Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of news...Essendon will likely be wearing black armbands in honour of former CHF in the late 60's and early-mid 70's Alan Noonan, who passed away from cancer yesterday afternoon.
Sad news. He was a late bomber friend's favourite player in the 70s.

Yep. all it needed was Eye of the Tiger blazing on the dual cassette player in the background. :thumbsu::D

I remember all those years ago our obsessed, half crazy but great guy Under 16's Coach played that song repeatedly in the roomsbefore the Grand Final and then gave us the "boxing coach" rev up and sent us out onto the ground.

Result:

Premiership by about 10 goals.
4 or 5 all in brawls.
Half a dozen long suspensions.

:D

I remember all those years ago our obsessed, half crazy but great guy Under 16's Coach played that song repeatedly in the roomsbefore the Grand Final and then gave us the "boxing coach" rev up and sent us out onto the ground.

Result:

4 or 5 all in brawls.

Copped it as well. Got that hyped we lost our marbles for a good hour of football.

Still won but. :thumbsu: on that hideous Balwyn oval.

Result:

4 or 5 all in brawls.

I had a similar sort of experience - back in Junior soccer.

We were playing in the final of a cup (from a tournament) and our coach at the time gave us a very emotional, strong worded rev up, which boosted all of confidence and really got us fired up!!

1 red card and 4 goals conceded later ... we went home losers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Henderson, White

Out:
Thornton, Watson

Carlton

B: Simon White, Michael Jamison, Andrew Carrazzo

HB: Nick Duigan, Jeremy Laidler, Jordan Russell

C: Heath Scotland, Chris Judd, Christopher Yarran

HF: Eddie Betts, Jarrad Waite, Kade Simpson

F: Shaun Hampson, Lachlan Henderson, Jeffrey Garlett

Foll: Robert Warnock, Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs

I/C: Andrew Walker, Mitch Robinson, Andrew Collins, Edward Curnow

Emg: Dennis Armfield, David Ellard, Kane Lucas

Do you think about what you type or do you just blurt out the latest thought bubble you have.

Betts has 6 goals from 3 games, that in case your math isnt up to it, is an average of 2 goals per game.

Stephen Milne, widely regarded as the best small forward going around over the past decade, averages.........wait for it.........2 goals per game.

So yes Betts had a poor game last night, was playing on one of the best defenders going around, but to say he has been poor all year is just plain dumb. He (Betts) is also part of the reason why Garlett does so well, it is a team effort, and Betts draws the better defender leaving Garlett to thrash their next best defender.

Its one of the reasons this place is so poor most of the time, there are very very few posters that have the slightest clue what they post and most just blurt out the latest rubbish that passes for thought process.

And do you really think the selectors would trash our set up on the back of 1 bad game? And that is bad by fan standards, not by selection standards, given that he did the next best thing when not getting it himself, freeing up Garlett to kick the goals. Get a clue.

Yeah I can't believe people want to drop Eddie, is ready for a big game and gifted Garlett a few goals last week with his handball, if anything when he gets locked down by a tight defender Ratten should be pushing him up into the guts for a while to generate some clearances and get some touch on the footy, is damaging when put around the clearances and should be used more in that role with Murphy or someone going forward for a rest. Not sure what is going on with Hampsons marking but he gets himself to enough contests and gets hands to the ball but then grounds it, it's like he is closing his eyes or something, if that can be fixed somehow he will take a heap of marks and make himself really dangerous all over the ground.:thumbsu:

In: Prismall
Out: Davey

Essendon

B: Kyle Hardingham, Dustin Fletcher, Courtenay Dempsey

HB: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Cale Hooker, Dyson Heppell

C: Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson, Mark McVeigh

HF: Jason Winderlich, Michael Hurley, David Zaharakis

F: Angus Monfries, Patrick Ryder, Stewart Crameri

Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Ben Howlett, Heath Hocking

I/C: Sam Lonergan, Leroy Jetta, Brent Prismall, Jake Melksham

Emg: David Hille, Alwyn Davey, Kyle Reimers

Remove this Banner Ad