Round 4 Adelaide vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Take this however you want, but my mail from a bloke who generally gets good info is that Bower's still not quite right.

If this turns out to be the case, I reckon we send Waite down back and bring in the Wiggler. As many have said before me, at least he'll have a dip, can take a mark and provide a target who can bring the ball to ground.

We all knew going into this year that going forward was gonna be a tricky proposition at times, so it's really up to Eddie and Yaz to step up this week.

it HAS been tricky and WILL be tricky but is YET to be a problem - Carlton's losses has had nothing to do with a forward line that is inferior or not up to it. I would suggest a bit of ticker, and the resolve to hit targets (including the target between the largest white posts) are the key ingredients.

:confused::confused:

Good post other than this.

10 kicks, 4 handballs, 9 marks (with shit delivery), 4 I50's.........not bad for a 20 yr old CHF being worn all night by Fletcher. ;)

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Looking outside of the team that played on Saturday night I don't see a half-forward target to bring in. I was impressed with Henderson's dukes, he took several strong marks out in front under pressure from Fletcher. FWIW I don't like the idea of bringing back Wiggins, despite him being the best choice on merit.

Saying Bower isn't fit...

IN - Judd, Browne, Jacobs
OUT - McLean, Houlihan, Warnock

Make a statement to Warnock, he doesn't get a free ride, he's been terrible the past couple of weeks and Sauce deserves a crack. Make Robbie work for his spot and let it be know to him he has competition.

Give Carrazzo a job on Vince. Been harping on about this for a while, really don't see why Carrots isn't used like K.Cornes was a few years ago. He can still rack up his touches but more emphasis put on defense. Him just racking it up is not what you want because he's got ZERO hurt factor in his disposal. At least let him still provide some run, 15-20 touches and keep a dangerous midfielder at bay. This gives Gibbs a relief to be played in more of an attacking role.

Give Joseph a midfield job, don't think he's best used as a small backman, give that job to Armfield. We can also use his pace through the middle rather than having both Armfield and Joseph, gives us pace in all positions.

Give Browne a midfield run with role with an Edwards. He stuck to his job in the pre-season very well. Watched him closely and wouldn't give his opponent room to move. You can't have the perfect player in every position, yes he has a few issues with his disposal but he adds toughness that we loose with McLean and lacked last week. We were soft as butter last weekend, he'll have a dip.

Give Walker a job on the Porps or Burton. Once Bower and/or Austin gets back, that's the position i'd be looking to play him. Could be a hard match-up either across half forward on out of the square.

Play Gibbs in an attacking role, please. He was very poor last week but i'd love to see him told to push forward on EVER chance. Even put him one out in the goal square, he has enough talent and footy smarts to kick a few sneaky goals. We are tinkering a few things with our forward line, don't see why Gibbs isn't played one out inside 50. Don't play him behind the play, it allows him to go missing, get him involved as much as possible. If he's struggling a little, let him try to work through it, don't give him a chop out and put him across half back, he won't learn to work hard.

Garlett unlucky.

FB - Andrew Walker, Michael Jamison, Dennis Armfield
HB - Bret Thornton, Jarrad Waite, Jordan Russell
C - Kade Simpson, Chris Judd, Steven Browne
HF - Bryce Gibbs, Lachie Henderson, Marc Murphy
FF - Chris Yarran, Setanta O'hAilpin, Eddie Betts
R - Matthew Kruezer, Andrew Carrazzo, Heath Scotland

INT - Sam Jacobs, Aaron Joseph, Kane Lucas, Mitch Robinson

Bower wont be ready. Simon White MUST play. With Tippet (probably), Burton, Walker and even Maric down there at times, we will need a 3rd tall. Walker has been filling the role, but White for mine is better suited.

For mine:
IN: Hadley, White, Garlett
OUT: Mclean, Houlihan, Robinson

Robinson hasnt been hitting the scoreboard, and hasnt been getting his hands on the pill enough. Garlett has kicked 16 in the past 4 weeks and given our forward line worries, having the 3 smalls and 3 talls needs to be tested over a few weeks. A good time to do it now, as we have some tough opponents in the next few weeks so it will tell us if it will work.

Down back:
Jamison - Tippet
Thornton - Burton
White - Walker

1AW down back but as a running backman rather than a KPD.

The other option is to bring in Wiggins rather than White and play Waite down back, as he has been struggling for form.

Bower wont be ready. Simon White MUST play. With Tippet (probably), Burton, Walker and even Maric down there at times, we will need a 3rd tall. Walker has been filling the role, but White for mine is better suited.

For mine:
IN: Hadley, White, Garlett
OUT: Mclean, Houlihan, Robinson

Robinson hasnt been hitting the scoreboard, and hasnt been getting his hands on the pill enough. Garlett has kicked 16 in the past 4 weeks and given our forward line worries, having the 3 smalls and 3 talls needs to be tested over a few weeks. A good time to do it now, as we have some tough opponents in the next few weeks so it will tell us if it will work.

Down back:
Jamison - Tippet
Thornton - Burton
White - Walker

1AW down back but as a running backman rather than a KPD.

The other option is to bring in Wiggins rather than White and play Waite down back, as he has been struggling for form.

Yeah, you're right. Judd should have to earn his way back through the 2s.

So anyway guys, I was at the physio the other day and Ratten left this behind...

