Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

One to go. Against…what’s that say? Geelong in Geelong.

Positives
  • Harry Edwards. Cashing in on Barrass is such a no brainer now. Go well from here, Haz.
  • I like Tyrell Dewar. Goes well.

Negatives
  • Indeed there were.

Just when you think we've hit rock bottom, they find a way to keep digging.

Loved the largely unrewarded efforts of HJ and Dewar. They should have their spots going into next season.

Harley was burned the other way and didn't finish his work, but showed real ticker in the last especially.

Harry Edwards, take a bow. Barrass' hole will be filled.

The less said about the senior players, the better. Cut them all at this stage as far as I'm concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives:
  • Helping see Freo out of the top eight. Let's hope they stay there.
  • Harry Edwards' game
  • Some good moments from Gov, Yeo, Reid and Dewar
Negatives: Pretty much everything else. One of our worst games in the last three years and that's saying something.

This club needs a full rebuild of its culture as well as the playing list. There's been some good off-field changes this year, but we need them to continue. Montgomery or whoever it will be has a long, hard job ahead.

That's me done for 2024. I've sat through every minute of all but a handful of our games for the last three years, including attending all the ones in Victoria, but I can't stomach even watching next week's game on TV, let alone at the ground. Here's hoping we totally nail the draft, trades, list cull and coach selection.

+ve
-HEdwards looks every bit a senior player.
+Reid keeps impressing.

-ve
-I think Trew has blown any chances of getting a contract the last 2 weeks
-Cripps sucks for large parts of the game. Does one or two good things and escapes scrutiny.
-maybe an overreaction, but this Simpson-esque performance has dented Schofields coaching aspirations. Strengthens the case for bringing in an outsider with a completely fresh start.

The guys have obviously checked out for the year. Avoided the spoon last week and locked in 16th. I'm not expecting much next week.
Next week will be an embarrassment.

Playing an angry Geelong on the rebound jockeying for a position in the eight at a ground that we can’t cope with.

Less than 60 points will be a win. It will be ugly.

Just absolutely crushed in the middle again. We're actually pretty solid at either end, for the most part. But geez do we just constantly get destroyed in the middle. Even with Kelly, Yeo and Reid in there. You'd think that starting lineup would be more competitive, but something is just really not clicking in there

Negatives....

We went in too tall, darling poor again. one of Maric and hutchinson should've played to counter the flee army.

we have to travel to the cattery next weekend!

We need more midfielders. Trew can't find it.

I think Cripps is done.

Harley getting distracted while Cripps runs away from him.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

knew we'd lose, didn't buy into the Carlton injury hype.

Thought we'd do better

Positive: Was flying back from Melb so saw zero seconds.

Negative: Didn't make much of a game of it by the looks

Carl winning makes rd24 more interesting

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just absolutely crushed in the middle again. We're actually pretty solid at either end, for the most part. But geez do we just constantly get destroyed in the middle. Even with Kelly, Yeo and Reid in there. You'd think that starting lineup would be more competitive, but something is just really not clicking in there
outclassed, out paced and out coached. Much like every game we play I guess. Who was our midfield and storage coach - the process would need to be developed over and extended period. Well we all know - 'they' would need a very impressive analysis and plan to be our next coach. Bring on the professional process.

We also had nothing to play for today (just pride and mates but footy is more ruthless than that) - Richmond esque.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back