heeney brilliant but f me, those deliberate calls!

Wasnt even the deliberate calls (which were extreme) but the lack of consistency. Hill puts and arm across Blakey and gives a 50m, Warner had Long completely wrapped up and it ends up being a reversal (which was there). McCartin runs 3-4 steps over the mark and no 50m. They're the 2 that really stood out. That said, we still had the game on our boot on a few occasions and burned those opportunities.

Last edited:
The same shit happens to us week in week out with team overrunning us.

And the idiot coach and players still have no idea how to overcome it. Checked out. Hope you enjoy the early season finish.
It happens to just about every team in the comp these days...

I’m not sure who to put that game on…the players or the coaches.
Because of how frequent we have just stopped in last terms when we get to 25-30 point leads…and get reigned in so quickly tells me it’s on the coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, fu*king lol at Richards being brought in with 47 seconds left while Schultz was spudding it up the entire game

I am absolutely bewildered by this, and I bet not a single journo asks Fly about this (if there's even a journo to ask, last Sydney home game literally only one journo rocked up to the pressers).

Really, really, disappointed. Final quarters use to be a strength and now we're hopeless. Massive question marks over personnel. The clearances from centre bounces was appalling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back