23lgi1d.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Joseph - Jamison - White
HB: Scotland - Thornton - Russell
C: Simpson - Hadley - Gibbs
HF: Lucas - Waite - Yarran
F: Betts - O'hAlphin - Henderson
FOLL: Kreuzer - Judd - Murphy
INC: Carrazzo - Walker - Warnock - Wiggins

EMG: Armfield - Garlett - Jacobs

IN: Judd - White - Wiggins - Hadley
OUT: Houlihan - Armfield - McLean(Injury) - Robinson

Photo gallery of training yesterday from afl.com

http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleri...collection:AFL 2010 Training - Carlton 130410

(sorry don;t know how to do the link thingy)

Ratts still has his old kicking skills by the looks of it

I would prefer to see a genuine forwards/KPP coach out there teaching the guys in the forward line how to lead properly and then settle and go back and kick through the ball.

The defensive coach could also work with them and help with the leading skills by putting a defender on them while they are leading out...

Does anyone know if they do that sort of work during the training sessions?

Why would you drop Robinson who goes in hard and leaves everything on the park?

In: Judd Garlett Jacobs
Out: Mclean Houlihan Warnock (needs to play full games in the VFL after missing so much footy)

Stevens to miss again for Crows
Patrick Dangerfield (neck) and Kurt Tippett (ankle) were also excused from training with the main group but are still considered a chance to play against Carlton at AAMI Stadium on Saturday.

In better news, defender Graham Johncock completed the session and looks set to return after missing the opening three games with a broken thumb.

Why would you drop Robinson who goes in hard and leaves everything on the park?

In: Judd Garlett Jacobs
Out: Mclean Houlihan Warnock (needs to play full games in the VFL after missing so much footy)

Works for me.
I'd really like to see the club use Garlett up the ground a little more on Saturday afternoon. His speed I think could really cause some issues for the Crows, and perhaps is a way we can have Garlett, Yarran and Betts all on the ground at the same time.

Ratts still has his old kicking skills by the looks of it

I would prefer to see a genuine forwards/KPP coach out there teaching the guys in the forward line how to lead properly and then settle and go back and kick through the ball.

The defensive coach could also work with them and help with the leading skills by putting a defender on them while they are leading out...

Does anyone know if they do that sort of work during the training sessions?

What would be the point of a genuine KPP coach when we didnt go ahead and draft a genuine KPP prospect in Talia when we had the chance :rolleyes: :D

I suspect Robinson might miss out due to team balance.

With Mclean out, we might need to bring in Hadley to play that role.

We beat Geelong with Hads in the middle and winning the hard ball to free Judd up to tear it up all over the ground.

Hadley was travelling well in his last game before he broke his arm.

Though I'd like to see Robinson play in the middle for a stint this week.

Ratten mentioned White was close in the presser and could be elevated.

Might be too late considering it's Wednesday...

/Captain Obvious

I doubt that we'll promote White with Bower and Austin not far away.

Jamison, Waite and Thornton to take Walker and their other two talls.

I just want to see more hard running and movement up the ground with Judd, Lucas, Gibbs, Murphy, Carrazzo, Garlett, Yarran and Walker in the side this week.

Switch Yarran up the ground with Garlett there to crumb and run at their defenders.

Houlihan had his chance to impress last week, but did nothing.

would love to get bower back... run and carry and confidence would do a world of good for the team.. by far our most important defender

I have thought up a bit of a sneaky "tactic" that we could use against the crows this week. If anyone knows how to contact the coaching staff would they please pass this on.

If there is a gale blowing to one end of the ground and we are kicking with the wind, DON'T PLAY DEFENSIVE KICK BACKWARDS SHIT LIKE WE DID LAST YEAR!!!!

Was this the game last year that Ratts disgraced himself and aplogized :confused:

Firstly, Theres no way carrots is going to be dropped, lets make that clear.
Secondly, We wont drop robbo(a small forward) for bower ( a tall Defender)
Although i agree robbo played an average game, and may diserve a rest.

I do not think he meant as a str swap eg Bower back, Walker forward, Robbo out :rolleyes:

In: Browne Judd Jacobs (bigger ruck to spell Kreuzer) White
Out: Houlihan Warnock (needs a run of games to get up his confidence and fitness) Thornton (Everone bags Walker, but I knew Bret was going to turn it over after he slowed down play again) Armfield (I think Browne deserves another go)

B: Waite Jamison Joseph
HB: Russell White Gibbs
C: Simpson Mclean Walker
HF: Yarran Henderson Robinson
F: Betts O'hAilpin Lucas
R: Kreuzer Judd Murphy

I/C: Jacobs Carrazzo Scotland Browne

I'd like to see Browne get another go.

Browne has almost become a forgotten man in the eyes of the match committee. If Mclean misses, I would like to see Browne rotated as a defensive small midfielder & forward. He had good games last year against Brisbane, St Kilda and WC as a run with midfielder.

Tagged Rich and Masten out of games.

Needs that sort of match up.

Can take a hanger...Wiggins isn't the future.

Browne will add more hardness than Houlihan.

Maybe the match committee should try to mould Browne into a similar player to McQualter who has neat skills and plays his role in a top side. He's a solid kick on the move with both feet, but shouldn't be allowed to take it out of the backline.

I suspect the MC have dumped Browne due to his disposal

ps I don't know of any Melbourne supporters that rated Brock too highly the last couple of years TG

So anyway guys, I was at the physio the other day and Ratten left this behind...

23lgi1d.jpg

Cleverrrrrrrrrrr :thumbsu:

Early whisper, Waite, Thornton and McLean out for garlett, white and Judd. Only my early mail as would have thought walker and warnock would have been in trouble before Waite and Thornton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4 Adelaide vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back