Round 3: Changes Vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Hughes took some great intercept marks and at least tried to take the game on.
Shultz was terrible. Had 3 chances any decent opportunist small forward should gobble and screwed them all.
Brayshaw is looking out of his depth at this point. He knows how to get the ball but his decision making and disposal are not AFL standard.
Colyer was good, Conca not so much.
The usual, not enough class out there.
Depends who we have in the shed and is fit?
North & Valente could be worth a look although North seems not even to be in calculation. Valente not fit yet I don't think.
Switowski?
Not much to get excited about.
Melbourne Brayshaw is also a shit kick.

Then you see the McGoverns and their mark and kick and realise those guys just grew up kicking the footy to each other, normally, casually. Brayshaws aren't as natural.

I don't find that weird. He may well have stuck out, being a tall lanky guy, and dumb people made him a target for being different.
What kind of huge unit doesn't ya know... smack them out?!

He's soft as ****, his marks always come from the side.

Lots of tall, gangly kids get picked on. That's why many walk with a slump, because they're self-conscious about it. He wouldn't have been 100kg+ in high school.

Is that how conflicts were resolved down south when you were at school?

There's a welcome return from the distant past, good to have you back, the bombers really must be up shit creek to see you again

When is Ballas back? Clearly us missing him was the difference - was the only change. Bring back Ballas ASAP!!!

Brayshaw and Banfield might have had down days, but at least they stuck at it. They both lead the team for tackles and pressure acts... by a long way.

Probably not too many changes this week... but if we lose again it’ll be time to play da youff!! Sturt anybody???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smack them out is actually weak af! Shows you're mentally weak and have to resort to physical violence. That's not tough in the slightest.

From the side allows him to jump at the ball with no one in his way. I think he's been meh so far, but I can see why he prefers to jump from the side.
What kind of huge unit doesn't ya know... smack them out?!

He's soft as ****, his marks always come from the side.

Am I alone in thinking Cerra has been the biggest disappointment so far?

Really hoping he was going to step up. If he's going to be playing half back he should be playing at Peel instead.
Chuck him and North in the middle. Let them dominate. Like I said, absolutely wasted across half back. BUT Cerra should be in the middle, not Brayshaw. That is clear at this stage

Last edited:
Chuck him and North in the middle. Let them dominate. Like I said, absolutely wasted across half back. BUT Cerra should be in the middle, not Brayshaw. That is clear at this stage

Both of these two players need to be A graders if we are going to contend in the next few years. I want them both in the middle for now, it's not like we're going to make the 8 this year.

Cerra's pace is the big concern. You need pace to find the ball in open space and I just don't think he's going to be that high possession half back player. His strength is his contested inside work and hopefully he's given a chance moving forward.

No changes for me, unless dictated by injury. Sure, Schultz, Banfield and Brayshaw could be better, but that’s what you get when playing inexperience. I can remember Lachie Neale had his own hate thread 6 years ago - point being young players need time.

Unfortunately with Peel yet to start their season we have no real pressure on spots. Maybe Switta could do better than Schultz, but more than likely he won’t (or will blow a hammy). Logue could replace Hughes, but I thought Hughes was fine. Far better than what Duman or Nyhuis showed in the JLT.

Today sucked, but I’d back the same 22 to bounce back next week.

Please bounce back next week, today sucked.

Drop Shultz and bring in Matera, Switta or Giro.

If Darcy is going to play then we need to keep Lobb in to help him ruck and Tabener (despite playing far better than Lobb) needs to wait his turn cause he can't ruck.

No changes or maybe schultz out. Back in Perth, home ground, nice dry non-humid conditions, hard surface, the talls should dominate.

Both of these two players need to be A graders if we are going to contend in the next few years. I want them both in the middle for now, it's not like we're going to make the 8 this year.

Cerra's pace is the big concern. You need pace to find the ball in open space and I just don't think he's going to be that high possession half back player. His strength is his contested inside work and hopefully he's given a chance moving forward.
Does Mundy have pace? No. But Cerra is silky, is calm and has the goods, like Mundy.
Speed is overrated. It’s the outside runners that need to do better. Mundy’s deceptively quick in the first 5-10 m with his weave and getting through traffic. Cerra has that

Drop Shultz and bring in Matera, Switta or Giro.

If Darcy is going to play then we need to keep Lobb in to help him ruck and Tabener (despite playing far better than Lobb) needs to wait his turn cause he can't ruck.
Tabs is the only, was the only one tonight that could take contested marks. Lobb is still clunky and he should be dominating his opponent in the air. He doesn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back