Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

It was bloody freezing with that wind at the game. Young bloke said he was cold and then when that Ryan/Darling/Cripps calamity happened on our half forward flank I was like “Ok let’s go”. It was the 18 minute mark of the third quarter. Normally I’m one to stick it out the bitter end but that was an utterly shameful performance today.
I sat through the whole catastrophic shambles. Even the 100 point floggings weren't as bad.

This is doing the rounds on reddit already, pretty much sums up Darling and Cripps today

Given the importance of it being a big milestone for a rare 300 gamer and a 259 gamer, the performance today was utter dog shit.

The more time that goes on the more I have a clarity of judgement to determine just how much of our current situation was created by Simpson, and the more blame I put on him for allowing our standards to drop this much

Positives:
Dirty Harry makes me more comfortable trading Tom
No more home games
Harvey is raw but looks ok
Our list manager has just been shown how bare our midfield is and how we need to prioritise them
Zane showed he cannot compete so no more chances
It was nice to say thanks to Gaff

Negatives:
Last time watching HR9 live
Mids need to swipe right to our forwards
Where are you moving to ATG?

This is doing the rounds on reddit already, pretty much sums up Darling and Cripps today

Darling had at least busted a gut marching Ryan up the field by shepherding for him (far longer than the clip shows). It’s a **** up, but he’d done the work to that point of the play. Simply diabolical work rate from Cripps.

Darling had at least busted a gut marching Ryan up the field by shepherding for him (far longer than the clip shows). It’s a **** up, but he’d done the work to that point of the play. Simply diabolical work rate from Cripps.
Darling worked hard all day, just his skills were terrible.
I've backed Cripps in most of the season but I honestly think we'd be better off giving him a push out the door, or give him the Gaff WAFL treatment.

Yeah there's another few years of these types of games popping up let's not kid ourselves.

The key is to not make them as often.

Been half a dozen this year improved from 10+ previous 2 years

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives:
  • Helping see Freo out of the top eight. Let's hope they stay there.
  • Harry Edwards' game
  • Some good moments from Gov, Yeo, Reid and Dewar
Negatives: Pretty much everything else. One of our worst games in the last three years and that's saying something.

This club needs a full rebuild of its culture as well as the playing list. There's been some good off-field changes this year, but we need them to continue. Montgomery or whoever it will be has a long, hard job ahead.

That's me done for 2024. I've sat through every minute of all but a handful of our games for the last three years, including attending all the ones in Victoria, but I can't stomach even watching next week's game on TV, let alone at the ground. Here's hoping we totally nail the draft, trades, list cull and coach selection.
Bold that is me.

-HED was ok.
-Dewar was ok.
-HJ showed a couple of nice touches. Needs to be made a permanent back pocket.
HR good second half.Oh and a big fuc* you to the umpires on his behalf.

-Cripps constantly cribbing the mark.
-Gov wasted down back(today)I would have given him a run in the ruck.
-Pittonet runs in from side on at centre bounces so BBW muscles up beside him and they both move to the bounce together.Straight at one P. Cripps. For fuc*sake run a line that doesn’t go toward where Cripps has stationed himself.
-OA have you been drinking your own bath water ? You needed to sacrifice for the team and get Weitering away. What’s the point of just waiting for the big bomb in the hope of plucking a screamer? How did that go for you?
Weitering weakness is below his knees.We should have been kicking low and to space.Thoughtless, selfish and lazy.
-Hunt if only you could lower your eyes .
Witherden if only….
-This was a day for Hutch to come in.
-Gaff should never have started or should have come out earlier.Luv ya mate but…
-Cripps? Expected more today.
-TK set the tone early with a couple of clangers.
-Need to give Hough some angry pills.
-Ginbey when your wheeling round at pace on your left don’t lob a 5m handball to a stationary target.
-

Williams ability to have his opposing ruck get career best disposal tallies against him is a sight to behold

How the hell does Marc Pittonet end up with 20 possessions and 8 clearances?

Next week will be an embarrassment.

Playing an angry Geelong on the rebound jockeying for a position in the eight at a ground that we can’t cope with.

Less than 60 points will be a win. It will be ugly.
and this is what disappoints me this most.....because we all know its going to be true

as the sun comes up every morning so does the eagles having no chance of winning next week again geelong

you would think the lads would use something as a motivation to get up for this game...but its just going to be a training drill for the cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back