Prediction Round 23, 2024: Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being treated like a second class side by the VFL despite saving them from bankruptcy heavily outweighs the cross-town rivals who aren't really rivals but more comic-relief.

The preferential treatment the Vic clubs get shits me to tears.
With a little commitment you can learn to hate all of them.👍

Attachments

• 2023-10-04.jpg
    2023-10-04.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 426701297_781431720703591_8134374240716831286_n.jpg
    426701297_781431720703591_8134374240716831286_n.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 36
In: Hedwards, Petch, Jones
Out: no one yet

B: Hough, Hedwards, Ginbey
HB: Cole, Gov, Hunt
C: Maric, Kelly, Duggan
HF: Cripps, Waterman, Ryan
F: Williams, Allen, Darling
R: Williams, Reid, Yeo
I: Trew, Johnston, Dewar, Hall, Gaff, Witherden, Petch, Jones

Final change Hedwards for Witherden
Hall or Gaff to be sub, depending on whether they think it’d be better for Gaff to start his farewell or come on during the game.

One of Jones/Witherden to be held out, the other and Petch to play Claremont.

Unless there’s a secret injury in which case Petch is first in.

Thats where im sitting.

Im kind of thinking this is winnable...but those home games against the hawks, norf and saints come to mind.
Am not 100% sure, but I do believe we've turned a corner since those games?
I reckon Coach has got the wind in their sails again.
Also reckon the young ones be playing out of their skins last two games to make an impression.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being treated like a second class side by the VFL despite saving them from bankruptcy heavily outweighs the cross-town rivals who aren't really rivals but more comic-relief.

The preferential treatment the Vic clubs get shits me to tears.

Second class is a generous title for them anyway, they should be grateful for that. I suspect Eagles fans that dislike Freo would increase in numbers if they actually performed at a high enough level for any sustained period of time.

I like some of their players, sure - but will never back them in a final or for anything that matters. Speaking of, hope they miss finals this year which is now becoming a real possibility.

Yankees / Mets, AC / Inter, Lakers / Clippers, Arsenal / Tottenham. You’re not supposed to like them.

Could never understand Eagles fans that got behind them when they played in the GF. Like they were barracking for WA. Dockers fans are generally not behind us. Ok cool, let’s all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya and settle on split points instead of playing derbies in the future. Fk Freo forever! Haha ✌🏻

Second class is a generous title for them anyway, they should be grateful for that. I suspect Eagles fans that dislike Freo would increase in numbers if they actually performed at a high enough level for any sustained period of time.
This is the thing for me. They're not relevant enough for me to hate them.

how are we possibly selling out a game in the rain when we are 16th
Members don't always sell their seats if they can't fill them all (we'll often have 1 of the 4 vacant) and Carlton has a big fan base, so would have snapped up the public reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back