Autopsy Round 3, 2024 :Hawks fail against Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to login just to say that Chol isn’t getting close to the love he should be based on my viewing of the game at the ground. He busted his arse all bloody day and for a player whose knock was effort and laziness - he sure showed that he wants to work bloody hard for this club.

Positives:
  • Ginnivan, Watson and Chol showed something in the forward line.
  • Worpel and Mackenzie were lively in our midfield.
  • Frost competed well against Hawkins.
Negatives:
  • Once again when we play the Cats, the umpires are incredibly biased and borderline decide every decision in their favour.
  • Channel 7 made a "highlights" package of all the frees not given to the Hawks. David King commented on the frees to the Cats and miss frees to the Hawks. Commentators commented on it. Says it all.
  • Apart from Worpel and Mackenzie, our midfield is diabolical. Newcombe has regressed and Ward was forgettable.
  • Mitch Lewis did next to nothing. Probably didn't help that he was held at every contest.
  • Meek should never play again for the club.
  • Breust. Love him and he's a legend but he is done.
Disagree with Meeks comment. He was very good today and offered much more than Reeves. Although against a 2nd gamer, he had 41 hit outs and 16 touches. Should stay in for the next couple of weeks.

Had to login just to say that Chol isn’t getting close to the love he should be based on my viewing of the game at the ground. He busted his arse all bloody day and for a player whose knock was effort and laziness - he sure showed that he wants to work bloody hard for this club.
Yep, he was friggin awesome.

Beaten by a team who finished 12th last season, and for the third week in a row there were many more negatives than positives. This is going to be a very long season. The driver of the team bus has to start turning up at the start of the game for a change. Does Sam put them to sleep before the game or something?

Our Hawks are still developing and our young Hawks are still very young in our number of games.

The list and game plan is coming together, it’s just needs another 12 - 18 months.

Morrison 91
Scrimshaw 85
Nash 75
Moore 73
Chol 63
Newcombe 53
Ginnivan 44
MacDonald 43
Ward 32
Meek 31
Weddle 19
D’Ambrosio 18
Mackenzie 16
Hustwaite 2
Watson 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree with Meeks comment. He was very good today and offered much more than Reeves. Although against a 2nd gamer, he had 41 hit outs and 16 touches. Should stay in for the next couple of weeks.

Needs to work on his hand balling though. So many times he had the option to give it to the receiver on the outside for a quick 1 - 2 but he either handballs it behind them or too low putting them under pressure.

Not alone of course. He has plenty of mates but it's been a big issue with Meeks.

Thought he did well today. I still think Reeve's absolute best is better but I'm happy to give Meek some more time as #1.

Beaten by a team who finished 12th last season, and for the third week in a row there were many more negatives than positives. This is going to be a very long season. The driver of the team bus has to start turning up at the start of the game for a change. Does Sam put them to sleep before the game or something?
We watched different games apparently.

I know sam Mitchell won't do this and the afl will accuse him of putting the game in 'disrepute' but there comes a time when you have to come out and defend a player, no matter the fine or punishment.

He needs to put into question the treatment of ginni and seriously question why he is treated in such manner, stand up for his player/s

Our Hawks are still developing and our young Hawks are still very young in our number of games.

The list and game plan is coming together, it’s just needs another 12 - 18 months.

Morrison 91
Scrimshaw 85
Nash 75
Moore 73
Chol 63
Newcombe 53
Ginnivan 44
MacDonald 43
Ward 32
Meek 31
Weddle 19
D’Ambrosio 18
Mackenzie 16
Hustwaite 2
Watson 2

1711958716546.png

I know they don't list weight anymore so not sure how accurate Footywire is but they looked much bigger than us. Outmuscled us really and broke so many tackles.

Experience averaged across our 22 suggests we are at a bare minimum 1-2 preseasons away.

Yep. He's the forward we've been crying out for. Is hitting opponents hard in the contest.
When we start playing better footy he's going to be a godsend for our smalls

Not the right time to be considering taking Bruest out of the team - hardly his conditions at any stage of his career and we will need experience against Collingwood. I wouldn’t write him off just yet.
Sorry he is finished

I'm not actually sure what his position is ...for a high draft pick with some experience now, he's really not doing much for me. Not all that pacy, can't kick on non-preferred, not great in contested ball, not a great mark we may have stuffed this up

On 2306EPN60G using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't reckon he played that bad today

I just think his being played out of his best position

We have many a hard working player, but really lack the class and skill.
Lil Dyl struggling so far this season.
Just not sure where Ward sits positionally. Too small for inside mid, but lacks the polish needed on the wing.

We desperately need some key position guns. Chol our best this year.

I'm absolutely bloody exhausted from that.

Had the rage, the hope, the rage, the sadness, then enjoyed the last quarter overall.

• Worpel playing like an absolute beast.
  • Newcombe seems to really be missing Day. hard to explain it any other way.
  • Their first gamer ruckman was pretty good. Taking marks, kicking goals. Meek kept at it and contributed a lot across the day
  • Chol is my favourite. Anyone who calls him lazy is not watching him play. Dunno what they're basing it on, but it's not on his performance at Hawthorn that's for sure.
  • Frosty - love him.
  • Watson is starting to really bring it. Seems to be involved in a lot of the plays that actually result in scores. Shame that one was marked on the line cos he had a really good swing at it. His ankle will be fine.
  • It seems the best thing we can do with centre clearances is create a repeat stoppage. That stops the waltzing out of the middle. I shudder to think what Dangerfield would have done to us today.
  • Moore and Breust could not play any worse than they did today.
  • McKenzie showed he's got it. Hope he continues to devleop and get more consistency and stay involved for longer.
  • Dambrosio once again did a lot of nice things - great pickup.

Positives:
  • Ginnivan, Watson and Chol showed something in the forward line.
  • Worpel and Mackenzie were lively in our midfield.
  • Frost competed well against Hawkins.
Negatives:
  • Once again when we play the Cats, the umpires are incredibly biased and borderline decide every decision in their favour.
  • Channel 7 made a "highlights" package of all the frees not given to the Hawks. David King commented on the frees to the Cats and miss frees to the Hawks. Commentators commented on it. Says it all.
  • Apart from Worpel and Mackenzie, our midfield is diabolical. Newcombe has regressed and Ward was forgettable.
  • Mitch Lewis did next to nothing. Probably didn't help that he was held at every contest.
  • Meek should never play again for the club.
  • Breust. Love him and he's a legend but he is done.

Go back and watch the replay. There were periods today that Meek was fantastic. 16 touches and 3 marks, would take Reeves 9 weeks to have that impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3, 2024 :Hawks fail against Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back