Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

It's taken me while to process yesterday's debacle after watching the whole game live and witnessing in real time the club lose what little dignity it had left.
The most damning thing for me is all the Simpson and Nesbitt endorsed WCE excuses/reasons for the Covid and injury seasons just vapourised in 3 short hours. Carlton had 17 players unnavaiilbale!! Yes 17!! That proves what good coaching, a good game plan and disciplined players can achieve. We've had none of that for years.

It's taken me while to process yesterday's debacle after watching the whole game live and witnessing in real time the club lose what little dignity it had left.
The most damning thing for me is all the Simpson and Nesbitt endorsed WCE excuses/reasons for the Covid and injury seasons just vapourised in 3 short hours. Carlton had 17 players unnavaiilbale!! Yes 17!! That proves what good coaching, a good game plan and disciplined players can achieve. We've had none of that for years.
Well done, you're a bit late to the party but come in, sit down and have a beer.

Pizzas will be here soon.

Yes they had a lot of players missing however there's a couple of things to note here:

1. They still had their star mids, which is where pretty much every game is won or lost, plus most of their backline was intact. It's like how heaps of people drank the bathwater when we played Collingwood because they also had a heap of injuries but it was the same scenario, they were all to their forwardline.

2. WCE are shit.

Yes they had a lot of players missing however there's a couple of things to note here:

1. They still had their star mids, which is where pretty much every game is won or lost, plus most of their backline was intact. It's like how heaps of people drank the bathwater when we played Collingwood because they also had a heap of injuries but it was the same scenario, they were all to their forwardline.

2. WCE are shit.
Achieving that result with 17 players on the injured list is outstanding. No wonder Hansen didn't want the job.
WCE are crap because their crap recruiting hasn't built any depth in the team and the so called development coaches haven't developed any talent.
It's easy to blame Simmo's game plan and the match committee for the mess, nobody is blaming the midfield coaches for the the way we were slaughtered at the centre bounces.

Achieving that result with 17 players on the injured list is outstanding. No wonder Hansen didn't want the job.
WCE are crap because their crap recruiting hasn't built any depth in the team and the so called development coaches haven't developed any talent.
It's easy to blame Simmo's game plan and the match committee for the mess, nobody is blaming the midfield coaches for the the way we were slaughtered at the centre bounces.

Is it? When your first choice midfield is still available(sans the bog average Cerra) and you still have your best defenders, is it really that much of a miracle for a team that was sitting in 2nd place a few weeks ago to defeat the reigning spooner?

People simply got sucked into the bookie odds. They'd have cleaned up bigtime.

Yeah, they were missing McKay and Curnow but they've been trash with them for the past 6 weeks. Who else other than Saad and DeKoning were missing?

That game was pure filth. This week we’ll get slaughtered but I’d be watchingbit without any emotion. Ah well another shitty year done and dusted
Season ended last weekend in my opinion. I didn't watch the last time we copped Geelong in final rnd and am not watching this time either.

I pretty much tuned out of the Eagles game on Sunday. Started getting the kids bats in order for cricket season.

I did wander past the telly a few times though...please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I saw Billiams getting absolutey smoked in the ruck by Patrick Cripps?

JFC Bailey. That is abominable.

I pretty much tuned out of the Eagles game on Sunday. Started getting the kids bats in order for cricket season.

I did wander past the telly a few times though...please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I saw Billiams getting absolutey smoked in the ruck by Patrick Cripps?

JFC Bailey. That is abominable.

What does getting the bats in order entail exactly? Taking them out of their kit bag, running you hands over them, nodding to yourself and saying "yeah that's good, that's good" and then putting them back?

What does getting the bats in order entail exactly?
surprised hammer GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does getting the bats in order entail exactly? Taking them out of their kit bag, running you hands over them, nodding to yourself and saying "yeah that's good, that's good" and then putting them back?

New grip, if needed, retape grip to splice.
Light sand of the face and edges
Oil 'er up. Oh yeah, you like that don't you, you pervert?
Clean up the toe and shoe goo it.
Drink a six pack.

You sometime need to spread out the steps to let things dry or set. So you can end up repeating the last step a number of times. Very important work.

You shadow bat a cover drive for 2, a pull for four and then shadow guiding one that just bounces a bit more than you expect to second slip and you're out.

New grip, if needed, retape grip to splice.
Light sand of the face and edges
Oil 'er up. Oh yeah, you like that don't you, you pervert?
Clean up the toe and shoe goo it.
Drink a six pack.

You sometime need to spread out the steps to let things dry or set. So you can end up repeating the last step a number of times. Very important work.

Mate, your Mrs isn't on here, if you're just smashing a 6 pack whilst flicking on your phone in the shed under the pretence of "getting the bats in order" it's all good.

You shadow bat a cover drive for 2, a pull for four and then shadow guiding one that just bounces a bit more than you expect to second slip and you're out.

Even in my daydreams I suck at sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back