Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating 63 point win.

Played scintillating football in patches that tore them apart, then put the cue in the rack. Could have easily pumped them by 80+.

To make matters worse, we were smashed with injuries. Day likely gone for the season. Scrimshaw with a broken finger. Massive hits on Mackenzie and Newcombe.

Obviously I’m happy with the win but it’s a sour taste.

Not the best spectacle on the planet and not the most even performance of the year!

Definitely positives though - big games from Watson and Dear, great draft so far. Sicily's ability to turn it around in game and get back to his imperious best in the last. Moore cementing his name in the AA side. Newc with 50% of his disposals as score involvements.

Just would have loved to see more from others!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NEVER IN DOUBT!!!!

ENJOY YOUR WOODEN SPOON TUGGRS

Shirt Streaker GIF by Bradford City AFC

Threepeat style win - destroy them in a quarter and then maintain for the rest.

Inaccuracy is a momentum killer
Opposition contested marks are as well.

Great to see Watson and Dear both kick 3.
Amon and D'Ambrosio probably our best two. Moore started on fire but then was very un-Moore like at the end.

We looked very slick in the first half and then put the cue in the rack in the 3rd.

Hope Day is ok. It's not a disaster if he misses final as I believe we have good midfield depth and evenness across the team to cover. He wasn't 100% before the collarbone.

I reckon Scrim was just rested in the last quarter, he is too important to risk.

My thoughts are as below

. Shocking game to watch. Wouldn't have beaten a half decent side
. Ginnivan has been poor for a few weeks
. Sicily is a good player but when he has a stinker, he really has a stinker!
. Watson. Played well but should have had a couple more. Still needs huge work on his kicking.
. Mabior was awful but he was overdue for one.
Amon and Mass were the cool heads we needed. Both were fantastic

Fingers crossed Day can play again this season. Our midfield really needs him for finals
Newcombe and Scrimshaw hopefully ok too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Hawks smack Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back